URWsoft Barebone Cleaner [v.7.0] for [TW 5.0.x ROMs] Profile based Extreme Debloat

Search This thread

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com

[FONT=&quot]URWsoft BareBone Cleaner
Features & Benefits
[/FONT]

• Free Rom choice: Choose any Samsung Touchwiz Lollipop Rom and cleans it down to a core level. This way you can choose a Rom which fits your personal liking and requirements and clean it down to your comfort level.
  • Reduced to the Max: Reduce Rom A full blown Samsung Rom comes with about 300 apps which can be brought down to about 75 core apps
  • Faster Rom: After a full clean you will have about 1.1 GB free RAM available which is about 300-400 MB more compared to a full blown Samsung Rom. This increase the performance.
  • Individual Cleaning Definitions: The BareBone Cleaner provides you with plenty of options to customize the cleaning process and make sure you prevent apps you want to keep from cleaning.
  • Compatible: Several user feedbacks confirm that the BareBone Cleaner works with odexed and deodexed as well as Samsung based Lollipop and KitKat roms on all kind of S5 variants.
  • Saved Profiles:
    • Ones you have defined your individual profile it will be saved as an editable text file on your SDcard (URWsoft folder) and next time you flash a Rom you can run this profile with the exact same settings with no additional effort.
    • You will have predefined profiles for one click cleaning available. One save Default Profile and an Extrem BareBone Cleaning Profile.
    • You can reset your profile to default setting anytime and start to define a new profile.
    • You have a Bypass option available which will keep you defined profile and just present you with a complete unselected profile. This will help you to just select one or more apps for addition cleaning or select one of the Install options
  • Multi Window Operation: On the first customization window you can select which further menus you want to enable. Only these windows will be presented.
  • Alternative Apps and Tweaks: You might want to get rid of the S5 stock keyboard, or the TouchWiz Launcher. As an alternative you can select the S6 keyboard or Nova Launcher etc. from the Install Apps menu and be able to remove the stock apps without being left with an unusable rom.
  • Rom Specifics Menu: Most of the rom chefs implement different kind of apps to their roms which are additional to the Samsung standard Rom content. In order to give you the opportunity to get rid of specific unwanted apps which I started this new section. This will grow on the go and you tell me what you would like to see here as additional cleaning options.
  • Users Selection Menu: Some users requested me to clean even more content which I either didn’t test sufficiently yet or might remove rom functionality which is required for a seamless rom operation. These requests can be found in the Users Menu. If you tested these selections please let us know your experience is with it. If everything works fine for daily use these cleanings could be easily shifted into the standard cleaning options.
  • Additional Features: The BareBone Cleaner will further grow on the go and you tell me what you would like to see here as additional cleaning options. The profiles will help already to combine a feature rich utility with ease of use and fast track profile executions.

[FONT=&quot]URWsoft BareBone Cleaner Project
I’m not a developer but I’m flashing ROMs since quite some years and today I’m experienced enough for this project.
The BareBone Cleaner is an Aroma Installer based tool which will debloat your TouchWiz Lollipop rom up to a core minimum in order to increase available ram and get rid of performance wasting apps and services which are not mandatory.
So get rid of all the Samsung crap, bloatware, the annoying “check cover” warning or other apps which you could easily add again to your personal liking from the Google Playstore.
I’m sure many of you was looking for this kind of solution in order to choose any rom fitting your personal liking.
[/FONT]

Background of this Project
The original kick-off for this project was a longer temporary absence of Edgarf28 who provides us with his awesome XtreStoLite rom. I used his rom since the very first day on my S5 and even I tried tons of other roms, for some reasons I always returned to XtreStoLite.
Therefore I started to develop the BareBone Cleaner to be able to choose any TouchWiz Lollipop rom and clean it down to the same level as Edgar is doing with his rom. Short after I decided to share my BareBone Cleaner in this thread Edgar returned and provided an updated rom version.
As I enjoy this project and got several motivating feedbacks from users who would like to clean the rom of their choice, I decided to continue the development of my BareBone Cleaner and bring it to the next level by porting the cleaner logic to a user friendly Aroma Installer. Now users can individually choose what they would like to clean and I will step by step add more options now.

