Charging

Search This thread

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
I noticed today that you can use a normal micro usb charger to charge our not3. Just plug it into the right side and it works. I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else but I tried looking before posting this.
u5ehajas.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: jivankovich

rpenrod23

Jan 6, 2009
Midwest
Although it works I don't feel like it charges nearly as quickly as came that came with the phone, but it works just fine if that's your only option

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: fredgar75

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Well I have about 20 micro usb cables lying around but only one note3 cable. This way I can take a cable with me in my work truck and not be worried about messing up my main one. It seemed to charge just as fast for me.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Well I have about 20 micro usb cables lying around but only one note3 cable. This way I can take a cable with me in my work truck and not be worried about messing up my main one. It seemed to charge just as fast for me.

The one that came with it is 2 a so if you are not using one for a tablet yes it will charge a little slower. .. USB charging is where the new one really flies

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jivankovich

Sep 27, 2011
I noticed today that you can use a normal micro usb charger to charge our not3. Just plug it into the right side and it works. I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else but I tried looking before posting this.
u5ehajas.jpg

Hey nothing wrong with getting excited with a feature. I was so pumped when I figured that out.

samatagana

Feb 28, 2014
Columbia
" A USB 2.0 port is able to deliver 0.5 A of power while USB 3.0 is able to output 0.9 A. This means two things: USB 3.0 devices are able to charge faster and USB 3.0 ports can support more power-hungry devices.

Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 is the first phone in the world with a USB 3.0 port, making it ideal for comparing USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 charging speeds.

We first connected our Note 3 to a desktop computer's USB 2.0 port and recorded the time it took for the phone battery to charge from 0 to 100%. The same process was then repeated with a USB 3.0 port and a wall charger.

Charge Time

USB 2.0
7 h 48 min

USB 3.0
5 h 8 min

Wall Charger
2 h 15 min

Take-home lesson: If you're using a desktop or laptop computer to charge your devices, then USB 3.0 will save you a good chunk of waiting time. However, USB 3.0's improved charge speed still pales in comparison to a wall charger (Note 3's default wall charger is rated at 2.0 A)." -'Build Computers'

SSGAtag
"Don't believe everything you think"

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
BTW, the reason why the MicroUSB 3.0 port is backwards compatible is partially because the EU mandated that all cell phones sold in the EU have compatible chargers to reduce eWaste. Not only does the 2.0 cable charge but it will also do data connections at a slower rate.

I did not know any of that. Guess you learn something new eveyday.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Joey121215

May 9, 2010
BTW, the reason why the MicroUSB 3.0 port is backwards compatible is partially because the EU mandated that all cell phones sold in the EU have compatible chargers to reduce eWaste. Not only does the 2.0 cable charge but it will also do data connections at a slower rate.

This happened a while after the Note 3 was released though. The microUSB 3.0 cable has always been backwards compatible with 2.0. It was just a way of making things easier for consumers

Reactions: micmars

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ha!

Really!? Wow! [emoji39]

u5ehajas.jpg

Hey nothing wrong with getting excited with a feature. I was so pumped when I figured that out.

This happened a while after the Note 3 was released though. The microUSB 3.0 cable has always been backwards compatible with 2.0. It was just a way of making things easier for consumers