[13 Feb][DL DesireHD ARA][DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0][1.84.661][Nand/SD/MAGLAR all in one]

Search This thread

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore

Hi all, I have managed to merge the code and develop a new function to upgrade all the build using one update package in the future.

Thus, I intend to merge all the Nand version into this thread
All the SD&MAGLDR version into this thread, which will also easy for me to take care of the builds. thanks.

Let a figure come to speak first

screenshot1pq.jpg

Uploaded by viperd using DL Desire Z v3.5, DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0

Since the DL Desire ARA v1.1 was disclosed in this thread, in order not to cause more confusion, have to release it before my plan.
v2.0 is based on Desire HD 1.72, and themed similar to Coredroid. :D
v1.0 is based on Desire HD 1.84, pure stock version, and actually, the base is much newer and advance than v2.0
Btw, my focus is still on desire z, if you want prompt support or have problem with this build, suggest you try rafpigna or markinus or imilka's, they are all excellent dhd builds.
If you have problem, please post to my test place or ask my testers, I may not be able to visit this thread frequently.

to my testers, I don't mind you disclose my test place to others as long as they are kind enough. :D

Features:
All my new builds have the following features:
1. All in one package, can be flashed to Nand or boot from SD or Load from Magldr.
2. All the build is squashed, once set the swap_mode=2, can delete the squashed.sqsh file from /system to release 160M space from system, but you must keep the swap_mode=2 untouched.
3. All the build can use Update_DL to update or change anything you want.
4. Equipped with DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0 developed by myself and freak, with following features:

-- auto detect and make use of your 2nd and 3rd partitions with high performance
-- auto convert the system.img to system.ext2 for SD/MAGLDR
-- auto partitioning your SD Card once set the format_ext4=9 (need test).
-- format 2nd partition with proper block size of ext4 with format_ext4=1, which is used for data partition
-- change ppp/rmnet with ppp_mode=0 or 1.
-- set you gps zone with gps_zone="your country code"
-- can use Update_DL to update system incrementally, all the Update_DL plugin I previous published(backup/restore, secue) is still applicable
-- the backup/restore can backup and then restore your whole system including: settings, sms, email, etc, you even can use this to migrate your data.img to ext4(set data_img=1 to use data.img and do the backup, and then set the data_img=0 to use the ext4 and do the restore.)
-- once you encounter the boot loop and FC, you can use the rescue plugin to rescue your system.
-- we are now testing the next version of our Data2SD/Ext4 which is more intelligent, can even detect where the system is loaded from(nand, magldr or sd), and your mobile type(EU modal or Tmous) to choose the best settings automatically.
Actually, many builds in this forum adopt part or full of our initrd to provide the high performance ext4 support.

DL DesireDH v1.0 ARA Series
1. Based on the official HTC ACE 1.83.415.4 RUU ARA, specific for Arabic, Stock version.
2. Also equipped with DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0.

DL DesireDH v1.0 Series
1. Based on the newest Desire HD 1.84.661.1 RUU, Stock version.
2. the new version of DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0
3. use gpc kernel which can easily be changed to any other kernel by using the Update_DL[/SIZE]

DL DesireDH v2.0 Series
1. Based on the very popular Desire HD 1.72.405.3 RUU, Themed similar to Coredriod.
3. For ppl like theme, should try this version.

Download

How to install
For Nand:
just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, flash.
change the config.txt.nand to config.txt and modify the config in it.

For SD/MAGLDR:
just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, answer yes when ask for overwrite.
change the config.txt.sd to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Nand)
or change the config.txt.magldr to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Magldr)
If you encounter mobile data issue, please check here

The first boot will take a very long time, especially for SD/MAGLDR due to system will convert the system.img to system.ext2, need 10-20 mins depends on the speed of your SDCard.

After the install, please reboot your system at lease twice to let the system settle down.

Suggestion changing the kernel to gpc if you encounter any issue.

How to upgrade or change kernel or customize the system
1. more kernel can be found here,
--a. For Nand, just extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, boot twice.
--b. For SD, extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, and copy the zImage file from /Update_DL/update/kernel_files to Desire_DL, boot.
--c. You can also use the same kernel package, but replace the kernel file with your own under /Update_DL/update/kernel_files. (for SD/Magldr version, the zImage file should be put under Desire_DL)

2. for system upgrade or bugfix, extract the Update_DL folder from a update package to the root of your sdcard, reboot.