The most important factors for me, beside the combination of performance and battery life is the fact the I’m able to run the original TouchWiz rom but maximum debloated to a core minimum in order to increase available ram and get rid of performance wasting apps and services which are not mandatory.

So what happens if you use my script?
The script deletes all kind of apps from your installed rom based on your selections down to a core level what is required for a stable operation. From that level you can add any desired app from the Google Playstore to satisfy your personal requirements and style.

Important notes
The BareBone Cleaner is designed to clean TouchWiz Lollipop 5.0.x roms running on the S5 G900F which are either odexed or deodexed.
Currently I’m not planning to support other rom types. I’m happy to get your feedback if you tried it successfully on other roms as well so other users can benefit from that information as well.
Best use is running the BareBone Cleaner from recovery right after flashing a new rom but you can also make use of it if you want to clean your existing installation. In this case you might experience that apps like Google maps, Youtube etc. will be gone. In this case just load them again from Google Playstore.

! Flash this Script at your own Risk !
!! - I don't take any responsibility for any Damage - !!
Create a Nandroid-Backup before flashing the script!

Here you will find my "xXx No Limits ROM" and all respective Bootloaders and Modems for G900F

In Post #166 you will find my Best Practise Guide for "Flash addicted users"

In Post #167 you will find my "Step by Step Guide for some common flash Use Case Scenarios"
In Post #234 you will find my "Guide for my Audio Boost & Quality enhancement Mod"

Download folder
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=27003
This is a fixed folder link and will provide you with a list of all available versions. Just choose your prefered version.

Change Log

v7[FONT=&quot].0[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Removed my init.d script to update the profile in the URWsoft folder and implemented new reliable profile update method.
Added new item “ANT HAL Service” under category “Miscellaneous”
Added new item “Android Setup Wizard” under category “Miscellaneous”
Added new item “S5 - Remove Check Cover Popups” under category “Miscellaneous”
Added new item “AllShare, WiFi-Direct, Screen-Mirroring, S-Beam” under category “Samsung Apps”
Added new item “Samsung Photo-Video Editing” under category “Samsung Apps”
Change the reboot option on the last page to not reboot to be compatible with FlashFire.
Fixed some cleaning options
[/FONT][/FONT]

v6[FONT=&quot].0[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Added a new category “S7 Rom Specials”
Updated and added several cleaning options in order to better support Android 6.x roms and specifically the new S7
[/FONT][/FONT]
v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bugfix – Fixed issue where Polaris viewer crashed.
New Option – added “Samsung Text-to-Speech” which was cleaned with Barebone cleaning before.
[/FONT][/FONT]
v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]7a
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Bugfix – Fixed issues with the backup app which was removed even if not selected.
New Option – added “S Finder & Quick Connect Button” removal under Miscellaneous section.
New Option – added “Android M – Bootanimation” on the “Install Apps & Tweaks” menu screen.
Update – NovaLauncher and Google Messenger are on latest version now.
New Rom Support – Full support for the “PopWiz Telstra v5.1 Marshmallow”.
[/FONT]
v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]6[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]a
New Rom Support – Full support for “SIXPERIENCE 5.1”.
Update – Google Messenger updated to latest version.
[/FONT]
v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]5[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
New Rom Support – Full support for the “Epsilon Project”.
New Rom Support – Updated support for the “S6 Revolution v3”.
New Option – added “Active Application Widget”.under “Samsung Apps” section.
Update - some Audio Mod settings
[/FONT]

v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]4[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
New Option – added “VPN System” Now you can select if you want to keep the VPN related services.
New Option – added “Polaris Viewer”.
New Feature – under “Install Apps & Tweaks” you will find the option “Audio Boost & Quality enhancements” which enhanced the compilation mod with Dolby ATMOS thanks to @worstenbrood.
[/FONT]
Guide for the Audio Boost & Quality enhancement Mod

