[ROM] OFFICIAL FROYO 2.2 Rogers/Fido Release

Search This thread

aleunge

Aug 11, 2007
Like the title says, the official Froyo update is finally released! It can be downloaded straight from acer.ca under "Service & Support" and in the "Download Center". Just find our Liquid support page and click the "OS" tab and then choose "Froyo 2.2" under the drop down menu. Apparently you need the stock ROM to use the updates... but if you wait a bit and let the dust settle over at MoDaCo, you can do this on any ROM soon (seems like you already can but better wait for more confirmations from testers)

kidoucorp

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 24, 2009
Be warned that users who aren't on FIDO/Roger's network will have their phone simlocked, without any solution to sim-unlock

kidoucorp

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 24, 2009
Have seen a lot of people saying it doesn't work, but it was some time ago, so maybe now it's working, but take care !

kidoucorp

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 24, 2009
Yes, it would lock it again.

The ebay link would not work, as you IMEI won't be a ROGER'S one, so they won't be able to unlock your device. (Not totally sure about this, but pretty sure)

split2th

Nov 19, 2010
Toronto
Supposedly, it's older (Oct 5) than the most recent leak from Nov.. but more refined, a real official ROM vs. a leak after all. Reported snappier, better battery, and more stable.

Versions with less bloatware and porting for the A1 are now available:

The fido rom on that thread has a build date of Oct, 30. Same date as the latest leak. Check it out. It's the one I'll be using.

Sorry I couldn't repost the link, because I'm new here. First page on this thread.

split2th

Nov 19, 2010
Toronto
Be warned that users who aren't on FIDO/Roger's network will have their phone simlocked, without any solution to sim-unlock

Someone mentioned: "just find acerril.conf in /etc and change it to 0 from 1"

All three of the roms on modaco are already sim unlocked. Have been changed from 1 to 0. Check it out for yourself. I haven't heard of anyone locking there phone with the modaco roms. If you use the acer roms, consider your phone locked. A few people have done that I'm sure.

kidoucorp

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 24, 2009
Yes for the modaco's rom, but not everybody is aware of it or differences between official acer's roms and modaco's rom.

And there were a lot of thread "Help phone simlocked" after a post appeared on modaco about theses roms.

Rom's from alan090 seems to be good by the way (the modaco's one your're talking about), but I prefer to warn new users.