STUCK- 2.05 bootloader from vzw aku 3.3 upgrade

Search This thread

cyberfreak95

Dec 9, 2006
Orlando, FL
I wanted to check out the new vzw 3.3 rom so i made the mistake of flashing it before I knew everything it changed. Now I have the 2.05 bootloader and I'm stuck.

I have seen some posts where people have successfully downgraded their bootloader so they can use the WM6 builds here. Can someone please share those steps?

I have the 2.05 bootloader and the only image that will work is the stock verizon one. I did see something about the reason it doesn't work had to do with them re-sizing the partitions on the phone, but no more detail than that.

Is it as simple as getting a copy of the older bootloader from a previous update and re-flashing over the 2.05?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

mkempton

Oct 30, 2007
Oh, no. I was just logging on to see how I can install WM6 again b/c I'm bored with the stable WM5 AKU 3.3 I got over the weekend! Looks like I'll be in the same boat. How can you tell what bootloader version you have?

Eagerly following your thread. . .

cyberfreak95

Dec 9, 2006
Orlando, FL
oh, and if you used vzw's aku 3.3 update you have the 2.05 bootloader. the only way I know of to tell what version of bootloader you have is to enter bootloader mode by pressing power, record, reset. You will need a utility from the ppc geeks website to get out of BL mode so be aware of that.