v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.3[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Bug Fix – Wifi issues like forgetting password and connecting are solved thanks to @nip_miniw
Bug Fix – S-Voice FC fixed.
Update – Support for SIXPERIENCE 2.0
New Option – added “Sensor Calibration / Sam Test Apps” under “Optional Cleaning”. Keep all stuff to be able to enter hidden menus using “Secret Codes”.
[/FONT]

v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
New Feature – under “Install Apps & Tweaks” you will find new option “Audio Boost & Quality enhancements”
This Audio Mod will replace Sound Alive Services with DSP+ EQ by @noskojv and eXtremeBeats by @Ben Feutrill for the best audio experiences and usability.
Update – Nova Launcher updated to latest version
[/FONT]
v5[FONT=&quot].8.1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Bug Fix - Samsung Account will not be cleaned with Barebonhe Cleaning anymore [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]to ensure full Theme functionallity on S6 type roms. Cleaning this is now an option in the Samsung Apps submenu
Bug Fix: Removed "Google Webview cleaning option as this forced certain apps to fc.
[/FONT][/FONT]

v5.7[FONT=&quot]
New Rom Support – Supports Sixperience S6 Rom now.[/FONT]

v5.6[FONT=&quot]
New Rom Support – Supports Darklord S6 Rom now.
Update for latest Google Messenger version.
[/FONT]
v5.5[FONT=&quot]
New Options – If you use S6 type roms from ambasadii or scholz123 you have several new cleaning options in the “Optional Cleaning – Menu” under section “S6 Rom Specials”.
Bug Fix – Stock File Manager was always cleaned independent from selection.
Bug Fix – FC of Google Maps when “Sound Alive Service” was cleaned.
[/FONT]

v5.4[FONT=&quot]
Bug Fix – In some cases the Google Play Store closed right after starting.
New Option – Now it’s possible to exclude the Stock File Manager from cleaning.
[/FONT]

v5.3[FONT=&quot]
Bug Fix – Kids Mode was not working correctly even it was excluded from cleaning.
Bug Fix – Parts of Google TTS, Stock Video Player and SBrowser was always cleaned even it was excluded from cleaning.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]v5.2
[/FONT]
New Feature - One Hand Mode added to Optional Cleaning Menu.
Bug Fix – Weather Widget didn't work after cleaning even when unchecked to not be cleaned.
Bug Fix - Saved Profile on sdcard was not properly updated after each cleaning session.

v5.1
Bug Fix – not being able to edit saved profiles on sdcard in URWsoft soft folder is resolved after the next execution of the Barebone Cleaner.
Selection items for addition menus in main menu are highlighted in blue color now for a better overview.

v5.0.1

Complete redevelopment
Implemented saved Profiles to save individual settings and provide fast track profile executions (see info’s above under features & benefits)
Additional and more detailed cleaning options
New Rom Specifics Menu to be able to remove specific and non-stock apps as well.
New menu structure with multi window operation for better selective cleaning operation.
Fixed bug: urwsoft folder on sdcard was not recognized as a folder.

CREDITS
:good::good::good:
@amarullz for the aroma installer framework
@edgarf28 for the S6 Keyboard and System Fonts
@daxgirl for his 6thGear Extended reboot menu
@noskojv for his DSP+ audio mod
@Ben Feutrill for his eXtremeBeats™ audio mod
@klenamenis for his build.prop updater script

@worstenbrood for his Dolby ATMOS audio mod

I hope everybody else enjoys this tool as I do. :D
If you like the BareBone Cleaner don’t forget to hit “Thanks”

Last edited:

leondestiny

Jan 12, 2013
Seinegald
bravo, would this work with KK !?

and by the by look at your description for 'threat', threat bedeutet bedrohung.. mach ein 'D' dran XD haha. should be 'thread' mate .

Last edited:

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com
Good question, I need to put that in my QA section.
You can do this easily yourself by editing the update script file in the zip package with notepad++. Here you find the list of everything to be deleted. You can take out or add any other desired content to be deleted.

leondestiny

Jan 12, 2013
Seinegald
Just search for it in the update script and simply remove the delete commands for all apps you want to keep

by delete commands, you mean to delete the whole line of it yes !? i noticed some apps that arent in many Roms like the ktoon kernel or the alliance manager etc. even if you keep those in the script it is no big deal right !?

and when you delete a whole line that particular app/apk will not be deleted if it is present in the ROM that you would be using correct !?

