Manual JB update. Soft-bricked my TF300T?

Search This thread

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
Hi ppl!

First, my device failed to get the OTA Update because I deleted some system apps (see my original post).

Then I found this post where another user restored original APKs in /system/apps and managed to manually update to JB by downloading the dlpkgfile in this post.

So I proceed, restored my /system/apps (with 755 permissions), rooted with OTA RootKeeper and SuperSU, placed the dlpkgfile and command files, restarted to fastboot (Power+Vol Down) and entered Recovery mode.

The green android with the blue progress bar went for over 10 minutes, then ... the android with the RED TRIANGLE appeared :(

After a minute or so the device restarted, an ASUS logo with a blue progress bar ran, but then it got stuck in the ASUS logo.

I'm still able to restart to fastboot (Power+Vol Down), where a message appears:

Code:
Android cardhu-user bootloader (1.00 e) released by "US_epad-10.4.2.9-20120809" A03

, and where I have 4 choices:

1. RCK: Recovery mode, when I select this the Red Triangle appears again.
2. Android: Normal android boot, gets freeze right away
3. Fastboot USB download protocol: Tried using ADB, but don't really know what it is. Here's an image of how the device appear in my Windows PC
4. Wipe Data: Already done this, seems to wipe user data, but still gets stuck on ASUS logo

Some pictures I took of my device: http://imgur.com/I13ou http://imgur.com/Jezpn

I also tried downloading .30 firmware from ASUS website and placing the Zip contents in my SD card, then booting recovery but no luck.

It's pretty awful that everything went so bad, I'm hoping there is a solution.

Anything would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks!

seshaz

Jun 7, 2012
Tucson
Google Pixel 6
Hi ppl!

First, my device failed to get the OTA Update because I deleted some system apps (see my original post).

Then I found this post where another user restored original APKs in /system/apps and managed to manually update to JB by downloading the dlpkgfile in this post.

So I proceed, restored my /system/apps (with 755 permissions), rooted with OTA RootKeeper and SuperSU, placed the dlpkgfile and command files, restarted to fastboot (Power+Vol Down) and entered Recovery mode.

The green android with the blue progress bar went for over 10 minutes, then ... the android with the RED TRIANGLE appeared :(

After a minute or so the device restarted, an ASUS logo with a blue progress bar ran, but then it got stuck in the ASUS logo.

I'm still able to restart to fastboot (Power+Vol Down), where a message appears:

Code:
Android cardhu-user bootloader (1.00 e) released by "US_epad-10.4.2.9-20120809" A03

, and where I have 4 choices:

1. RCK: Recovery mode, when I select this the Red Triangle appears again.
2. Android: Normal android boot, gets freeze right away
3. Fastboot USB download protocol: Tried using ADB, but don't really know what it is. Here's an image of how the device appear in my Windows PC
4. Wipe Data: Already done this, seems to wipe user data, but still gets stuck on ASUS logo

Some pictures I took of my device: http://imgur.com/I13ou http://imgur.com/Jezpn

I also tried downloading .30 firmware from ASUS website and placing the Zip contents in my SD card, then booting recovery but no luck.

It's pretty awful that everything went so bad, I'm hoping there is a solution.

Anything would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks!

You don't have a recovery to boot into

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
OK, I found this tutorial about flashing ASUS firmware with fastboot: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-restore-asus-transformer-tf300t-back-to-stock/

The problem is that the following commands:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system US_epad-user-9.4.3.30.zip

both produce the error: "Signature mismatch"

I guess it's becaus my fastboot is newer version, since it was actually installed during the JB update, but I'm trying to flash a older .30 firmware.

I gues I will have to wait ASUS releases the new firmware for manual flashing it.

Just guessing...

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
OK, I found this tutorial about flashing ASUS firmware with fastboot: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-restore-asus-transformer-tf300t-back-to-stock/

The problem is that the following commands:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system US_epad-user-9.4.3.30.zip

both produce the error: "Signature mismatch"

I guess it's becaus my fastboot is newer version, since it was actually installed during the JB update, but I'm trying to flash a older .30 firmware.

I gues I will have to wait ASUS releases the new firmware for manual flashing it.

Just guessing...

Thank you for posting this. I wanted to try something like this with the new boot loader that came with jb but it appears flashing the older firmware will not work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
Thank you for posting this. I wanted to try something like this with the new boot loader that came with jb but it appears flashing the older firmware will not work.

You're welcome. So, do you have a clue on how to restore my older bootloader soy I can get back to .30 stock?

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
You're welcome. So, do you have a clue on how to restore my older bootloader soy I can get back to .30 stock?

That is exactly what I'm wanting to know if it's even possible. If I can safely downgrade, I can re-root, but I'm limited on what I can do with a locked bootloader.

kindrudekid

Dec 4, 2011
Last edited:

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
Same Here!!!

Flashing the new ASUS firmware unbricked my device!!!!

Please mark this topic as SOLVED

ASUS should really make this process easier.

Thanks for all the support!

Greetings.

Last edited:

uelabs

Jun 30, 2012
soft bricked?

I dont see how this is solved......I have seen some people comment they have no fastboot or recovery,
I tried to do manual update in cwm and when I rebooted with adb all I have is asus boot logo, it also does not say I have an unlocked bootloader,
I have no fastboot no recovery no adb connect all I have is asus boot logo.......volume+-power does nothing vol down + power also does nothing.

how do you flash new firmware without adb or any type of recovery?

jeroen.wit

Aug 17, 2010
I dont see how this is solved......I have seen some people comment they have no fastboot or recovery,
I tried to do manual update in cwm and when I rebooted with adb all I have is asus boot logo, it also does not say I have an unlocked bootloader,
I have no fastboot no recovery no adb connect all I have is asus boot logo.......volume+-power does nothing vol down + power also does nothing.

how do you flash new firmware without adb or any type of recovery?

I have the same problem!!
please need help on this!!

i_need_a_name

Nov 4, 2012
It worked!

Thank you so much! I had this same problem with mine and couldn't find an answer anywhere until I found your post.

biscuits

Jul 14, 2005
hmm, I lost my tablet for nearly a month then updated CM10 when prompted having connected to my new wireless. This of course (since the Oct update) put the ROM out of kilter with the bootloader. I didn't have an old ROM on the SDCARD, and old CWM so I couldn't mount an external to get a rom on. I tried pushing a rom to the SD with adb but the drivers weren't going in right and I just couldn't get any joy. I followed this thread to fastboot the current stock JB on in the hope that it would give me a fresh start but it's hanging now at the second (glossy) ASUS logo. I really don't know where to go from here. Is it possible there was a problem with the write?

pitonsxxl

May 28, 2012
erasing the memory from the boot menu worked!

Can you tell me how you erased memory from boot menu - or maybe i understand this in different way.

I have only bootloop and it boots to CWM where i cannot mount any SD card - not internal not external.
Also Vol down + power doesnt work - there is no option to enter fastboot mode....device just bootloops and then enters CWM...
Tried to push through adb but there is no SD card to copy files. Tried different methods but cannot mount any storage...

Thanks JB update :eek:

pitonsxxl

May 28, 2012
peopole!!! new firmware is out!!!

here is a direct download link!!! US version only!!!

PS: im pushing using

[blob extracted from the above zip]
okay asus animated boot is up and i seem to successfully unbrick my device!!!!

My fastboot is working but it seems that i cannot write anything on my internal sd card.. When i run fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
My PC shows no erros - it does all the steps. But my tablet freezes and that it - it never unfreezes, i need to power it off.

But fastboot and abd commands work - like reboot or boot into bootloader.