3. if you intend to replace any file from the system, use rootexplorer to delete the target file first, then put the file to /Update_DL/root/system..., e.g, if you want to change the framework.res, just delete the origin file from /system/framework, then, put your own file under /Update_DL/root/system/framework, boot.

Plugin for DL Desire Series

How to load from MAGLDR
1. Press the power button during reboot
2. Select "Services" from MAGLDR menu
3. Select BootSettings
4. Select AD SD Dir
5. Choose the Desire~1
6. Back to the Boot from AD SD.

Useful info

DL Desire Series

Last edited:

Nimpattana

Aug 14, 2005
Thank you very much, downloading...

Will reply the result after complete tested.

Any screenshot will be appreciated...

Last edited:

paocavallo

Apr 17, 2009
London
upgrade procedure

Hallo, master!
firts of all many thanks for your big and amazing work!
sorry for the stupid question, but if I have installed your DL DesireZ v.3.4, now may just put into the sd root the DL DesireHD Update_DL folder?
and the other folder zipped in (called Desire_DL)??

kajos

Dec 5, 2009
Niedersachsen
I'v tested the 1.1 now, and there is stil no mobil-data by me
wifi and all other, I tested runs best.

I started from WinMob in the normal way

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
Haha, I never think of ppl want so many builds, so unfortunately, you can only run one of my build at one time and rename the other. :D

Hallo, master!
firts of all many thanks for your
big and amazing work!
sorry for the stupid question, but if I have installed your DL DesireZ v.3.4, now may just put into the sd root the DL DesireHD Update_DL folder?
and the other folder zipped in (called Desire_DL)??

Sent from my DL DesireHD v2.0 internal using XDA App

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
I put another mobile data fix in the desire z v3.5 upgrade package under Desire_DL folder, I believe it should be able to solve this issue.

Reactions: kajos

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
How long is this very long time ? I wait for 2h now, and nothing happens....

oh... can't be that long, should not more than 15min, maybe you will have to check your SDCard.

or just remove the battery and reload it again.

If still have problem, delete the system.ext2 in the Desire_DL and let system regenerate it.

freemini

Oct 16, 2009
Oslo
OnePlus 8 Pro
Are there any major differences between this and DesireZ? Obviously this won't rotate at the homescreen(which I like) but what about other things?
Forget it, I'm gonna try it anyways ;) I'm also trying the new format_ext4=9. I'm using a 2GB SD card, I'm curious to see how well/bad it works. I'm gonna wait about 20 minutes for the boot, if it doesn't finish then I'm rebooting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all, I have managed to merge the code and develop a new function to upgrade all the build using one update package in the future.

Thus, I intend to merge all the Nand version into this thread
    All the SD&MAGLDR version into this thread, which will also easy for me to take care of the builds. thanks.

Let a figure come to speak first

screenshot1pq.jpg

Uploaded by viperd using DL Desire Z v3.5, DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0

Since the DL Desire ARA v1.1 was disclosed in this thread, in order not to cause more confusion, have to release it before my plan.
    v2.0 is based on Desire HD 1.72, and themed similar to Coredroid. :D
    v1.0 is based on Desire HD 1.84, pure stock version, and actually, the base is much newer and advance than v2.0
    Btw, my focus is still on desire z, if you want prompt support or have problem with this build, suggest you try rafpigna or markinus or imilka's, they are all excellent dhd builds.
    If you have problem, please post to my test place or ask my testers, I may not be able to visit this thread frequently.

to my testers, I don't mind you disclose my test place to others as long as they are kind enough. :D

Features:
    All my new builds have the following features:
    1. All in one package, can be flashed to Nand or boot from SD or Load from Magldr.
    2. All the build is squashed, once set the swap_mode=2, can delete the squashed.sqsh file from /system to release 160M space from system, but you must keep the swap_mode=2 untouched.
    3. All the build can use Update_DL to update or change anything you want.
    4. Equipped with DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0 developed by myself and freak, with following features:

-- auto detect and make use of your 2nd and 3rd partitions with high performance
    -- auto convert the system.img to system.ext2 for SD/MAGLDR
    -- auto partitioning your SD Card once set the format_ext4=9 (need test).
    -- format 2nd partition with proper block size of ext4 with format_ext4=1, which is used for data partition
    -- change ppp/rmnet with ppp_mode=0 or 1.
    -- set you gps zone with gps_zone="your country code"
    -- can use Update_DL to update system incrementally, all the Update_DL plugin I previous published(backup/restore, secue) is still applicable
    -- the backup/restore can backup and then restore your whole system including: settings, sms, email, etc, you even can use this to migrate your data.img to ext4(set data_img=1 to use data.img and do the backup, and then set the data_img=0 to use the ext4 and do the restore.)
    -- once you encounter the boot loop and FC, you can use the rescue plugin to rescue your system.
    -- we are now testing the next version of our Data2SD/Ext4 which is more intelligent, can even detect where the system is loaded from(nand, magldr or sd), and your mobile type(EU modal or Tmous) to choose the best settings automatically.
    Actually, many builds in this forum adopt part or full of our initrd to provide the high performance ext4 support.