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com
by delete commands, you mean to delete the whole line of it yes !? i noticed some apps that arent in many Roms like the ktoon kernel or the alliance manager etc. even if you keep those in the script it is no big deal right !?

and when you delete a whole line that particular app/apk will not be deleted if it is present in the ROM that you would be using correct !?

correct, just take out the whole line of the content you would like to keep in your ROM. If you find stuff which is not present in your ROM it just does nothing.

pnr2020

Jan 29, 2011
gloucestershire
Just used it and it removes to much keyboard now gone no fingerprint scanner I think it needs to be made so you can easily add or remove what you want . I know you can use notepad to edit stuff but thats not easy for some people

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com
Just used it and it removes to much keyboard now gone no fingerprint scanner I think it needs to be made so you can easily add or remove what you want . I know you can use notepad to edit stuff but thats not easy for some people

I already expected this feature request coming sooner or later. This was created for my own use but it looks like I need to make it more comfortable for the community. I will see what I can do. Probably I need to evaluate Aroma but this will take some time.

Most of the issues which was reported so far are the fingerprint scanner and the samsung keyboard to be kept. As a fast solution I will create another version which will keep these apks. This should resolve the immediate issues. As many rooted users are working with Titanium or similar tools they could feeze these apks later on when they are not wanted.

Reactions: pranaytandan

pnr2020

Jan 29, 2011
gloucestershire
I already expected this feature request coming sooner or later. This was created for my own use but it looks like I need to make it more comfortable for the community. I will see what I can do. Probably I need to evaluate Aroma but this will take some time.

Most of the issues which was reported so far are the fingerprint scanner and the samsung keyboard to be kept. As a fast solution I will create another version which will keep these apks. This should resolve the immediate issues. As many rooted users are working with Titanium or similar tools they could feeze these apks later on when they are not wanted.

Your doing a great job it's just trial and error we all appreciate your hard work this remover is just what the community need thank you for making it

Reactions: privat75 and 911Guy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[FONT=&quot]URWsoft BareBone Cleaner
    Features & Benefits
    [/FONT]

• Free Rom choice: Choose any Samsung Touchwiz Lollipop Rom and cleans it down to a core level. This way you can choose a Rom which fits your personal liking and requirements and clean it down to your comfort level.
    • Reduced to the Max: Reduce Rom A full blown Samsung Rom comes with about 300 apps which can be brought down to about 75 core apps
    • Faster Rom: After a full clean you will have about 1.1 GB free RAM available which is about 300-400 MB more compared to a full blown Samsung Rom. This increase the performance.
    • Individual Cleaning Definitions: The BareBone Cleaner provides you with plenty of options to customize the cleaning process and make sure you prevent apps you want to keep from cleaning.
    • Compatible: Several user feedbacks confirm that the BareBone Cleaner works with odexed and deodexed as well as Samsung based Lollipop and KitKat roms on all kind of S5 variants.
    • Saved Profiles:
      • Ones you have defined your individual profile it will be saved as an editable text file on your SDcard (URWsoft folder) and next time you flash a Rom you can run this profile with the exact same settings with no additional effort.
      • You will have predefined profiles for one click cleaning available. One save Default Profile and an Extrem BareBone Cleaning Profile.
      • You can reset your profile to default setting anytime and start to define a new profile.
      • You have a Bypass option available which will keep you defined profile and just present you with a complete unselected profile. This will help you to just select one or more apps for addition cleaning or select one of the Install options
    • Multi Window Operation: On the first customization window you can select which further menus you want to enable. Only these windows will be presented.
    • Alternative Apps and Tweaks: You might want to get rid of the S5 stock keyboard, or the TouchWiz Launcher. As an alternative you can select the S6 keyboard or Nova Launcher etc. from the Install Apps menu and be able to remove the stock apps without being left with an unusable rom.
    • Rom Specifics Menu: Most of the rom chefs implement different kind of apps to their roms which are additional to the Samsung standard Rom content. In order to give you the opportunity to get rid of specific unwanted apps which I started this new section. This will grow on the go and you tell me what you would like to see here as additional cleaning options.
    • Users Selection Menu: Some users requested me to clean even more content which I either didn’t test sufficiently yet or might remove rom functionality which is required for a seamless rom operation. These requests can be found in the Users Menu. If you tested these selections please let us know your experience is with it. If everything works fine for daily use these cleanings could be easily shifted into the standard cleaning options.
    • Additional Features: The BareBone Cleaner will further grow on the go and you tell me what you would like to see here as additional cleaning options. The profiles will help already to combine a feature rich utility with ease of use and fast track profile executions.

