Nexus 10 Official Dock?

Search This thread

Ken401

Dec 26, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lmao, so true, but it might be a lapsus.

Seriously? They refer to it as the "Google LG Nexus 10", I wouldn't order anything from anyone making something for a piece of hardware that they don't even know who made.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I can understand the skepticism. FWIW MiniSuit made a similar universal BT keyboard that I love. Part of the top opens up to form a stand that nearly any tablet can rest in. I am so pleased with the feel of the keys when typing that I preordered the version for the N10, but my only reservation is that the N10 may need to be naked to fit into the slot. I usually keep the N10 in one of several thin cases which work with the universal keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007YUX1LE/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

gcq4nb

Feb 14, 2011
Rolla, MO
I have a feeling that Samsung purposely does not support the Nexus devices so you are more likely to buy their own Galaxy Line. Well in the video the Nexus 7 dock looks exactly like the one that was released, so the Nexus 10 dock is probably already floating around as a prototype but I doubt it will come out anytime soon.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I know for me I'm perfectly fine waiting a but for the official dock instead of going with that POGO cable, I dont see the use in a POGO cable without a dock. I hope they release the dock and smart case together :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
Made my own

ohih3s.jpg

Pogo Cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00B2166BS&linkCode=as2&tag=release04-20

Toshiba Dock:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B004YIFOP0&linkCode=as2&tag=release04-20

Was not as easy as it looks but works great!

Reactions: picklmn and Wisiwyg

byt3b0mb

Oct 8, 2009
Seattle
so did you just take it apart and use the pogo in place of the thrive connector? were you able to keep any of the functionality on the dock ports on the back?

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
Yeah basically. The hole for the Thrive connector was not as large so I had to open it up a bit to fit the pogo. Also had to trim the pogo cable housing as it was too large - just cut away the bottom half of the plastic housing. In terms of the ports on the back, I unsoldered any of the old connections from one of the usb plugs and soldered the wires from the pogo cable. Then just use a male to male usb cable to plug it in. The other ports are dead, but maybe once the pinout of the pogo is better known we can start using those.

I can provide step by step instructions if anyone is interested.

Reactions: byt3b0mb

hpl912

Nov 5, 2010
In my situation, I just sit the tablet upside down, and have the pogo cable going from the top. Still works nicely with my generic tablet stand (it's some folding thing for iPad).

i was thinking the same but the prob is that not all application supports upside down orientation :crying:
will need a custom dock!

Bru87tr

Nov 25, 2012
Lowell, MA
So I just got a new HP windows tablet that is 10" and it has a very nice docking/charging station that holds it very nice and it is very sturdy. It also has USB (4), Audio, HDMI, VGA and a network jack.

So how come google does not make on of these. This one is very very nice and very heavy well made.

the_boo

Oct 30, 2012
Get the app "ultimate rotation control" from play store... It has a forced auto rotate mode that will force the app to rotate with the tablet...

Free version is a 7 day trial but you can unlock the paid version for free by installing some apps for credit

You can immediately delete the apps after tho

Top Liked Posts