DL DesireDH v1.0 ARA Series
    1. Based on the official HTC ACE 1.83.415.4 RUU ARA, specific for Arabic, Stock version.

DL DesireDH v1.0 Series
    1. Based on the newest Desire HD 1.84.661.1 RUU, Stock version.
    2. the new version of DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0
    3. use gpc kernel which can easily be changed to any other kernel by using the Update_DL[/SIZE]

DL DesireDH v2.0 Series
    1. Based on the very popular Desire HD 1.72.405.3 RUU, Themed similar to Coredriod.
    3. For ppl like theme, should try this version.

Download

How to install
    For Nand:
    just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, flash.
    change the config.txt.nand to config.txt and modify the config in it.

For SD/MAGLDR:
    just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, answer yes when ask for overwrite.
    change the config.txt.sd to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Nand)
    or change the config.txt.magldr to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Magldr)
    If you encounter mobile data issue, please check here

The first boot will take a very long time, especially for SD/MAGLDR due to system will convert the system.img to system.ext2, need 10-20 mins depends on the speed of your SDCard.

After the install, please reboot your system at lease twice to let the system settle down.

Suggestion changing the kernel to gpc if you encounter any issue.

How to upgrade or change kernel or customize the system
    1. more kernel can be found here,
    --a. For Nand, just extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, boot twice.
    --b. For SD, extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, and copy the zImage file from /Update_DL/update/kernel_files to Desire_DL, boot.
    --c. You can also use the same kernel package, but replace the kernel file with your own under /Update_DL/update/kernel_files. (for SD/Magldr version, the zImage file should be put under Desire_DL)

2. for system upgrade or bugfix, extract the Update_DL folder from a update package to the root of your sdcard, reboot.

3. if you intend to replace any file from the system, use rootexplorer to delete the target file first, then put the file to /Update_DL/root/system..., e.g, if you want to change the framework.res, just delete the origin file from /system/framework, then, put your own file under /Update_DL/root/system/framework, boot.

Plugin for DL Desire Series

How to load from MAGLDR
    1. Press the power button during reboot
    2. Select "Services" from MAGLDR menu
    3. Select BootSettings
    4. Select AD SD Dir
    5. Choose the Desire~1
    6. Back to the Boot from AD SD.

Useful info

DL Desire Series
    I have create a new fix here which will roll back all the rmnet settings to ppp only. after this fix, the ppp_mode is useless anymore as the system will choose the ppp mode only.

but anyway, this is what we did before, and I believe this will solve all my SD builds the data issues throughly.

btw, after this patch, the SD build must use the kernel with ppp enabled, all the kernels published in nand version may not be usable. my recommendation is: use the kernel within the fix which is tytung_r2. or hastarin 8.6 but it can not support ext4.
    I put another mobile data fix in the desire z v3.5 upgrade package under Desire_DL folder, I believe it should be able to solve this issue.

This HD rom's faster

I have a small question.

I remember when Desire Z build was released, in first post said "Same as Desire HD but without the whatnot, so faster"

I'm just asking why should people try the Desire HD when Desire Z is the same without the buggy extra stuff.

I'm just asking as want to know what differenciates this build than the Desire Z build :)

want to learn :)
    Yo bro, let's not kidd ourselves. This rom is faster and smoother than DesireZ in my opinion. For me, DesireZ somewhat lags behind in terms of overall performance. Everything is just FASter. Also, I've got quadrants of 3000+ using this build as opposed to the 2700s with DesireZ. I'll post screenshots when I have time. It's really a whole lot smoother for me. And the font size suits me better as well. (p.s. font size is much smaller, less scrolling up and down) xD

I still like DesireZ, but I might just change to this build. :)
    OY YoY YOOOOOO Thanks dandiest finally data connection woooork:);):D
    Gray But woooooooork:D
    ARA 1.1

what about camera????