[FONT=&quot]URWsoft BareBone Cleaner Project
    I’m not a developer but I’m flashing ROMs since quite some years and today I’m experienced enough for this project.
    The BareBone Cleaner is an Aroma Installer based tool which will debloat your TouchWiz Lollipop rom up to a core minimum in order to increase available ram and get rid of performance wasting apps and services which are not mandatory.
    So get rid of all the Samsung crap, bloatware, the annoying “check cover” warning or other apps which you could easily add again to your personal liking from the Google Playstore.
    I’m sure many of you was looking for this kind of solution in order to choose any rom fitting your personal liking.
    [/FONT]

Background of this Project
    The original kick-off for this project was a longer temporary absence of Edgarf28 who provides us with his awesome XtreStoLite rom. I used his rom since the very first day on my S5 and even I tried tons of other roms, for some reasons I always returned to XtreStoLite.
    Therefore I started to develop the BareBone Cleaner to be able to choose any TouchWiz Lollipop rom and clean it down to the same level as Edgar is doing with his rom. Short after I decided to share my BareBone Cleaner in this thread Edgar returned and provided an updated rom version.
    As I enjoy this project and got several motivating feedbacks from users who would like to clean the rom of their choice, I decided to continue the development of my BareBone Cleaner and bring it to the next level by porting the cleaner logic to a user friendly Aroma Installer. Now users can individually choose what they would like to clean and I will step by step add more options now.

The most important factors for me, beside the combination of performance and battery life is the fact the I’m able to run the original TouchWiz rom but maximum debloated to a core minimum in order to increase available ram and get rid of performance wasting apps and services which are not mandatory.

So what happens if you use my script?
    The script deletes all kind of apps from your installed rom based on your selections down to a core level what is required for a stable operation. From that level you can add any desired app from the Google Playstore to satisfy your personal requirements and style.

Important notes
    The BareBone Cleaner is designed to clean TouchWiz Lollipop 5.0.x roms running on the S5 G900F which are either odexed or deodexed.
    Currently I’m not planning to support other rom types. I’m happy to get your feedback if you tried it successfully on other roms as well so other users can benefit from that information as well.
    Best use is running the BareBone Cleaner from recovery right after flashing a new rom but you can also make use of it if you want to clean your existing installation. In this case you might experience that apps like Google maps, Youtube etc. will be gone. In this case just load them again from Google Playstore.

! Flash this Script at your own Risk !
    !! - I don't take any responsibility for any Damage - !!
    Create a Nandroid-Backup before flashing the script!

Here you will find my "xXx No Limits ROM" and all respective Bootloaders and Modems for G900F

In Post #166 you will find my Best Practise Guide for "Flash addicted users"

In Post #167 you will find my "Step by Step Guide for some common flash Use Case Scenarios"
    In Post #234 you will find my "Guide for my Audio Boost & Quality enhancement Mod"

Download folder
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=27003
    This is a fixed folder link and will provide you with a list of all available versions. Just choose your prefered version.

