Aftermarket Replacement Battery Covers (Blk Carbon Fiber Reviewed: 5/16/2013)

Search This thread

CHUUZE

Aug 11, 2011
CHUUZ3D Galaxy
For those of you that dislike the stock battery covers for you S IV, I found some nice looking replacements on amazon while browsing for accessories:

Blk Leather[Review Added 5/11/2013]
http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Plastic-Material-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00CILRQO2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1367431609&sr=8-5&keywords=leather+replacement+cover+s4

uCbzpCAIevCN

GOxd68XRUyFz

HFe00LSa7IXF

OAtDT8A99tyC

xhqRj4YAEdTU

<<Click for new comparison images

Wht Leather [Review Added 5/11/2013]

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-Product-Leather-Battery-Protective/dp/B00CIJ7A4K/ref=sr_1_11?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431661&sr=1-11&keywords=leather+replacement+cover+white+s4

Caal4mBDrFFA

uJjn9YXtTqng

zxy4MT2U7i6o

UDoZQy8Ylh4v

nIDPIzSgi6Um

Ov8dd894bU26

***Review: Well I finally got the leather replacement covers in...The black version has an black leather-like material on the back. White version is slightly off white leather-like material. Cut outs and fittings are great. Camera and flash cutouts are more flush with the backing than stock so it seems like better protection from scratching when left on a table. Speaker cutout no longer has the slight bump that you feel on stock. I love the roman numeral "IV" opposed to the "4" that comes stock. Quality feels awesome and I can't leave finger prints on the back of my device now. Also my device isn't twinkling like a twilight vampire on the back (for me that's a plus). S-Beam and NFC still work with the aftermarket as well. Only gripe is that protective plastic cases no longer 100% fit now as the aftermarket battery cover is slightly thicker than stock.

Blk Carbon Fiber
pics on attachment

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Material-Replacement-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00CILXESE/ref=sr_1_1?m=A11TB872LL3R2P&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431801&sr=1-1&keywords=black+carbon+fiber+s4

Wht Carbon Fiber
31xsM9uWH0L._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Material-Replacement-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00CIM700G/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431702&sr=1-3&keywords=carbon+fiber+replacement+cover+white+s4

***Review Added 5/16/2013*** Ok...so the carbon fiber variant finally came in. Shipping took a long time (from China) This black version of the carbon fiber replacement battery cover feels similar to the leather variants. I do believe the material is the same if not similar. It does feel nice in my hands and adds a little bit of bulk just as the leather ones did. The camera lens is protected with this cover as it was with the leather one and the speaker cutout is the same. I will use the black carbon fiber more than the leather (i'm a sucker for carbon fiber). I would recommend this over one of the carbon fiber skins as this will not semi peel off and annoy the s*** out of my hand. Installation was as easy as the leather variants and the battery door matches perfectly with my device. I am not worried about cleaning the black version as I don't feel like it can pick up dirt/grime very easily. Signal does not suffer from having the back cover on, NFC and S-Beam work fine as well.

Attachments

• cf1.jpg
    cf1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • cf2.jpg
    cf2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,182
  • cf3.jpg
    cf3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,140
  • cf4.jpg
    cf4.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,071
Last edited:

CHUUZE

Aug 11, 2011
CHUUZ3D Galaxy
Oh wow !!
did you end up ordering something?

I bought all 4 as my girlfriend got the white s4 and I got black mist. I personally wanted the phones to have a better feel to them and I see most reviews of the s4 people are whining about it as well. As soon as I get them in I will post a review of the fit and quality as the pics from amazon are not that detailed. The leather ones just kills it for me btw can't wait for that one.

Reactions: Vertron
I had the white carbon one for my SIII, and let me tell you, that thing attracts dirt like nothing else.... went through two of them in the 10 months I had the device and there's a reason why the letters don't have the silver "metal" emblems embedded in these battery doors anymore - they fall off!

