[MOD][5-18-12]Beats-Flashable-Sense 3.0+-Evo3D-Updated for ICS !!

Search This thread

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
I personally didn't think beats was all that great but alot of users like it so i made this flashable version for my rom. Figure everyone else would enjoy it as well. It does replace some files though such as services.jar and framework.jar. I have only tested it with my rom but it should work with any rom but i suggest making a nandroid backup just in case.

This is the full beats with icons and eveything

Now with HotSpot working (Thanks Leoisright)

Sense Roms ONLY

Anyways just flash it in recovery and enjoy :)

Now has universal updater-script so it can be flashed on any device But probably will not work so try at your own risk !!

A few have reported that it flashes on other devices and it boots so it may just work on some. :)

This is developed for the Evo 3D it is on the portal and because of my title it says for ANY Sense rom but it was made for the 3d. but if you want to try it on other devices i strongly recommend a nandroid backup before testing. I'll be looking into the possibility of multiple devices soon. Sorry for the confusion..

Now updated to 2.17 Base !!! First boot will take a few minutes be patient !!

Clear music apps data from settings before running music for the first time. Clear HTCMusic and Music Enhancer data.

Tested on MeanROM

Updated 5-18 - to ICS, includes beats notify. May break a few features in leedroid tweaks will only effect framework edits made by leedroid which shouldnt be much. On 2.17 it only messed up the overscroll. Works on VM leaked ics and should work on any sense 3.6 roms.

A BIG thanks and credit to GrousomeWolf & Team Nocturnal for the needed files in the Beats for 2.17 Based ROMS !!!

Attachments

• Beats-2.17-signed.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 3,956
  • Beats-ICS-Edition.zip
    6 MB · Views: 2,409
Last edited:

dr_acula_sxe

Sep 12, 2010

huntingslife

Jun 18, 2010
I downloaded twice to make sure. Any ideas?

Sent from my six shooter in 3d using Tapatalk

Edit: ok sweet thanks

Rob_ec

Apr 23, 2010
Gaia
Does the audio really sound any better?
As a sound engineer i can tell u exactly what it does.
its simply e.q no added stereo imaging or reverd just simple e.q
it just takes out the sub bass and adds the mid low bass to give u that full bass sound on headphones.it takes off some of the hi freq and cuts those while boosting the high mids
Im pretty positive because i have used dsp since the hero and can produce this effect lol

Just wanted to clear this up to people because like most of u i was expecting alot more! i have some studio headphones so if u have some $15 small ear buds dont expect much lol
its all about preference though just dont IGNORE ROMS THAT DONT HAVE BEATS because it isnt much at all!

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
As a sound engineer i can tell u exactly what it does.
its simply e.q no added stereo imaging or reverd just simple e.q
it just takes out the sub bass and adds the mid low bass to give u that full bass sound on headphones.it takes off some of the hi freq and cuts those while boosting the high mids
Im pretty positive because i have used dsp since the hero and can produce this effect lol

Just wanted to clear this up to people because like most of u i was expecting alot more! i have some studio headphones so if u have some $15 small ear buds dont expect much lol
its all about preference though just dont IGNORE ROMS THAT DONT HAVE BEATS because it isnt much at all!

I will have to disagree with part of this statement. I do agree that it is probably nothing more than an eq setting but I have never been able to replicate this setting using dsp manager or any other eq for that matter....at least not through my stereo bluetooth set. DSP alone, has never even remotely made my headset bearable to listen to, but beats makes them sound as good or better than a wired set. That is saying quit a lot.

Rob_ec

Apr 23, 2010
Gaia
I will have to disagree with part of this statement. I do agree that it is probably nothing more than an eq setting but I have never been able to replicate this setting using dsp manager or any other eq for that matter....at least not through my stereo bluetooth set. DSP alone, has never even remotely made my headset bearable to listen to, but beats makes them sound as good or better than a wired set. That is saying quit a lot.

Yeah man its all about your setup though i have studio monitors,studio headphones so i get the real flat response unlike other headphones which are shaped for sounding good lol.
if it works for u great lol i was just trying to explain to everyone its not a necessity in roms if u have dsp lol
i know what u mean though 100% i had a Bluetooth headphone set and it sounded horrible through dsp

**WHAT WE NEED IS A VOLUME MAXIMIZER THOUGH*

Reactions: scrack26

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Nah i havent added them i would like to though but last time i tried crt animations it wasn't happening. I need a good guide on editing the files.

EDIT

The hotspot does work but no crt

So you got hostpot and beats going? Thats tight man! Now we just need a CRT mod and we are golden. I am testing it out on my ROM now....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I personally didn't think beats was all that great but alot of users like it so i made this flashable version for my rom. Figure everyone else would enjoy it as well. It does replace some files though such as services.jar and framework.jar. I have only tested it with my rom but it should work with any rom but i suggest making a nandroid backup just in case.

This is the full beats with icons and eveything

Now with HotSpot working (Thanks Leoisright)

Sense Roms ONLY

Anyways just flash it in recovery and enjoy :)

Now has universal updater-script so it can be flashed on any device But probably will not work so try at your own risk !!

A few have reported that it flashes on other devices and it boots so it may just work on some. :)

This is developed for the Evo 3D it is on the portal and because of my title it says for ANY Sense rom but it was made for the 3d. but if you want to try it on other devices i strongly recommend a nandroid backup before testing. I'll be looking into the possibility of multiple devices soon. Sorry for the confusion..

Now updated to 2.17 Base !!! First boot will take a few minutes be patient !!

Clear music apps data from settings before running music for the first time. Clear HTCMusic and Music Enhancer data.

Tested on MeanROM

Updated 5-18 - to ICS, includes beats notify. May break a few features in leedroid tweaks will only effect framework edits made by leedroid which shouldnt be much. On 2.17 it only messed up the overscroll. Works on VM leaked ics and should work on any sense 3.6 roms.

A BIG thanks and credit to GrousomeWolf & Team Nocturnal for the needed files in the Beats for 2.17 Based ROMS !!!
    Updated to work with 2.17 ROM's see first post, download is in attachments...
    You shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast... I did send an apology pm to magical and I am not some asshole stealing **** from people. I simply got side tracked and forgot to edit the post thanking Team Nocturnal for some of the files. I am not like that at all and understand the anger but i will do what it takes to fix it and stand up and take responsibility. I am still kind of a new dev here so hopefully there is some forgiveness. I'm just used to how i do things, if i post it somewhere its free to use and redistribute freely i dont care much about the politics, guess it's the open source frame of mind.

But i completely understand where they are coming from thinking some asshole just stole their hard work, but i'm not like that i told him i would remove the download and close the thread if need be. Hopefully he understands and lets it stay up. I am adding credit to the op along with a link to their teams rom thread. Hopefully magical is the right person to pm and coneys the message to his team.

Again Sorry to their team...:(
    I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but did anyone think to ask HTC, Monster, or Dr. Dre if we could frankenhack their ROMs and code together in order to distribute them on forums and accept donations for something that's largely due to their creating it? This asking for permission to use something that we didn't even create but simply hacked and glued together is getting kind of lame. Just saying. I understand giving credit where credit is due, but asking to use something you didn't create or own the rights for is just bogus.
    Anyone flash this with MeanRom and the Anthrax kernel?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Yes thats what i tested it with

And it works with leedroid tweaks but has to be installed after leedroid and crt animation and overscroll colors wont work but everything else does.

I am working on the crt animations now and will work on overscroll soon.

Will post it when i finish but all the other features of leedroid work.