Search This thread

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
Hi,
my friend dropped his Galaxy Nexus on the floor and broke the screen (glass and display). But the phone seems to be working, since it gives the vibration and a little sound when turned on and off. When connected to the PC the storage is displayed correctly (all the photos are there). The problem is when i stick the SIM and when i try to call it fails to receive the call, but afterward you can see the LED notification blinking the white color about every 7 secs.
Since i cannot return for warranty because it was dropped, now im looking to buy the display. Prices seem a bit high...
The question that I've got is this: Is it worth to Change the Display? Can I be sure that the phone will eventually work?
It concerns me the fact that maybe something else is damaged.
Any help or thought is appreciated.
Many thanks.

PS: My friend is a Noob when talking about phones and he didnt know whether it was on 4.0.4 or 4.2.1

mimmesmo

Jul 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Nexus repair how to

Hi. Only to comment: My Galaxy Nexus bought on the Google Play store started freezing after 9 months... typical intermittent problem.

I had a hard time to find how to create a ticket request to have the Galaxy Nexus repaired.

This is the web page with information:
CAN"T POST LINKS!!! www[dot]samsung[dot]com[slash]us[slash]support[slash]service[slash]warranty[slash]GT-I9250M

I called the Samsung Android phones repair center (at midnight PDT) and got the ticket number, service repair approval. They sent me the regular mail label and I sent it. Now I'm waiting for the repaired phone.

Good luck.

MMRM

Top Liked Posts