Just a word of warning - I really liked the looks of these for the SIII and I wouldn't waste my money on one this go 'round.....

CHUUZE

Aug 11, 2011
CHUUZ3D Galaxy
I had the white carbon one for my SIII, and let me tell you, that thing attracts dirt like nothing else.... went through two of them in the 10 months I had the device and there's a reason why the letters don't have the silver "metal" emblems embedded in these battery doors anymore - they fall off!

Just a word of warning - I really liked the looks of these for the SIII and I wouldn't waste my money on one this go 'round.....

Damn well I guess ill find out when they come in if these newer versions work out

Damn well I guess ill find out when they come in if these newer versions work out

Sorry! To show how crappy they are, the manufacturer sent me the 2nd one for free after I took a pic of how one of the letters fell off - I threw out that one before listing my SIII on eBay because no one would have wanted it, as bad as it looked!

GeorgeP

Sep 19, 2007
I had one of these for my S3. It was great because it added a bit of friction plus was just thick enough to protect the camera lens. Just ordered this one.

Pinocheckio

May 31, 2011
Is an alumium cover a no go because of reception or can it also be used?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I had one of these for my S3. It was great because it added a bit of friction plus was just thick enough to protect the camera lens. Just ordered this one.

I agree with the point about friction, but damnit that thing got dirty! Did you have yours for long?

Now I kind of like the smooth surface again only for the fact that I can use the PuGoo I have placed around my house - on the bathroom mirror, on a cupboard door in the kitchen, etc.... Love that stuff and was kind of disappointed the carbon was too coarse for the it to securely attach to the PuGoo, safely, it would stay for a few seconds and then give out because it couldn't grip it well enough, unlike how your hands could grip the back case nicely when out and about, and I would use the PuGoo about 1% of the time compared to how often I had the phone in my hands, hah

CHUUZE

Aug 11, 2011
CHUUZ3D Galaxy
Lol wow I didn't notice that til just now, re-sized with reasonable sized pics and so the page loads lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

Last edited:

CHUUZE

Aug 11, 2011
CHUUZ3D Galaxy
Definitely gonna have to resize those images! WOOOOOOOW, haha :good:

The review shouldn't be posted when you get them, but rather when the white ones turn grey!

honestly I don't mind the worn leather look that the white version may/may not get, besides I have a plethora of leather cleaners for sneakers in my closet i'm sure one of them can clean it if it gets dirty.

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com
For those of you that dislike the stock battery covers for you S IV, I found some nice looking replacements on amazon while browsing for accessories:

***Blk Leather*** [Review Added 5/11/2013]
http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Plastic-Material-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00CILRQO2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1367431609&sr=8-5&keywords=leather+replacement+cover+s4

uCbzpCAIevCN

GOxd68XRUyFz

HFe00LSa7IXF

OAtDT8A99tyC

xhqRj4YAEdTU

***Wht Leather*** [Review Added 5/11/2013]

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-Product-Leather-Battery-Protective/dp/B00CIJ7A4K/ref=sr_1_11?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431661&sr=1-11&keywords=leather+replacement+cover+white+s4

Caal4mBDrFFA

uJjn9YXtTqng

zxy4MT2U7i6o

UDoZQy8Ylh4v

nIDPIzSgi6Um

Ov8dd894bU26

***Review: Well I finally got the leather replacement covers in...The black version has an black leather-like material on the back. White version is slightly off white leather-like material. Cut outs and fittings are great. Camera and flash cutouts are more flush with the backing than stock so it seems like better protection from scratching when left on a table. Speaker cutout no longer has the slight bump that you feel on stock. I love the roman numeral "IV" opposed to the "4" that comes stock. Quality feels awesome and I can't leave finger prints on the back of my device now. Also my device isn't twinkling like a twilight vampire on the back (for me that's a plus). S-Beam and NFC still work with the aftermarket as well. Only gripe is that protective plastic cases no longer 100% fit now as the aftermarket battery cover is slightly thicker than stock.

Blk Carbon Fiber
51%2BNulClJrL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Material-Replacement-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00CILXESE/ref=sr_1_1?m=A11TB872LL3R2P&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431801&sr=1-1&keywords=black+carbon+fiber+s4

Wht Carbon Fiber
31xsM9uWH0L._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Material-Replacement-Battery-Samsung/dp/B00CIM700G/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431702&sr=1-3&keywords=carbon+fiber+replacement+cover+white+s4

Once I get them in I will definately post a review on how they fit and the quality of the material.

which seller did u buy it from? see 2 selling it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Blk Leather[Review Added 5/11/2013]

uCbzpCAIevCN

GOxd68XRUyFz

HFe00LSa7IXF

OAtDT8A99tyC

xhqRj4YAEdTU

Wht Leather [Review Added 5/11/2013]

Caal4mBDrFFA

uJjn9YXtTqng

zxy4MT2U7i6o

UDoZQy8Ylh4v

nIDPIzSgi6Um

Ov8dd894bU26

Blk Carbon Fiber
    pics on attachment

Wht Carbon Fiber
    31xsM9uWH0L._SY300_.jpg

***Review Added 5/16/2013*** Ok...so the carbon fiber variant finally came in. Shipping took a long time (from China) This black version of the carbon fiber replacement battery cover feels similar to the leather variants. I do believe the material is the same if not similar. It does feel nice in my hands and adds a little bit of bulk just as the leather ones did. The camera lens is protected with this cover as it was with the leather one and the speaker cutout is the same. I will use the black carbon fiber more than the leather (i'm a sucker for carbon fiber). I would recommend this over one of the carbon fiber skins as this will not semi peel off and annoy the s*** out of my hand. Installation was as easy as the leather variants and the battery door matches perfectly with my device. I am not worried about cleaning the black version as I don't feel like it can pick up dirt/grime very easily. Signal does not suffer from having the back cover on, NFC and S-Beam work fine as well.
    Oh wow !!
    did you end up ordering something?

I bought all 4 as my girlfriend got the white s4 and I got black mist. I personally wanted the phones to have a better feel to them and I see most reviews of the s4 people are whining about it as well. As soon as I get them in I will post a review of the fit and quality as the pics from amazon are not that detailed. The leather ones just kills it for me btw can't wait for that one.
    I just ordered the black carbon fiber one, can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
    still holding up? how's the leather back cover, now that its been a couple of weeks? Mine STILL hasnt arrived (ordered may 1st, got sent the wrong one. Seller offered to send correct item, but its still not here. its been almost a month!)

Leather is holding up well on both the black leather and the black carbon fiber...

The white ones aren't being used because my girlfriend likes her case more and the battery covers prevent the case from being put on...

No issues other than the compatibility with plastic cases as mentioned in my review. Cases have no issues with dust or picking up oils from my hands. I love the look and feel so far.

Sent from the CHUUZ3D Galaxy via XDA Premium
    Instead of trying to ScotchBrite or Paint the gloss black on my pebble-leather cover, I ended up getting this PU Carbon Fiber cover from a US seller on eBay for around $11... I think they can be had for around $7 out of China. It's the same type of carbon-fiber-like PU material as the last case in the OP, but goes NEARLY edge-to-edge with a very small FLAT-black edge left exposed. It's much more the look I was going for. I've not found it any Pebble or Alligator leather, but there are four color options (black, silver, pink, off-white). Just like the OP's back, it adds a bit of thickness (again level with the camera lens), but given the more premium feel of the material, texture, and color compared to the slick blue-grey-purple plastic of the stock back, I can live with the added thickness any day of the week. I'm going to pair this with a Mercury matte screen protector with black trim to really black-out my S4 and do away with as much of the blue-grey-purple "Black Mist" as possible.

These are the eBay seller's pictures, not mine:

carbons4back1.jpg

carbons4back3.jpg

carbons4back2.jpg