[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(NS 4G) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2857094

Having GPS issues all of a sudden. On v3.0, my GPS would lock within 5 seconds (especially after I did the *#*#GPSCLRX#*#* reset). After I upgraded to v3.2, I can't get it to lock

UPDATE: I tried re-flashing v3.2 (wiped data and all), but GPS still won't lock. I restored my v3.0 backup. No luck there either.

UPDATE #2: Had to go back to stock GB then re-root and re-flash everything. Seems to work now. Le sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:

noizy1234

Feb 20, 2012
How can I get the v6 supercharger script to work on this rom?

Sent from my Crespo4g using xda premium

Basically what happened was this: I tried sending an MMS with the stock messaging app and it would just say 'sending' and not do anything. I literally let it sit for 15 minutes or so, but nothing. SMS messages during this same period sent just fine. So I tried sending the MMS with Go SMS and the recipient revived the MMS almost instantaneously. No idea what was going on, if it happens again to me I'll try to get a logcat.

That's exactly what happened to me today (again). I'll produce a logcat next time as well, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

I had this problem a while ago on a Gingerbread rom, but not as of yet on an ICS rom until now.

My accelerometer randomly gets out of tilt, a little to the right. It's super annoying because it will flip the screen to landscape much easier and more frequently, especially when I don't want it to. Using an app called Accelerometer Sensor (ver 1.2), you can see how it's not centered when laying flat on a level surface.

Try downloading the app "GPS Status." It has tools that will calibrate your compass and well as pitch & roll.

dso0z

Dec 17, 2010
Is anyone having problems with data when roaming or with very low signal? I moved from this rom and just came back after several updates to try again...same problem. Really love the rom other than this but always roaming at work so pretty much sucks. Any suggestions?

thanks

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
i think the mms/sms issue is something to do with 4.0.4 b/c i've experienced this on at least 2 IMM76D ROM's and never had this issue on 4.0.3

Is anyone having problems with data when roaming or with very low signal? I moved from this rom and just came back after several updates to try again...same problem. Really love the rom other than this but always roaming at work so pretty much sucks. Any suggestions?

thanks

Ooooh, is the data randomly cutting out related to roaming?

darksine

Aug 18, 2007
Anyone know how to turn on the voice typing portion of the regular Android keyboard? I installed the removed addons and have the option available in settings but the mic next to the space bar no longer shows up. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Crespo4g using XDA

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
Anyone know how to turn on the voice typing portion of the regular Android keyboard? I installed the removed addons and have the option available in settings but the mic next to the space bar no longer shows up. Thanks in advance.

Download Voice Search from the market :)

darksine

Aug 18, 2007
Did that and can use the voice search and commands but the voice input mic on the keyboard doesn't show up so can't dictate emails or texts from within the opened app. the voice input option is enabled in keyboard settings too.

megazac1

Sep 3, 2010
UPDATE #2: Had to go back to stock GB then re-root and re-flash everything. Seems to work now. Le sigh...

Having GPS issues as well. I REALLY don't want to have to do this. Let's hope 3.3 fixes it.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Still can't get a lock. Tried GPS Aids, and GPS Status. No luck. Do I really have to reroot and all that jazz?

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
It's a kernel issue. Flash another kernel. The stock kernel is notorious for having gps issues on the ns4g. See Eugenes Speedy kernel thread. That is who makes this kernel unless I am mistaken. You will see a lot of this same kind of issue.

†††

Reactions: krarvind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common- ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    3.6 Released, Have fun.
    ROM Updater worked flawlessly this morning and upped me to 3.4. Wish it would have prompted me to select a download directory before dl'ing. Other than that, perfect.

its there in OTA App -> Settings, you just have to choose it.

btw guys, do hit the thanks button on updates, even if i don't post the update, find one of my posts. cheers
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.