[Q] RED LED Light, Phone won't start up

Search This thread

Lambo_car16

Mar 6, 2014
Hi guys,

I am having some problems. Last light, my phone ran out. I charged it, and when I woke up this morning, it won't start up. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gives a RED LED light at the top. Every time I pull it out of the charger, the RED LED disappears. It is running a pre-rooted version of Android KitKat 4.4, so I guess that means it has lost warranty...
I have not tried plugging it into a PC yet.

Please help, thanks.

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Hi guys,

I am having some problems. Last light, my phone ran out. I charged it, and when I woke up this morning, it won't start up. Every time I plug it into the charger, it gives a RED LED light at the top. Every time I pull it out of the charger, the RED LED disappears. It is running a pre-rooted version of Android KitKat 4.4, so I guess that means it has lost warranty...
I have not tried plugging it into a PC yet.

Please help, thanks.

you have unlock bootloader? if yes.. then download flashtool then boot in flashmode and flash any FTF for z1 ..

Lambo_car16

Mar 6, 2014
Sounds like it's bricked. Can you get into flashmode when plugged into pc?

No, it couldn't be recognized by any programs (SONY PC COMPANION, Flashtool etc)

Very weird: a minute ago, it was charging, wouldn't boot up, still red led like before etc... And I didn't realize my laptop was on low battery and ran out, and my phone stopped charging. And the phone started up automatically after that? It had 3% battery, so it was not charging.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

No, it couldn't be recognized by any programs (SONY PC COMPANION, Flashtool etc)

Very weird: a minute ago, it was charging, wouldn't boot up, still red led like before etc... And I didn't realize my laptop was on low battery and ran out, and my phone stopped charging. And the phone started up automatically after that? It had 3% battery, so it was not charging.

The phone will not be recognized when off, when off keep pushing volume up and connect via USB to PC, it will be recognized in Flashmode and flash a new FTF 4.4 from Flashtool.

If it turned on then leave the phone under charge (Wall Charger) for at last 4 hours and check again, if it still give you problems then I will recommend to do a Factory Reset or flash a new KK and wipe everything, Data, Appslog and Cache.