[INDEX] Google Chromecast [06 Feb 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

otto888

Posting this here as this is a stupid way of making a "recovery", but its something. I ran the Chromecast Recovery image through koush's CWM recovery builder, and this is what came out. Haven't personally tested it due to time, but it removed a good bit of data, I'm guessing it won't work. You're welcome to try though.
Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead TVs, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you and give you a fluffy pony.
 */
Bulder Recovery
Original Recovery

Reactions: benkxda

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Perhaps you wanna add a link to the apk as well for all us foreigners importing the Chromecast. :) It was posted in this thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2378257

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Another useful link, Chromecast software update announcements/changelogs: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.ca/search/label/Chromecast Update?m=1

Thanks, added. You're right, for foreigners, it's the only possible source. For me (still no Chromecast available), I can find the app in the Play Store, even it is not listed, if you search for Google Inc. apps, but it tells me, none of my devices is compatible. So thanks for this hint.

Posting this here as this is a stupid way of making a "recovery", but its something. I ran the Chromecast Recovery image through koush's CWM recovery builder, and this is what came out. Haven't personally tested it due to time, but it removed a good bit of data, I'm guessing it won't work. You're welcome to try though.
Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead TVs, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you and give you a fluffy pony.
 */
Bulder Recovery
Original Recovery

Well, would like to see a recovery and starting from this, maybe there is much more possible. Maybe you start a thread about it? :)

Mudwiggle

Oct 20, 2011
The rest of the world

Does anyone know if there are any dates for rolling these out to Australasia?

logitechor

Sep 29, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 6
One thing I was able to do was cast through my Nexus 4 to the computer using Splashtop2 to connect to the computer and cast using it's Chrome Browser. Though it works it is slow.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

shirwa

Aug 17, 2013
Saint Paul
I am loving my chrome cast as well. I might actually start developing apps for it very soon! Its kinda weird its called Chrome Cast, but runs purely on Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts