[SCRIPT - 2/7/11] NookColor Auto Config (Windows) 1.0.0, 1.0.1 & 1.1.0

Search This thread

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Shout out to Mistar Muffin for his script for other OS's. I've added my knowledge of DOS and some extra stuff. Enjoy guys it works perfectly. I've tested this thing fully it works....again it works. Run it over your messed up Nook and it should fix it. LOL, hopefully!

Prerequisites; Super user and adb working or auto-nookered! Enjoy :) I've tested this on Nooks DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX and with Nooks that have been partially modded.

Recommendations? Yea if you don't like the fact that I edited the volume buttons I've taken it out of the autonook.bat and added it to a separate batch file.

Features 1.0.0:
Code:
* Creates .Android Folder & adb_usb.ini *
* Installs Busybox *
* Updates settings.db *
* Disables OTA Updates *
* Enables Multitouch In Apps *
* Converts Volume Buttons (Back, Menu) *
* Installs Live Wallpapers *
* Installs Email *
* Enables Location Service *
* Installs YouTube! *
* Installs DroidX Keyboard *
* Replaces Boot Animation with DroidX *
* Installs Framework and Gapps *
* Modifies system fingerprint *
* Modifies packages.xml *
* Fixes Permissions *
* Installs Applications *
- REBOOTS NOOK COLOR -
* Fixes Broken YouTube *

Features 1.0.1:
Code:
* Fixes YouTube just incase its broken *
* Updates settings.db *
* Uninstalls Softkeys & Installs Launcher Pro *

Features 1.1.0:
Code:
* Installs SQLite3 *
* Blocks Future B&N Updates *

Things to do:
Update Android Market

Download:
Auto Configure Script 1.0.0
Auto Configure Script 1.0.1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGCZAHNP

P.S - If you break your Nook I'm not going to take any responsibility. This will not format your system32 or deltree your windows folder...just enjoy!

Need to get back to stock?
WARNING: Make sure your battery is CHARGED before attempting!

Code:
adb pull /rom/devconf/BootCnt
echo -n -e "\x08\x00\x00\x00" > BootCnt
adb push .\BootCnt /rom/devconf/BootCnt
adb reboot
There is a batch file that runs the above code included its called (factoryreset.bat)

This will set the boot count to 8 and reboot your device sending it into Factory Reset mode. Once your factory reset is complete you can force shutdown (by holding power for 15 seconds) and hold then hold the "n" button and "Volume +" while powering the unit on to reset your data. After this is done its like you just pulled the nook out of the box for the first time.

Remove your SD Card and turn on your Nook Color, register your device and plug in the USB cord. Go DOWNLOAD the 1.0.1 update and save it to your "MYNOOKCOLOR" drive's root folder. Reboot your device should start to update your nook to 1.0.1!

Now that your Nook Color is on 1.0.1 firmware you want to root it with Auto-Nooter you can follow this thread to do so.

Enjoy

Last edited:

donballz

Aug 26, 2010
Didn't need the whole script, but I modded my volume buttons with your files and code. Thats a great feature. Thanks!

Last edited:

webvan

May 20, 2008
A...colorful post ;-)

"DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX" so it works on...unrooted Nooks ?

After two spontaneous resets yesterday I'm ready to try anything at this point, especially since I can't get mine to update to 1.01 with the manual method...

...which raises the question, does this work with 1.01 ?

webvan

May 20, 2008
1. "DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX" - no, still needs nooter for ADB, makes sense
2. Does not work with 1.01+nooter - it hangs on boot at the Adobe screen, like the original script and autonooter I understand.
Will have to do it the manual way or maybe keep some of the automation, must say the script is well documented ;-)

So I did the 8 finger salute and it flashed itself to...1.0.0 ! So after clearing the memory I am now running the script, currently installing the apps...

Seems to have worked pretty well, I did have a problem with the menu button not working until YouTube got fixed by the script, so I got around that problem by commenting on a video at which point it asked me for my log in info.

Now updating to Maps 5.00!

Hopefully the OTA killing in the script will prevent an update to 1.01...

Last edited:

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
I'll look into the map 5 app Maybe marketplace then download from /data/app. I'll get it when I get a change. I wonder if the reason why this doesnt workon 1.0.1 is because of my change of the bootanamation. If anyone would like to run this on 1.0.1 with out my boot animation change that would be fanstastic. I know alot of you guys are younger then me but I have to go xmas shopping with the woman :)

:edit

Also might be a problem with the framework but I replace the framework package with the hacked one on the main 1.0.1 so I dont know what could be the problem.

Last edited:

monsterpt

Dec 30, 2008
Does Flash for 2.1 actually work with this device? I tried loading the Flash for Eclair devices a couple days ago and it would load but no flash activity.

