[UPDATED - 2008.12.31: Tomal v8.5] WM6.1 Pro CE OS 20764

Search This thread

mazlano27

Feb 10, 2009
shah alam
haha i read that wiki tutorial more times than i can remember... thats where i first flashed my rom... this is much easier tho just have to run the exe. while connected to active sync... no need for bootloader mode... and i found the source of the error... it was the realVGA application... i uninstalled it and all its plugins and now it works great!

Rexton270

Jun 6, 2007
3rd rock from the sun
Friends,

This is a heavy-weight build but it's a new year's gift for you guys so I believe it should be something unusual. ;-)))

The Core of WM6.1 Pro - CE OS 5.2.20764 (Build 20764.1.4.3).

Features of v8.5:

-- *IE6 Mobile
-- WkTask 1.2.0.2a (by waku) Task manager
-- Total Commander 2.51
-- Advanced Config tool v3.3 (by Schap) with custom config
-- Memory Manager / Auto hibernate
-- Network Connection Wizard (operator settings)
-- DF's Task Manager / Registry Editor 3.1
-- SD/SDHC driver switch-over tool (thanx OllieD for coding support)
-- TCPMP 0.72 (with FLV support)
-- Camera Application (Build 25626)
-- TodayAgenda 1.15 today plugin
-- Adobe Reader LE 2.5
-- Performance/overclocking applet (default 624 MHz)
-- DF's PIM Backup 2.8 (for contact, sms/mms etc. backup)
-- SynchroTime (by Grachov) for Internet time sync
-- PocketRAR 3.80 (with .zip/.rar association)
-- File-Dialog changer (for file browser enhancement)
-- Voice notification & ringtones
-- NetCF 3.5
-- Enhanced boot process management
-- System Tray
-- FingerScroll support (everywhere)
-- *MortScript (scripting support)
-- Some performance tweaks

-- *Special Diamond like black theme and home screen (using rlToday)

-- Should work on G3/G4 both devices
-- 12.5 MB Flashdisk (for G3/G4 both devices)
-- PagePool - 6 MB
-- 128 MB RAM Support (may need to set PP = 0)

Notes for Weather update:

Please set the "City code" manually (from Advanced Config tool) before doing weather update.
Explore http://weather.yahoo.com for weather code of your city.

Known Issues:

- Live counters on home screen sometimes doesn't get updated. Tap on Home icon to fix it.

Build v8.5 (special build):

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/ROMs/Tomal/TML_v85_WM61_20764.exe

Build v8.5 (standard build):

http://vidmes.com/xda/Uni/ROMs/Tomal/TML_v85_WM61_20764_ST.exe

Special thanx to:

Bepe, Mamaich, Misar, DFT team, TehPenguin and all other friends for their support in different areas.

Again, special thanx to the beta testers for their support for catching bugs.

Screenshot of v8.5

home_85.png

launcher_85.png

tasks_85.png

weather_85.png

[* Not available in Standard build. ]

Hi,just wanna say :Thanks. Your job is FANTASTIC!!!

Last edited:

Doodle

Aug 14, 2006
Pagepool setting

I will be receiving my 128mb upgraded Universal back soon, and am preparing for its new life. At the first post it says:

I have tried to find an app to set the pagepool in a ROM to 00 but have been unsuccessful sofar. Searching tells me there should be a program by tomal called pagepool00.exe, but I cannot find this. Can somebody post this or does anybody have a universal pagepool setting program that works with the UNI?

heixx1

Jul 5, 2007
Cairo
Page Pool

I will be receiving my 128mb upgraded Universal back soon, and am preparing for its new life. At the first post it says:

I have tried to find an app to set the pagepool in a ROM to 00 but have been unsuccessful sofar. Searching tells me there should be a program by tomal called pagepool00.exe, but I cannot find this. Can somebody post this or does anybody have a universal pagepool setting program that works with the UNI?

