[MOD] HTC Flashlight, no demo at startup

Search This thread

Ruth

Jan 22, 2010
The original one works, but the patched exe doesn't.

On stock 1.66 asia WWE rom...wonder what's the problem. :(

And the original exe is in the Windows directory, replace or renamed gives the same problem.

Same here, on stock 1.66 French :eek:
I even tried with the "Policies - Allow unsigned apps" option enabled in BSB Tweaks, but still this issue.

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
Works fine on my rom, thanks a lot!

one question to NetRipper;
is the bright mode in HTC flashlight the same as the bright mode in Torchbutton?
If yes, then it is probably not recommended to use the bright mode in HTC flashlight more than a few seconds either, right?

Frostlance

Jul 4, 2007
nope doesnt work on stock 1.66 SEA rom..
got error and cant be launch :( so sad..i really wanted this

Ruth

Jan 22, 2010
You can ignore that message. Just click 'yes' to continue. (You get that message because the .exe was modified, and that's correct.)
If you want to get rid of that message forever, run this cab:
netripper.com/raphael/Default_Signed_DisableSecurity.CAB

EDIT : This cab was giving me a blue lockscreen background. Gone away after a soft reset.

Last edited:

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Sadly, I'm in the same situation and can't use it...

"the file cannot be trusted, either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found"

My HTC FlashLight is cooked in my ROM (Miri v7.0)

Hope there is a way to fix it, because I am really bored with the demo.:(

Thank you.....

aho77

Mar 26, 2007
Frankfurt am Main
If someone makes an updated .cab, let me know and I'll add it here.

I've made an updated cab, but when I try to install it, I get the message that the program cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.
But for those who want to try it, here's the file.

Update 08.03.2010:
Tried the new signed exe from NetRipper, and it works like it should, thanks dude.
Cabbed it again, here's the new file:

Last edited:

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
Works fine on my rom, thanks a lot!

one question to NetRipper;
is the bright mode in HTC flashlight the same as the bright mode in Torchbutton?
If yes, then it is probably not recommended to use the bright mode in HTC flashlight more than a few seconds either, right?
The light seems about the same yes. I'm not sure what it means. If this is an official HTC app, then that would mean it can handle the level of stress. I wouldn't turn it on for too long though.

I've made an updated cab, but when I try to install it, I get the message that the program cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.
But for those who want to try it, here's the file:
Thanks, linked to it from first post.

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
Doesn't work for me either, same error, flashlight is not cooked in my ROM but the original cab works perfectly well.
If I try to run the modified exe from a shortcut I get the same error message as the others, if I run it directly from its location in the Windows folder it just doesn't do anything, no warning, no form appearing, really nothing.

Ruth

Jan 22, 2010
My lockscreen wallpaper is ok but I now have blue background on start menu, how can i uninstall this cab?

Just change your lockscreen wallpaper again, maybe another one and then back to your original wallpaper, and do a soft reset.

Since the lockscreen wallpaper and the background one on start menu are the same, it would work (worked for me anyway).

Good luck ;)

bobbyball

Nov 11, 2009
Cambridge
Just change your lockscreen wallpaper again, maybe another one and then back to your original wallpaper, and do a soft reset.

Since the lockscreen wallpaper and the background one on start menu are the same, it would work (worked for me anyway).

Good luck ;)

Tried that, I can change the lock screen wallpaper to anything I like but is makes not difference to the start menu.

Strange, looks like a hard reset :mad:

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
Ok here's a thought. If the file was signed by HTC, and I hexedited the file, the signing would not be correct anymore. So I've signed the file with a new certificate that I just created. Can anyone test if this does work?

Here's the exe: HTCFlashlight-nodemo-signed.exe
Here's the cab with my certificate (try without installing this first): netripper_cert.cab

Just copy the .exe in the same directory as the existing HTCFlashlight.exe and try to run it (make sure you shut down the original app via some task manager first!).

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

fadytabar

Aug 17, 2008
Blue lock screen too

EDIT : This cab was giving me a blue lockscreen background. Gone away after a soft reset.

This cab gave me a blue lock screen background too and also my start/program page has the same blue background now.
Is there a way to get rid of that blue back? I've tried to soft reset but it didn't work.
I am using Miri v5.0 ROM now.

Thanks

Edit: fixed it by going to today settings and changed the appearance to "Classic Blue" then back to "HTC Black"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The HTC Flashlight app isn't bad. It looks fancy at least, and I see it's included in many ROMs, so it must do something better than TorchButton (my other baby).

Anyway, when you start HTC Flashlight, you get that annoying demo you have to wait for before you can use the app. Well, it's annoying to me at least.

Attached in the .zip is a fixed .exe in which the demo is skipped. The rest works like it does normally (light is turned on immediately at the middle setting). Just replace the original .exe with this one. If it's cooked into the ROM, you may not be able to overwrite it. Just put it somewhere else and make a shortcut then.

Btw, you can recognize if you use the modded .exe if you see FlashLight as title, instead of Flashlight (note the capital L).

Have fun.

Update march 7th
    The original app can be downloaded from this thread, first post: [CAB] HTC Flashlight
    (so after that, overwrite the exe with this one)

Update march 8th
    Updated the attached .zip with a signed version of the executable, which prevents problems to run the fixed exe on stock roms and a number of custom roms.

aho77 made an updated cab wish signed version to install the whole thing, can be downloaded from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5817414#post5817414

Also attached is the certificate used to sign the executable. You shouldn't have to install this, but I provided it just in case.