Themes For Stock ROM - 2.3.340

Search This thread

waremike32

Dec 19, 2008
I thought I'd share some themes for the stock rom. These themes are all compatible with the stock deodexed 2.3.340 rom.

NOTES:
1. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!! You assume all responsibility for what you do to your device!!!!
2. You must have root.
3. You must have Koush's Bootstrap Recovery to flash the .zips.
4. You must be deodexed first. Flash this zip to deodex if you have not done so yet. You may also use this file to return to the stock theme after flashing my other themes. DOWNLOAD LINK ------ MIRROR

---------------------------------------------------------

Gingerbread Theme 0.1
-Includes Nexus S live wallpaper - Select Nexus as your live wallpaper
-Screenshots include Paul's Gingerbread launcher (available in Market), but it is not included in this theme.
-Credit to Fabolous for lockscreen sliders & animations

Stock Animations Version
DOWNLOAD LINK

Stock Animations w/ Transparent Pulldown Version
DOWNLOAD LINK

Apex Animations Version
DOWNLOAD LINK

Apex Animations w/ Transparent Pulldown Version
DOWNLOAD LINK

-----------------------------------------------------

Stock AOSP Froyo Theme 0.1
-Stock launcher not included
-Credit to Team Defuse for the lock sliders

Stock Version
DOWNLOAD LINK

Transparent Pulldown Version
DOWNLOAD LINK

-----------------------------------------------

HTC Sense Theme 0.1
-credit to acidbath5546 for the locksliders.
-Wallpaper attached to 1st post.
-Fancy Widget not included.
-Sense Launcher not included. See this thread

HTC Sense Theme
DOWNLOAD LINK

HTC Sense - Transparent Pulldown Version 0.1
DOWNLOAD LINK

-------------------------------------------------

Galaxy DX Theme 0.1
-Launcher from screenshots not included. It is "ADW Launcher" with "GS ADW Theme", available in the Market.
-Wallpaper attached to 1st post

DOWNLOAD LINK

Attachments

• default_wallpaper.jpg
    default_wallpaper.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 676
  • default_wallpaper2.jpg
    default_wallpaper2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:

waremike32

Dec 19, 2008
Nexus S wallpaper and audio packs

Metamorph lock sliders
-Puzzle
-Blue

Attachments

• NexusSwallpapers.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 339
  • audio.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 287
  • PuzzleLockDX.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 269
  • BlueLockDX.zip
    134.2 KB · Views: 234
  • snap20101228_143030.jpg
    snap20101228_143030.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • snap20101228_190703.jpg
    snap20101228_190703.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 945
Last edited:

maddog0331

Nov 7, 2010
Somewhere in NY/FL
Thanks a lot Mike I have been looking all over the net for this. You should also posted at the Droid X Forums and Droid forums. You're gonna make a lot of people very happy if you posted over there, or I can do it for you with all credit going to you of course.

HCdroid

Dec 7, 2010
Is it possible to see more pics of the gingerbread theme on different screen...eg dialer market etc. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

UnkleDuke

Feb 28, 2010
@maddog feel free to start threads wherever you like. I'll only be checking the threads here and at Droid-life (under DX themes), so just refer people to those threads for any questions.

@HCdroid This initial version of these themes do not skin any apps. Updates will be coming though that will include browser, market, dialer etc. Stay tuned :)

FYI waremike32 = unkleduke, I had to use my old nick to post the links here.

Reactions: HCdroid

chaz493

Jul 18, 2008
Kansas City, MO
My phone did not like, i have stock 2.3.340 rooted and when i installed it almost bricked my phone. Would get stuck at the initial boot logo and go nowhere. Luckily i figured out taking my micro sd out and plugging the phone into usb while booting made the clockwork mod bootstrapper pop up so i could use my backup image. Almost had to SBF.

Not sure what caused it but man i wish i could get that gingerbread theme working!

HCdroid

Dec 7, 2010
Just got it loaded on my X. Everything I was hoping plus then some. Thanks for this!...very reluctant on running a custom ROM since I'm pleased with the stock one and this fit the bill perfectly.

UnkleDuke

Feb 28, 2010
Wallpapers and sound files from the Nexus S dump on 2nd post.

My phone did not like, i have stock 2.3.340 rooted and when i installed it almost bricked my phone. Would get stuck at the initial boot logo and go nowhere. Luckily i figured out taking my micro sd out and plugging the phone into usb while booting made the clockwork mod bootstrapper pop up so i could use my backup image. Almost had to SBF.