I've used the instructions in this thread post #3 and it worked perfectly:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=424250&highlight=page+pool

Cheers,
Heixx1

barmanolox

Feb 13, 2009
Mex DF
dead my wifi and SD card

hi your rom is great.
i have some problems
the first is when i turn on the wifi, in a few seconds turn off again,
the second is tha xda dont see de memory SD i tested with a 1Gb and 2GB.
Gracias
Best wishes

Alexdanx

Feb 16, 2009
Hi! First Post... and First need Help :(

I download this ROM and update the Vista Driver.

Execute the installer and the process start. Seconds pass and error appears. (error 112)

The Recovery Rom Starts but...20 minutes pass and nothing happens. The screen remains in Bootloader USB.

Something to do?
------------------------------------

Edit: Well Done. Flash successful. My VIsta fail... but i update all!

I´m go to my wife PC (with XP) and flash successfully .

Last edited:

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Hi! First Post... and First need Help :(

I download this ROM and update the Vista Driver.

Execute the installer and the process start. Seconds pass and error appears. (error 112)

The Recovery Rom Starts but...20 minutes pass and nothing happens. The screen remains in Bootloader USB.

Something to do?
------------------------------------

Edit: Well Done. Flash successful. My VIsta fail... but i update all!

I´m go to my wife PC (with XP) and flash successfully .

Welcome to the forum

reading the Wiki will save you time and help you a lot!

LET´S PUT SOME VOTES! WE ARE JUST EVEN WITH KAISER

Last edited:

CPNowell

Dec 14, 2003
Stainforth, Doncaster
Hi Tomal,

Just want to say I downloaded this ROM last night and I have to congratulate you on a superb job!:D

Just one question, there doesn't appear to be any MMS account setup in the messaging section? (or have I missed something?):confused:

Colin

ihsan777

Dec 30, 2008
plz can any1 tell me how to assign buttons in tomal 8.5 just cant get the tray to open in buttons setting and the same happens wen i try 2 open item tray in spb pocket plus item tray it just wont open plz any1 who can help me wid this coz its my tenth time i am asking the same question and no one is ever coming up wid a reply or solution

cablewalker

Nov 19, 2008
sorry this is my first post, i installed this rom and working great bust i dont seam to get videocall to work can anyone help me?

myname70

Sep 23, 2006
Sofia
Hi, i have installed the Special build and disabled therlToday item from Today. Now, I would like to add Messaging on the Today screen, but cannot find such an item in the deafult Windows theme... Any idea how to include/add the Messages/Emails in the Today screen?

phezthie

Jul 28, 2008
value of show next x days, how to change

greetings! master chef Tomal or anyone willing to help. :)
if possible, please enlighten me how to change or alter the maximum value of x (show next x days in TodayAgenda: Options)

Thanks in advance....

fcrvincent

Feb 12, 2009
External phone speaker not working

The external phone speaker of my HTC Universal is not working with Tomal 8.5; i.e. when someone is calling, the phone rings (through the audio stereo speakers) however when pressing the external green answer button the caller can hear me (mic is fine) but I cannot hear the caller through the external phone speaker; I need to open and flip the screen of the Universal first and then I can hear the caller through the internal phone speaker (the one next to the screen) (I am running Tomal 8.5 with Radio 1.18)

Has anyone experienced the same problem with Tomal 8.5 or is my external phone speaker possibly failed?

Thanks

Last edited:

fcrvincent

Feb 12, 2009
The external phone speaker of my HTC Universal is not working with Tomal 8.5; i.e. when someone is calling, the phone rings (through the audio stereo speakers) however when pressing the external green answer button the caller can hear me (mic is fine) but I cannot hear the caller through the external phone speaker; I need to open and flip the screen of the Universal first and then I can hear the caller through the internal phone speaker (the one next to the screen) (I am running Tomal 8.5 with Radio 1.18)

Has anyone experienced the same problem with Tomal 8.5 or is my external phone speaker possibly failed?

Thanks

Problem solved; it was a loose contact issue with my external phone speaker (called 'receiver' in the HTC Universal Service Manual); I disassembled the LCD housing and rubbed the receiver contact plate on the PCB with a knife then reassembled the LCD housing; this seems to have done the trick.