Change Log

v7[FONT=&quot].0[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Removed my init.d script to update the profile in the URWsoft folder and implemented new reliable profile update method.
    Added new item “ANT HAL Service” under category “Miscellaneous”
    Added new item “Android Setup Wizard” under category “Miscellaneous”
    Added new item “S5 - Remove Check Cover Popups” under category “Miscellaneous”
    Added new item “AllShare, WiFi-Direct, Screen-Mirroring, S-Beam” under category “Samsung Apps”
    Added new item “Samsung Photo-Video Editing” under category “Samsung Apps”
    Change the reboot option on the last page to not reboot to be compatible with FlashFire.
    Fixed some cleaning options
    [/FONT][/FONT]

v6[FONT=&quot].0[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Added a new category “S7 Rom Specials”
    Updated and added several cleaning options in order to better support Android 6.x roms and specifically the new S7
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bugfix – Fixed issue where Polaris viewer crashed.
    New Option – added “Samsung Text-to-Speech” which was cleaned with Barebone cleaning before.
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]7a
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Bugfix – Fixed issues with the backup app which was removed even if not selected.
    New Option – added “S Finder & Quick Connect Button” removal under Miscellaneous section.
    New Option – added “Android M – Bootanimation” on the “Install Apps & Tweaks” menu screen.
    New Rom Support – Full support for the “PopWiz Telstra v5.1 Marshmallow”.
    [/FONT]
    v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]6[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]a
    New Rom Support – Full support for “SIXPERIENCE 5.1”.
    Update – Google Messenger updated to latest version.
    [/FONT]
    v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]5[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    New Rom Support – Full support for the “Epsilon Project”.
    New Rom Support – Updated support for the “S6 Revolution v3”.
    New Option – added “Active Application Widget”.under “Samsung Apps” section.
    Update - some Audio Mod settings
    [/FONT]

v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.[FONT=&quot]4[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    New Option – added “VPN System” Now you can select if you want to keep the VPN related services.
    New Option – added “Polaris Viewer”.
    New Feature – under “Install Apps & Tweaks” you will find the option “Audio Boost & Quality enhancements” which enhanced the compilation mod with Dolby ATMOS thanks to @worstenbrood.
    [/FONT]
    Guide for the Audio Boost & Quality enhancement Mod

v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9.3[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Bug Fix – Wifi issues like forgetting password and connecting are solved thanks to @nip_miniw
    Bug Fix – S-Voice FC fixed.
    Update – Support for SIXPERIENCE 2.0
    New Option – added “Sensor Calibration / Sam Test Apps” under “Optional Cleaning”. Keep all stuff to be able to enter hidden menus using “Secret Codes”.
    [/FONT]

v5[FONT=&quot].[FONT=&quot]9[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    New Feature – under “Install Apps & Tweaks” you will find new option “Audio Boost & Quality enhancements”
    This Audio Mod will replace Sound Alive Services with DSP+ EQ by @noskojv and eXtremeBeats by @Ben Feutrill for the best audio experiences and usability.
    Update – Nova Launcher updated to latest version
    [/FONT]
    v5[FONT=&quot].8.1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Bug Fix - Samsung Account will not be cleaned with Barebonhe Cleaning anymore [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]to ensure full Theme functionallity on S6 type roms. Cleaning this is now an option in the Samsung Apps submenu
    Bug Fix: Removed "Google Webview cleaning option as this forced certain apps to fc.
    [/FONT][/FONT]

v5.7[FONT=&quot]
    New Rom Support – Supports Sixperience S6 Rom now.[/FONT]

v5.6[FONT=&quot]
    New Rom Support – Supports Darklord S6 Rom now.
    Update for latest Google Messenger version.
    [/FONT]
    v5.5[FONT=&quot]
    New Options – If you use S6 type roms from ambasadii or scholz123 you have several new cleaning options in the “Optional Cleaning – Menu” under section “S6 Rom Specials”.
    Bug Fix – Stock File Manager was always cleaned independent from selection.
    Bug Fix – FC of Google Maps when “Sound Alive Service” was cleaned.
    [/FONT]

v5.4[FONT=&quot]
    Bug Fix – In some cases the Google Play Store closed right after starting.
    New Option – Now it’s possible to exclude the Stock File Manager from cleaning.
    [/FONT]

v5.3[FONT=&quot]
    Bug Fix – Kids Mode was not working correctly even it was excluded from cleaning.
    Bug Fix – Parts of Google TTS, Stock Video Player and SBrowser was always cleaned even it was excluded from cleaning.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]v5.2
    [/FONT]
    New Feature - One Hand Mode added to Optional Cleaning Menu.
    Bug Fix – Weather Widget didn't work after cleaning even when unchecked to not be cleaned.
    Bug Fix - Saved Profile on sdcard was not properly updated after each cleaning session.

