What VPN do you use?

Search This thread

Davieco

Jan 10, 2019
Budapest
Thinking of getting a VPN for general safety/encryption and Netflix US library unlock. Could anyone suggest a good provider for this matter? I tried searching for one, but with so many choices I feel lost. :(

I'm on a tight budget, so looking only at cheaper options.

strongst

Senior Moderator - Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
HTC Raphael: Touch Pro, Fuze
Thinking of getting a VPN for general safety/encryption and Netflix US library unlock. Could anyone suggest a good provider for this matter? I tried searching for one, but with so many choices I feel lost. :(

There are some random promoted VPN from xda developers with discounts https://depot.xda-developers.com/search?cat=477&query=VPN

Also here's a list with VPN services https://www.xda-developers.com/android-vpn/

denisehilton

Dec 26, 2018
I use Opera Browser for VPN. I honestly don't see the point of purchasing a VPN software when you can simple get it for free as an add-on in the browser. Try it and thank me later.

D

Deleted member 8425317

tba

Last edited by a moderator:

psychedelicNerd

Mar 31, 2008
Windscribe FTW

I have Windscribe. Bought the lifetime subscription for it and have been using it like crazy. Both on my phone and PC to download movies/sw/music etc. The subscription came with the option to install it on 5 devices. Totally recommend it.

Short Answer: Windscribe or Proton VPN.

Windscribe is offered for free with up to 15GB/Month of bandwidth for free and it is faster than proton VPN, This is what you get with PRO:
ZGCzUlR.png

Proton VPN is offered for free with UNLIMITED bandwidth but slower speeds than Windscribe, This is what you get with PRO:
g98sOwe.png

Conclusion:
I don't like to pay for a VPN so I just use windscribe until my bandwidth is done and then I switch to Proton VPN until the end of the month and once my bandwidth is reset in windscribe I repeat the same process. If you want to pay for a VPN then I would recommend windscribe since you get more for cheaper :)

Last edited:

blinkblare

Apr 6, 2019
HideMyAss! Nice one. It's one of the largest VPN providers owned by Avast.

Jus Hola, its a pretty one and easy to use too.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Are you also open to using an RDP, if yes then I would recommend using EC2 from amazon, I once used their free trial version for one year.