[Q] Vodafone smart II 2 Root + Customized ROMs

Search This thread

bassalh123

Jun 7, 2012
Hi XDA,
Just got my self another android phone. It's Vodafone smart II 2 running Android 2.3.7. I found it hard to root using z4root or superoneclick... Anyway did somebody root this phone yet? Is there customized ROMs for this phone? I was messing with this phone and at least I found how to get into recovery ---> Volume up + Power It looks like it has Alcatel one touch hardware I think.... So help me to root this phone please Can I upgrade this to Android 4 ICS?
14/06/2012 - Update 1: I tried the universal androot from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598"] But did NOT
work it has been used to root Alcatel OT-981
- Update 2: I tried the same method used to root Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N from this link http://jcyberinux.com/rjdreyes/how-to-
root-alcatel-one-touch-glory-918n.html BUT I did NOT get anywhere
- Update 3: I tried different superuser.zip files and tried to install from recovery BUT unsuccessful
- Update 4: I tired to install Marina ROM for Alcatel OT990 downloaded from the following link http://xdaforums.com
/showthread.php?t=1556460 But failed to finish the process, the result the phone would NOT reboot. So I had
to restore it.
Is anybody else working on this?
Video tutorial on how to root the device.
http://youtu.be/0LX7_Pn2j4g

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bozint

fpb

Mar 1, 2007
The root is done. I will make a Youtube tutorial whenever I have a bit of time. Promise!!!

Thanks! I've been trying to understand how android devices work since this is my first one and was about to ask you how you have managed to restore your phone after your little accident with it not booting.

Now I read the you have managed to root it!

My main objective is to update some custpack applications with newer versions and remove others. I'll wait for your youtube tutorial.

Reactions: bassalh123

bassalh123

Jun 7, 2012
How to root Vodafone smart 2

Thanks! I've been trying to understand how android devices work since this is my first one and was about to ask you how you have managed to restore your phone after your little accident with it not booting.

My main objective is to update some custpack applications with newer versions and remove others. I'll wait for your youtube tutorial.

The tutorial is now available on Youtube under the title How to root Vodafone Smart 2 II it's Published on 17 Jun 2012 by bassalh2025.
XDA would NOT let me to post outside links cause I have less than 10 posts.
To restore it Boot into recovery then choose backup & restore It's an easy process anyway. I suggest to make a backup first just in case if you have an accident like I did with Marinia ROM then it can solve the problem in the future cause as far as I know there is no ROMs available yet for Vodafone smart 2

Last edited:

fpb

Mar 1, 2007
Splendid! After rooting it I have already managed to update Gmail, Twitter, Facebook and OfficeSuite without wasting precious memory. I simply replaced the /custpack/app versions with the new ones, reboot, et voilá!

Thanks for the root method!

Reactions: bosko1985

Voda_Smart_2

Jun 18, 2012
Hello,

Can you please explain how to recover if phone it is stuck on boot ?
Now just Android image it is displayed on phone and can't enter to boot menu with Power ON + Volume UP buttons.
I jut tried to make backup with CWM got error and now phone it is stuck on boot.

If I connect to USB on PC it prompt for driver but can't find yet any compatible to try fastboot.

thank you.

hunterul7

Jun 18, 2012
Freeze

Hello,

I have the same problem aswell, do you know exactly the cause of your issue? i think mine is that i used SUPERRECOVERY (a program for another android phone) that messed up my soft and i cannot boot to the RECOVERY mode, key combinations aren't working and i get stuck at green android image logo so i have to remove the battery every time ... Did the root work for you? i presume you rooted your phone before you tried to backup the CWM ? PS: i tried to ROOT my phone with that program SUPERRECOVERY, that is why i messed up my soft, did not had a chance to try the root method provided on this thread :( ...Vodafone Smart 2 here.

Last edited:

Voda_Smart_2

Jun 18, 2012
Hi,

I had no chance to root the phone, just made backup and after that I try to make backup with CWM and this one killed the phone.
Now I have backup files *.img but I can't find a solution to program this files.

I try to connect to PC but no drivers are found for this device even I try to point to drivers from phone SD card.

It look's like I need drivers for VID_0A5C&PID2132 to try to flash my recovery.img with sw from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1144773
but I can't find it.

hunterul7

Jun 18, 2012
But how did you even manage to use ClockWorkMod because this program can't be used unless your phone is rooted, and what was the point in making a backup with that CWM if the phone already has the Alcatel recovery v1.0.0.0. preinstalled.

