[POOL] About the touchscreen problem

How often your phone have touchscreen problem?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
What you mean with "it fails sometimes" and "so far so good" ? Did it failed or not? Or it failed but only when you tried to reproduce?

ghostman2

Mar 12, 2012
Caxias do Sul
What you mean with "it fails sometimes" and "so far so good" ? Did it failed or not? Or it failed but only when you tried to reproduce?

When i say sometimes it fails is because i cant reproduce the problem, i tried 5 times for example but Just 3 tries i was able to reproduce it. When i say so far so good it means that is working perfectly, no problems anymore.

Sent from my C6943 using xda app-developers app

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
This problem only occurs (for me anyway) when the phone is laying on a flat surface, if it's in either of my hands then it's fine.

Strange that my last Z1 didn't have this issue, I read that lowering the pointer speed in language and input can help with the issue but it didn't for me, I suppose I'll just keep my phone in my hand if I need it.

To reproduce the error, place the phone on a surface (wood for example) then open your phone to the lock screen and use a circular motion but don't let go of the screen, if it unlocks then that's a break in contact.

Next replicate the issue while holding the phone in your hand, same circular motion on the lockscreen and it shouldn't unlock.

Make sure you don't have a case on at the time.

It's just a theory at the moment but my guess is that a particular material would be able to fix this issue if embalmed around the handset, so certain cases could actually help this issue.

I am also using a screen protector, just the one that came in the box, been put on perfectly, not a dent or bubble or blemish.

I'm running Monx's 4.3 rom with Doom kernel and my bootloader is unlocked, with a factory unlocked handset.

Last edited:

misterlouis76

Dec 28, 2012
Hi everybody!

I own a Xperia S (so you will ask why do I post in this topic for the Z1 - I'd like to buy this phone in a few weeks) and I've also this touch screen problem.. So I don't think it is Z1-related, and Z1s might be concerned (xperia s : beggining of 2012, xperia z1 mi 2013.. Bravo Sony!), but I don't hope !
@ghostman2 : So after the 3rd replacement you got a fully-working touchscreen ? That's better than nothing, but they could have fixed the problem 1st time.

I really wanted to buy this phone, but if the problem is still persisting..

ghostman2

Mar 12, 2012
Caxias do Sul
Hi everybody!

I own a Xperia S (so you will ask why do I post in this topic for the Z1 - I'd like to buy this phone in a few weeks) and I've also this touch screen problem.. So I don't think it is Z1-related, and Z1s might be concerned (xperia s : beggining of 2012, xperia z1 mi 2013.. Bravo Sony!), but I don't hope !

@ghostman2 : So after the 3rd replacement you got a fully-working touchscreen ? That's better than nothing, but they could have fixed the problem 1st time.

Yeah, now its perfect, but instead i sent my z1 to repair i tried ti change the phone but i was unlucky and got 2 problematic ones, so at the 3rd try i tested it inside the store and is all fine...

If you want to buy just test it inside the store, pick the phone and see if will appears any problems...

Reactions: misterlouis76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I have also this touchscreen issue, and I would appreciate if you give a feedback about warranty service, if sony accepted the problem and replaced a touchpanel or not, and also if the replaced touchscreen is better or not. I´m also thinking about sending it back for warranty repair.
    I have also found that my phones touch screen is temperature sensitive, when it get cold or warm it just refuses to detect touch actions. Try it yourself put the phone into cold/hot water for 5 second, take it out, quickly clean the display from water and test the touchscreen. I first tought this behavior is normal and I didn´t cared until I started to play games. After 15minutes of playing the touchscreen bug every time appears. But also after a while its randomly disappears. So this thing is strange. (the bug appears identically also when I have my phone in a plastic case)

For me the warranty worked perfectly, i changed the phone 3 times until get a working one, i called Sony, discribed my problem and they changed for me, only 2 days for the change. BUT i recorded the problem and sent to them, so they accept the change.
    Hi everybody!

Yeah, now its perfect, but instead i sent my z1 to repair i tried ti change the phone but i was unlucky and got 2 problematic ones, so at the 3rd try i tested it inside the store and is all fine...

If you want to buy just test it inside the store, pick the phone and see if will appears any problems...