Windows Mobile 6.5 For Treo 700wx - Update 6-5-2009

Search This thread

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
This thread will be used for the development of my 6.5 rom for the 700wx.

Let the cooking begin!

Update 6-5-2009:
I'm going to be on vacation for the next week. Please watch for new posts to this thread in case joojoobee666 makes some more progress on our little display driver issue.

Update 6-3-2009:
Ok guys, here's the scoop. After many...MANY failed ROM's, a bricked phone brought back to life (thanks to NightRaven's awesome knowledge of the 700wx for saving my test phone), lot's of tears and cries of anguish there is still no working ROM, but we have made some progress.
We finally got confirmation today that the hang on boot is being caused by the OEM ddi.dll display driver. We have tried all the ddi.dll we could find in the publicly available Carrier sanctioned ROMs, but no matter which one we use, gwes.exe hangs on boot. Today we managed to procure a copy of ddi_nop.dll (it's basically a dummy display driver) and used it in place of ddi.dll. Windows Mobile 6.5 did indeed boot, but at the cost of no display. Since there is no display, we are unable to tell what else may be wrong.

So, this is an update and a call out to anyone who is willing to help. We are looking for anyone who can:

a.) offer a ddi.dll from any Intel PXA27x based device, and preferably a msm6500 chipset as well

b.) has a NEWER 700w/700wx ddi.dll than the Sprint 1.15 ROM or VZW 1.24 ROM

c.) has the skills to debug the one we have and figure out why it hangs any gwes.exe above 20273.

I'm sure once we get past this part there will be other bugs to work out, but one hurdle down is better than the none.

Finally...PROGRESS!

Last edited:

uNiXpSyChO

Dec 1, 2008
Boston
This thread will be used for the development of my 6.5 rom for the 700wx. I am going to start by building a working emulator image, and then port it to the 700wx. I am hoping this will help me work though the issues I'm running into with the build.

Let the cooking begin!

do you have it somewhat working yet?

what are the features?

ejoshkim

May 10, 2005
This thread will be used for the development of my 6.5 rom for the 700wx. I am going to start by building a working emulator image, and then port it to the 700wx. I am hoping this will help me work though the issues I'm running into with the build.

Let the cooking begin!

Update: The emulator image is almost complete. There are issues with file attributes which are causing some problems. Right now, you are unable to change the theme, delete files, or change network settings. These are the same issue I ran into on the 6.1 rom. It should only take a few days to work through the issue. I'll post what I have finished so far.

Download - WM 6.5 Emulator Image

I am rooting HARD for you.
I've installed SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 and 2.1 for my nephew as an eye candy but they have been buggy to say the least.
I've been using the WM6.5 on my Touch Pro and my nephew really wants it in his phone.

If you can get 6.5 to work on my nephew's Treo 700wx, it will be like having a new phone all over again!

I can't wait until it is released. ETA on the release???

Last edited:

Treo911

Mar 31, 2009
So hows the cooking going NR..................I have been looking at 6.5 ...and it looks great ...ya think you can get it running on the 700 wx?????

kocoman

Jan 18, 2007
Is it possible to make the WM6.5 version have two versions? one with activesync (normal one), and one with activesync REMOVED? because the KeepAlive hack doesn't work .. I am having it conflict with the USB modem and the ##DIAG port.

Also does the WM6.5 IE 6.1 (I think) fix the graphics corruption issues when scrolling webpages with the stylus?

TIA

Last edited:

Treo911

Mar 31, 2009
Did this thread die out......or was there a fire in the kitchen.....LOL....Hoping NR ..is doing his thing.......

Treo911

Mar 31, 2009
thanks for the update NR.......will be keeping a close eye on this thread for sure......ya think you can get it to work on the 700 wx?

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
thanks for the update NR.......will be keeping a close eye on this thread for sure......ya think you can get it to work on the 700 wx?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. The 700wx seems to have enough rom and ram. However, I am still having trouble getting it to boot. I need to find a solid XIP. The search continues...

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
Anyone else here know how to cook a rom? I need more people to help with this project. I am still having trouble getting 6.5 to boot on the 700wx. It is still hanging on the welcome screen. I know the SYS and XIP are good, so I'm leaning towards it being an incompatability in the OEM.

If anyone want's to help, I'll post my kitchen as it is so far. If you can help, PM me...

Last edited: