Never never an Lg again

Search This thread

niyazidk

Jul 13, 2006
Copenhagen
I like lg's hardware. I had optimus 3d and now have optimus g. Both has great hardware.
I have flashed custom roms since windows mobile days, so i should have a little experience..!
But you can never be sure to flash safely especially with Lg. You can loose your imei, baseband...etc
And now i have kernel crash on my loved optimus g... A demogod kernel crash. I can boot in cwm but cant restore system. It restore boot and then system restoring fails. I can also boot in android and after a few seconds it crashes. So it doesnt stay long enough to be fx recognized by pc to save it. Pc doesnt recognize it even in download mode. I will also try with another pc.
You dont have such problems with htc or samsung. The problems with these phones arent so complicated like lg.
SO NEVER AN LG AGAIN...

nchc

Oct 9, 2010
Huawei P30 Pro
What about side loading rom? Phones with external sd cards are great in such moments.

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
yup, why not when you mess up the phone and cant do any thing about it, lets rock the blame game..

lu6200 to su640 to lte2 to optimus g to optimus g pro.... never had any issues and never will buy anything else.

Reactions: Billy Madison

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
You can't blame LG for a mishandeling YOU made.

I had HTC's and Samsung in the past, they all present a "bricking" potential if you start to fool around with Kernel, custom rom, etc.

Now, you should try to restore it back to stock to see if it fixes your issues.

niyazidk

Jul 13, 2006
Copenhagen

I had HTC's and Samsung in the past, they all present a "bricking" potential if you start to fool around with Kernel, custom rom, etc.

You should read my post again...
Yes i will try stock rom but i think i have read somewhere that some still has it even after stock rom...

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
Yes i will try stock rom but i think i have read somewhere that some still has it even after stock rom...

Yes, I've read your post: You've flashed a custom rom and now get a kernel error.

Go back to stock in download mode using KDZ updater and you should be ok.
Follow this guide to the letter:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010624

And, as I already told, LG can't be blame for anything other than running stock. Even if you only root the device and crash it, you can't blame em for this.

Reactions: TheStigOnline

niyazidk

Jul 13, 2006
Copenhagen
Yes, I've read your post: You've flashed a custom rom and now get a kernel error.

And, as I already told, LG can't be blame for anything other than running stock. Even if you only root the device and crash it, you can't blame em for this.

It was stock rom. I have only rooted and unlocked it, then i wiped it in cwm, nothing else...

niyazidk

Jul 13, 2006
Copenhagen
Finally... I figured it out. I have used the old KDZ updater and after tons of try, i did it. But again as i said no more LG... Maybe we should stick with a phone that has a sd slot. : )
A sum of what i did
1- find a stock rom from http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20
2-Get old KDZ updater i have uploded and remove zip from the name
3-In KDZ updater choose 3GQCT and i think it was cs emergency, i am not sure and choose your kdz file and finally launch software update
4-Connect your phone in download mode to pc. KDZ updater has kicked the phone out of download mode and couldnt find the phone. Just try again and connect phone again while it extracts kdz file. You could also try different usb ports as i did.
Thats all.

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
Finally... I figured it out. I have used the old KDZ updater and after tons of try, i did it. But again as i said no more LG... Maybe we should stick with a phone that has a sd slot. : )
A sum of what i did
1- find a stock rom from http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20
2-Get old KDZ updater i have uploded and remove zip from the name
3-In KDZ updater choose 3GQCT and i think it was cs emergency, i am not sure and choose your kdz file and finally launch software update
4-Connect your phone in download mode to pc. KDZ updater has kicked the phone out of download mode and couldnt find the phone. Just try again and connect phone again while it extracts kdz file. You could also try different usb ports as i did.
Thats all.

That's pretty much what the link I've posted said to do!

Anyway, good to know you're ok now.

If you want to unlock, use this:

Root:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38886073#post38886073
To unlock after, install Project FreeGee from google play
Then CWM/TWRP from FreeGee

niyazidk

Jul 13, 2006
Copenhagen
That's pretty much what the link I've posted said to do!

Anyway, good to know you're ok now.

If you want to unlock, use this:

Root:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38886073#post38886073
To unlock after, install Project FreeGee from google play
Then CWM/TWRP from FreeGee

That was what i did last time. But i think my problem was cwm. Because i wiped device in cwm and i had that problem. I have choosen cwm instead of twrp because it was preffered. What do you think? Should i choose twrp or cwm? Do you have experience with them?

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
That was what i did last time. But i think my problem was cwm. Because i wiped device in cwm and i had that problem. I have choosen cwm instead of twrp because it was preffered. What do you think? Should i choose twrp or cwm? Do you have experience with them?

CWM has issues with the latest Cyanogen, TWRP is apparently required so I installed the latter. I've been running "stock rom" for a month tought, I can't realy tell about Custom roms.

sunyakram

I like lg's hardware. I had optimus 3d and now have optimus g. Both has great hardware.
I have flashed custom roms since windows mobile days, so i should have a little experience..!
But you can never be sure to flash safely especially with Lg. You can loose your imei, baseband...etc
And now i have kernel crash on my loved optimus g... A demogod kernel crash. I can boot in cwm but cant restore system. It restore boot and then system restoring fails. I can also boot in android and after a few seconds it crashes. So it doesnt stay long enough to be fx recognized by pc to save it. Pc doesnt recognize it even in download mode. I will also try with another pc.
You dont have such problems with htc or samsung. The problems with these phones arent so complicated like lg.
SO NEVER AN LG AGAIN...

Can't blame on lg. I see a ip***e fired, my s2 baseband fu***d, all companies made there best. Maybe it's about damaged/dropped phone.

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
aren't threads/guides on rooting, flashing custom roms/kernels had warned you about a potential bricked device? sometimes it pays to understand/accept what we read.

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
Dont blame our root or unlocking methods. One day after unlock and root, my battery drain in 4 hours. I even cant flash custom android 4.2.2 ROM.Even twrp doesnt work, appears a black screen. One day i uninstalled NFC apk. And thats it. Everything go back to normal. I dont know why Android 4.2 ROMS dont work on my device in that time, but the battery problem was NFC.
Just sharing an experience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It was stock rom. I have only rooted and unlocked it, then i wiped it in cwm, nothing else...

Rooted and unlocked with a custom bootloader is not stock. You can have a lot of issue with the wrong bootloader. I once did!

Get it back to stock with the KDZ, you'll know if it's a software issue and if it's related to the custom/unlocking/rooting.
    yup, why not when you mess up the phone and cant do any thing about it, lets rock the blame game..

lu6200 to su640 to lte2 to optimus g to optimus g pro.... never had any issues and never will buy anything else.

Truly. Nitro to LTE2 to OG Pro to G2 :cool: :victory: :highfive: