[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Amaze 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Can s off or this tool brick our phones? Lots of people are saying this, not that I'm against that, just asking

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

The tool itself wont, which is y they are testing first, so that we wont have that problem. But yes, having s-off, u can brick your phone if u dont do things properly

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

G

glacierguy

So... It can be done with an unlocked bootloader... LMAO.. Figured as much.

If you need a tester, let me know. Actually, more like if you have room for another, let me know. I have ubuntu installed on my laptop. I am using a different recovery though... Not sure if that would interfere with any of the process.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
The tool itself wont, which is y they are testing first, so that we wont have that problem. But yes, having s-off, u can brick your phone if u dont do things properly

via xda premium

Mhm yeah I'm more cleared up, I rooted my moms g2 with s off, and there aren't any problems so far

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
Ahh i didnt notice that... So your thinking it relocks it when the new hboot is flashed?

But in the s-on pic, the its still locked...

via xda premium

i just assumed that based on nativedudes pics...he was unlocked via htc dev prior and now hes locked and not relocked...this is good stuff :D

i just noticed he has an engineering hboot now! wow...great job guys

im curious if stock cwm will still have the charging bug with s-off...?
charging bug? and why would you use cwm... 4ext is so much better... been testing for madmaxx for the past couple days and I think it's almost RC worthy... just 1 or 2 small critical functionality bugs as far as the manager app is concerned, otherwise the recovery itself seems flawless...

P.S. donated half of my pledge $50 (of $100) to JuopunutBear (given to me by hyuh in the IRC channel) I will donate the other half once this is made publicly available...

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
charging bug? and why would you use cwm... 4ext is so much better... been testing for madmaxx for the past couple days and I think it's almost RC worthy... just 1 or 2 small critical functionality bugs as far as the manager app is concerned, otherwise the recovery itself seems flawless...

Agree I've been testing 4ext for the last week or so. So glad to have it back, I had it on my G2, best recovery ever IMO.

Sent from the Morgue!

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track

P.S. donated half of my pledge $50 (of $100) to JuopunutBear (given to me by hyuh in the IRC channel) I will donate the other half once this is made publicly available...

yeah the stock cwm has the off charging bug. im not currently using it, but was just curious...

havent tried 4ext before, but my inside man gave me the scoop a few days ago. what makes it a better recovery in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta Testing Complete....

MOD EDIT:: At globatron's request, there is to be no posting in this thread unless you are directly responding to either fuses or globatron, prior to the official release. This is a development thread, not a lounge.

Amaze4G_SON.jpg
    Amaze4G_SOFF.jpg

Fuses and Globatron
    NO PMs, PMs will not be answered
    Guys, remember my request...no commentary please.

We ask testers to post results...that all, everything else is off topic here.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Testing completed.

Locked and unlocked bootloaders both confirmed.
    Closing the thread makes it more difficult for us to keep our efforts in one place so we would prefer that it remain open.

Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things to avoid confusion.

Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
    Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
    If it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
    Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.

Speculation on this helps nobody, not us, and not the Amaze 4G community.

Correcting misinformation also does not help, it just adds to the problem. Please do not post in this thread unless it is in direct response to something either Fuses or I have posted.
    So are we going to need to have linux to obtain S-OFF?

Not in the final release. We are using linux during the test period for ssh access since we are not giving the tool to the test users. It is being run remotely.

When we release it it will work on Linux/Windows/MacOS.
    Whoever unlocked via HTC-Dev or is running a custom ROM *CANNOT* get S-OFF since you already have a unlocked bootloader.

That is completely untrue.