v5.1
    Bug Fix – not being able to edit saved profiles on sdcard in URWsoft soft folder is resolved after the next execution of the Barebone Cleaner.
    Selection items for addition menus in main menu are highlighted in blue color now for a better overview.

v5.0.1

Complete redevelopment
    Implemented saved Profiles to save individual settings and provide fast track profile executions (see info’s above under features & benefits)
    Additional and more detailed cleaning options
    New Rom Specifics Menu to be able to remove specific and non-stock apps as well.
    New menu structure with multi window operation for better selective cleaning operation.
    Fixed bug: urwsoft folder on sdcard was not recognized as a folder.

CREDITS
    :good::good::good:
    @amarullz for the aroma installer framework
    @edgarf28 for the S6 Keyboard and System Fonts
    @daxgirl for his 6thGear Extended reboot menu
    @noskojv for his DSP+ audio mod
    @Ben Feutrill for his eXtremeBeats™ audio mod
    @klenamenis for his build.prop updater script

@worstenbrood for his Dolby ATMOS audio mod

I hope everybody else enjoys this tool as I do. :D
    If you like the BareBone Cleaner don’t forget to hit “Thanks”
    New Version 5.9.7 is available for Download
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023708812

Here are the changes:

• Bugfix – Fixed issues with the backup app which was removed even if not selected.
    • New Option – added “S Finder & Quick Connect Button” removal under Miscellaneous section.
    • New Option – added “Android M – Bootanimation” on the “Install Apps & Tweaks” menu screen.
    • Update – NovaLauncher and Google Messenger are on latest version now.
    • New Rom Support – Full support for the “PopWiz Telstra v5.1 Marshmallow” ROM.
    For all who are interested what I'm working on right now.

I'm currently completely reworking the Cleaner to be able to reposition menu items without loosing the previous stored personal profile settings. This will allow me to reorganize all menus and items so everything is presented well organized independent of what I'm adding in future versions.

Second, I add the possibility to add selection menus where only one option of many can be selected. This will allow to provide several option where only one is allowed to select. For example select between different kind of boot animations and more what I definetly need for my third project in pipeline.

Third project is providing my own ROM which will be called xXx NoLimits. This working already experimental since quite some weeks on my phone and provides a fast and stable deodexed stock rom which is combined with rhe new cleaner. This means you will be able to select every app or service you want to keep or get rid of during installation. This way you could have a full blown rom or go down to the XtreStoLite level. The good thing will be that if you need an app or service you cleaned out before you just come back to the installer, select it and all other settings are remembered by the installer. Same for each rom update. All previous selections will be remembered. Just download click flash with previous settings and everything is installed as previously selected.

Anyways, there is still some huge work to do but I think I can complete everything within the next 2-3 weeks. So be patient. I believe you will like it.
    New Version 6.0 is available for Download

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995307381

Here are the changes:

• Added a new category “S7 Rom Specials”.
    • Updated and added several cleaning options in order to better support Android 6.x roms and specifically the new S7.

PS: My S7 Edge fly’s like crazy now. (My S5 as well by the way) :D

Best Practise Guide for Flash addicted users

Best Practise Guide for "Flash addicted users"

This guide is targeted to flash addicted and rooted users having a custom recovery in place like CWM, TWRP, Phil's etc.

What’s the story?
    I know there are many other flash addicted users out there on xda like me. We flash different kind of Roms to find the best Rom for our personal taste with focus on speed, battery life, or lightness, or design, or behavior, or special tweaks, or just a Rom which provides several of these characteristics in one single Rom. :D

With this guide I want to give you an understanding how things basically work together and what’s the best strategy to save time and effort flashing new Rom versions, or just trying a different rom for a certain timeframe.