Thanks for the hard work.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Probably not I added it cause I saw it here. I'll remove it on mine and in the next version. Unless you find a working one. I think Java is needed for Flash to work.

gormly

Oct 10, 2007
I wondered why there was so much unnecessary swearing in the original post and then I saw "Xbox" in his name...

Fits... :D

Reactions: xboxexpert

webvan

May 20, 2008
Been stable since last night, more than I can say of my experiences with Autonooter (spontaneous hardresets at random), but I'm not getting WiFi location in Maps, something I had with Autonooter, anyone know how to enable this ? The location boxes were checked in the wizard.

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Been stable since last night, more than I can say of my experiences with Autonooter (spontaneous hardresets at random), but I'm not getting WiFi location in Maps, something I had with Autonooter, anyone know how to enable this ? The location boxes were checked in the wizard.
Me3 :confused: This was my main reason for re-rooting..

Last edited:

webvan

May 20, 2008
Yes, Auto-Nooter must be doing something the scripts aren't doing, not sure whether it can be done manually via ADB...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shout out to Mistar Muffin for his script for other OS's. I've added my knowledge of DOS and some extra stuff. Enjoy guys it works perfectly. I've tested this thing fully it works....again it works. Run it over your messed up Nook and it should fix it. LOL, hopefully!

Prerequisites; Super user and adb working or auto-nookered! Enjoy :) I've tested this on Nooks DIRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX and with Nooks that have been partially modded.

Recommendations? Yea if you don't like the fact that I edited the volume buttons I've taken it out of the autonook.bat and added it to a separate batch file.

Features 1.0.0:
    Code:
    * Installs Busybox *
    * Updates settings.db *
    * Disables OTA Updates *
    * Enables Multitouch In Apps *
    * Installs Live Wallpapers *
    * Installs Email *
    * Enables Location Service *
    * Installs YouTube! *
    * Installs DroidX Keyboard *
    * Installs Framework and Gapps *
    * Modifies system fingerprint *
    * Modifies packages.xml *
    * Fixes Permissions *
    - REBOOTS NOOK COLOR -
    * Fixes Broken YouTube *

Features 1.0.1:
    Code:
    * Updates settings.db *

Features 1.1.0:
    Code:
    * Installs SQLite3 *
    * Blocks Future B&N Updates *

Things to do:
    Update Android Market

Download:
    Auto Configure Script 1.0.0
    Auto Configure Script 1.0.1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGCZAHNP

P.S - If you break your Nook I'm not going to take any responsibility. This will not format your system32 or deltree your windows folder...just enjoy!

Need to get back to stock?
    WARNING: Make sure your battery is CHARGED before attempting!

Code:
    adb pull /rom/devconf/BootCnt
    echo -n -e "\x08\x00\x00\x00" > BootCnt
    adb push .\BootCnt /rom/devconf/BootCnt
    adb reboot
    There is a batch file that runs the above code included its called (factoryreset.bat)

This will set the boot count to 8 and reboot your device sending it into Factory Reset mode. Once your factory reset is complete you can force shutdown (by holding power for 15 seconds) and hold then hold the "n" button and "Volume +" while powering the unit on to reset your data. After this is done its like you just pulled the nook out of the box for the first time.

Remove your SD Card and turn on your Nook Color, register your device and plug in the USB cord. Go DOWNLOAD the 1.0.1 update and save it to your "MYNOOKCOLOR" drive's root folder. Reboot your device should start to update your nook to 1.0.1!

Now that your Nook Color is on 1.0.1 firmware you want to root it with Auto-Nooter you can follow this thread to do so.

Enjoy
    I kept getting an error and the NC would keep rebooting to an automatic data wipe if I tried to run the BN store. After 4 re-root processes, I finally found out what the cause was.

Disabling the OTA update seems to cause the authentication error if you try to launch the BN store.

I removed the below from your script, and it no longer causes the data wipe caused by the authentication error.

echo *************************
    echo * Disabling OTA Updates *
    echo *************************
    adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
    adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES
    echo Success
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL

I tested with 1.0, updated to 1.01, auto nooter, then auto-config.

EDIT: This post seems to be quoted a few times, but this is not the case. I later discovered that the reason for resets/authorization errors was due to using Titanium to recover data + apps. If you recover data associated with BN Apps, it causes the authorization error.
    should work on 1.0.1, any testers?

Nope, like I said above it doesn't, fortunately a "factory reset" took my NC back to 1.0.0 so I was able to run it and no "spontaneous resets" so far, must have been something in Autonooter.

Not sure how to get the MAP 5 apk, would Titanium do that ?
    Girlfriend is wrapping some gifts I'm going to update the 1.0.0 version with new google maps 5.0 and I'm going to remove the 1.0.1 for now until I test fully
    Should i start from scratch again or just run this over my currently "auto-configed" nook? I used your previous before you saw problems.

If your working good you should be good. If your market is working dont bother messing around.