Voda_Smart_2

Jun 18, 2012
I had no idea that CWM will kill the phone if used on Alcatel V860 / Vodafone Smart 2, I just wanted to be sure I have 2 backup source... now I have one backup & one bricked phone that I did not even turned ON to see the menu how it looks... and 2 years Vodafone contract :confused:

hunterul7

Jun 18, 2012
Anyway, i had mine returned to the Vodafone center i bought it from, i will tell you how much they had my phone in service, but i am pretty sure by tomorrow or tuesday it will be back in my pocket :p it is pretty wierd because CWM is an app from Google play (android market) ... in my case i have no doubt that the program i used was made especially for noobs like me to use and Brick my phone :)) Again that program that bricked my phone is called : SuperRecovert NOT Superrecovery, i made a mistake the first time sry ...

Voda_Smart_2

Jun 18, 2012
Look's like my phone will also go to Vodafone service because I can't find available any info, drivers or program to flash this Alcatel V860 phone... it's to new.

hunterul7

Jun 18, 2012
Yes, it's the best solution for now ... they will solve the problem pretty fast i'm sure ... we gotta' pay more attention next time :p

bassalh123

Jun 7, 2012
Battery drain problem appear after you Root the phone or it is "feature" from new ?

Mine last about 3 days with normal use: About 1 hour with wifi on maybe playing media for few minutes + Few phone calls + few texts /1day and I always have my phone powered off at night about 7 to 8 hours and I always use 2G GSM + killing the Apps running in the back ground with Task killer.... And I have it rooted for a couple of days now. Usually the smart phones battery doesn't last so long unlike the old Nokia.
I noticed the battery capacity for this phone is only 1200mAh!!!! It is actually ok cause it's not 700mAh, but you get what you pay for in the end of the day it is a cheap phone. I knew that there is what they called Gold battery but this is for the previous Vodafone smart phones the Huawei versions with 2430mAh for something like 13pounds this can last for about one week with normal use.

Last edited:

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Parents got one of these and lot of crap on it also Volume very low

Cannot access you tube but is the root message extracting file to phone and then using file manager to run it or is it via Odin?

When rooted can the volume be increased and can Titanium be installed to remove all the crap also can the start up vodafone splash screen be removed

Thanks

bassalh123

Jun 7, 2012
Parents got one of these and lot of crap on it also Volume very low

Cannot access you tube but is the root message extracting file to phone and then using file manager to run it or is it via Odin?

When rooted can the volume be increased and can Titanium be installed to remove all the crap also can the start up vodafone splash screen be removed

Thanks
Hi Mr Irish man,
In one word Rooting android gives you access to system files. So you can uninstall pre-installed Apps like Vodafone music ... Some Apps maybe needed by the operating system so don't uninstall them!!! so be careful.
Refer to Youtube video and learn how to root your vodafone smart 2 it's under the title how to root vodafone smart 2 II

Reactions: blevinsbilly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root is solved

The root is done. I will make a Youtube tutorial whenever I have a bit of time. Promise!!!
    How to root Vodafone smart 2

The tutorial is now available on Youtube under the title How to root Vodafone Smart 2 II it's Published on 17 Jun 2012 by bassalh2025.
    XDA would NOT let me to post outside links cause I have less than 10 posts.
    To restore it Boot into recovery then choose backup & restore It's an easy process anyway. I suggest to make a backup first just in case if you have an accident like I did with Marinia ROM then it can solve the problem in the future cause as far as I know there is no ROMs available yet for Vodafone smart 2
    Hi XDA,
    Just got my self another android phone. It's Vodafone smart II 2 running Android 2.3.7. I found it hard to root using z4root or superoneclick... Anyway did somebody root this phone yet? Is there customized ROMs for this phone? I was messing with this phone and at least I found how to get into recovery ---> Volume up + Power It looks like it has Alcatel one touch hardware I think.... So help me to root this phone please Can I upgrade this to Android 4 ICS?
    14/06/2012 - Update 1: I tried the universal androot from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598"] But did NOT
    work it has been used to root Alcatel OT-981
    - Update 2: I tried the same method used to root Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N from this link http://jcyberinux.com/rjdreyes/how-to-
    root-alcatel-one-touch-glory-918n.html BUT I did NOT get anywhere
    - Update 3: I tried different superuser.zip files and tried to install from recovery BUT unsuccessful
    - Update 4: I tired to install Marina ROM for Alcatel OT990 downloaded from the following link http://xdaforums.com
    /showthread.php?t=1556460 But failed to finish the process, the result the phone would NOT reboot. So I had
    to restore it.
    Is anybody else working on this?
    Video tutorial on how to root the device.
    http://youtu.be/0LX7_Pn2j4g

Splendid! After rooting it I have already managed to update Gmail, Twitter, Facebook and OfficeSuite without wasting precious memory. I simply replaced the /custpack/app versions with the new ones, reboot, et voilá!

Thanks for the root method!