Not sure what caused it but man i wish i could get that gingerbread theme working!

Did you deodex first? First boot may take a few minutes. You should see the droid eye animation run for awhile. As long as it doesn't loop, it is probably running fine.

Last edited:

chaz493

Jul 18, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Wallpapers and sound files from the Nexus S dump on 2nd post.

Did you deodex first? First boot may take a few minutes. You should see the droid eye animation run for awhile. As long as it doesn't loop, it is probably running fine.

Fairly certain i deodex, but still it never got past the initial boot image, droid eye never loaded. it sat at that first screen for about 5 minutes, never moved on. I used my restore point and got it back to normal so all is well. Im still going to try it out again, ill try to deodex again and see if that makes a difference

HCdroid

Dec 7, 2010
Instructions on OP include a zip file to deodex 2.3.340. I used it and worked flawlessly

Jon El Canche

Nov 16, 2010
Just to verify, if I make a backup before installing deodex and theme, restoring the backup will get rid of both and I will be back to complete stock?

UnkleDuke

Feb 28, 2010
Restore a backup, confirm your wallpapers work. Then reflash the theme and be sure to mount /system first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought I'd share some themes for the stock rom. These themes are all compatible with the stock deodexed 2.3.340 rom.

NOTES:
    1. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!! You assume all responsibility for what you do to your device!!!!
    2. You must have root.
    3. You must have Koush's Bootstrap Recovery to flash the .zips.
    4. You must be deodexed first. Flash this zip to deodex if you have not done so yet. You may also use this file to return to the stock theme after flashing my other themes. DOWNLOAD LINK ------ MIRROR

---------------------------------------------------------

Gingerbread Theme 0.1
    -Includes Nexus S live wallpaper - Select Nexus as your live wallpaper
    -Screenshots include Paul's Gingerbread launcher (available in Market), but it is not included in this theme.
    -Credit to Fabolous for lockscreen sliders & animations

Stock Animations Version
    DOWNLOAD LINK

Stock Animations w/ Transparent Pulldown Version
    DOWNLOAD LINK

Apex Animations Version
    DOWNLOAD LINK

Apex Animations w/ Transparent Pulldown Version
    DOWNLOAD LINK

-----------------------------------------------------

Stock AOSP Froyo Theme 0.1
    -Stock launcher not included
    -Credit to Team Defuse for the lock sliders

Stock Version
    DOWNLOAD LINK

Transparent Pulldown Version
    DOWNLOAD LINK

-----------------------------------------------

HTC Sense Theme 0.1
    -credit to acidbath5546 for the locksliders.
    -Wallpaper attached to 1st post.
    -Fancy Widget not included.
    -Sense Launcher not included. See this thread

HTC Sense Theme
    DOWNLOAD LINK

HTC Sense - Transparent Pulldown Version 0.1
    DOWNLOAD LINK

-------------------------------------------------

Galaxy DX Theme 0.1
    -Launcher from screenshots not included. It is "ADW Launcher" with "GS ADW Theme", available in the Market.
    -Wallpaper attached to 1st post

DOWNLOAD LINK
    Nexus S wallpaper and audio packs

Metamorph lock sliders
    -Puzzle
    -Blue
    I've been running 3.4.2 for awhile and it seems to run very well. I've ported my GB theme already to it and if anyone is interested, I'm thinking of updating all of my themes. Anyone else interested in themes for stock 3.4.2?

This may be a dumb question ... I don't really want to mess with 10% battery increments as all the editing isn't really of interest to me. I've been using Battery Indicator Pro to get a clear readable 10% battery icon on the notification bar. However, in that case I don't need the stock battery notification as that's duplication.

If I were to just delete the *.battery.* PNG and XML files from within the Galaxy DX Theme framework-res.apk, would that create any kind of problem (i.e. crash, bootloop)?

That may work, but you will most likely bootloop or cause force closes. Make a backup first and you should be able to get into the bootstrap and restore if your mod doesn't work.
    Added transparent pulldown versions to all themes.

Nice to see you here posting themes.
    You were very helpful in i910 & i920 days.
    I'm currently on the Fission Rom stop by and say hi some day.
    :cool::cool:

Hey man, good to see you here too. When I start making themes from scratch I'll definitely port to Fission.
    Ok, I have a question, DO we need a launhcer like the apps on the android market? or are these themes ACTUALLY themes that don't require an app to run over that stupid blur crap?

These aren't launcher themes. They are rom themes. So no you don't need a launcher app. You do need to deodex to use them though.