Sorry for the long explanations following now, but I believe this will let you understand the basics, the work mechanism and logics concerning this topic.

The challenge on this is, that in most cases you do a Nandroid backup, then full wipe everything and then do a clean rom flash. This process is mandatory anyway, but then you need to setup and configure everything again, which is quite time consuming.

Rumour – Apps located in the Rom are faster!?
    Your Smartphone is using one single chip for internal storage. This storage is splitted into several partitions like system, data, your internal sdcard etc. On one hand, this explains why the internal sdcard don’t provide 16GB if Samsung advertise 16GB. On the other hand, this leads to the fact, that all these partitions have exactly the same speed. There is persistent rumour that apps which are located in the Rom (system) partition will be executed faster than the apps located on the data partition where all apps from Google Play Store are located. Due to the fact it’s the same single storage chip, these rumours are definitely proven wrong. The learning from this is that it doesn’t matter whether apps are located on the system or the data partition. That’s an important learning for our strategy later in this guide.

Understanding how things gear together
    Other than MS Windows where apps and related data are completely distributed in many folder locations and the registry, Android organizes this extremely structured which provides us with the ability to separately manage system, apps and related data which are located in the System and the Data partition.

So when installing a rom (clean or update) it is flashed to the system partition only. The data partition is basically not touched during the Rom flashing process. When you reboot after a Rom flash all related data like app settings, cache etc. will be build and written to the data partition. From that point on everything you do, like setting up all your accounts at Google, Samsung, Dropbox, Email Accounts, all system settings, all kind of preference setting and all App installs including the related data and settings will be stored to the data partition.

What does these facts help us for a most efficient flashing experience?
    Very easy, ones we have completed a full setup with all preferred apps and settings everything is located on the data partition now. Running a Nandroid Backup from the data (or all partitions) will provide you with the ability to always come back to the exact same setup, independent from the TW Rom you decided for. It even doesn’t matter if the Rom is odexed or deodexed.

Flashing a new rom, you do an advanced wipe of the system, dalvik cache and cache. Then you flash your selected Rom, restart and here you go! You made a clean install of the new Rom and everything is still as you configured it before, except you are working with a different Rom base now.

You don’t have to completely setup and configure everything all over again from scratch if you perform a full Rom wipe.

But wait a minute, I’m missing apps now!
    This strategy don’t work for all cases. For example if you did the complete setup and configuration of your device choosing a full blown Rom and now try a different Rom which doesn’t include some of the apps, these apps are not available anymore now.

Here is how to avoid this. The best you can do is to make sure that all apps you are usually using are not in the Rom but in your data partition. Of course this won’t work for all apps as some are only available inside the Rom, but most apps can usually be obtained on Google Play Store or even custom installed.

So the best strategy would be to choose a Rom which is as light as possible (debloated) and only provide the base system and all services and apps basically needed. Everything else will be in our data partition anyway and will be constantly maintained.

Now, how to find a Rom which is fitting to this strategy?
    As you might want to use a Rom which will give you certain features like a customized system ui, special themes, unique animations, speed improvements, battery tweaks or whatever attracts you most. Unfortunately, the Rom you found is bloated with apps you definitely don’t want to have as they eat performance and battery and clutter your phone.

This is what the Barebone Cleaner can help you with. After flashing the desired Rom you run the Barebone Cleaner and clean the Rom (system partition) down to a level that only apps are remaining which you don’t already maintain in your data partition.

This way you will always have the latest and greatest Rom and don’t have to setup and reinstall everything from the beginning. I’m following this strategy since Lollipop appeared. So since end of last year I upgraded to all new firmware releases from Samsung and evaluated different kind of TW Roms. Still my Phone is working like a charm and I’m still on the same data partition.

For the Step by Step Guide for some common Use Case Scenarios please refer to the following post
    If you want to learn more about the BareBone Cleaner go back to Post #1