[ICS][05-03-2012][ALPHA] CyanogenMod 9 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 4.0.3)

Search This thread

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
Voice Chat via Google Talk still doesn't work. Has anyone managed to get it working? The right libraries to get it working are included in this ROM, so I'm wondering why it keeps crashing Google Talk...

Megalith27

Feb 17, 2012
Baku
Speech to text

One thing I've noticed is that on rondoval's CM9 rom speech to text option was active on messaging, on this one it's not.
Not that I use it on daily basis, but just thought that if rondoval has it, then it must be a doable thing although not a high priority.

Just a user feedback. Overall rom is very stable, I am using it on daily basis, haven't had any problems.
Thanks for your hard work tezet and rondoval, and all the others who have contributed to the development of the rom.

Last edited:

l_a

Dec 19, 2009
One problem. When dialing men of address book on display writing UNKNOWN abonent. After finish call writing right name on display.

Sent from my MotoA953 using xda premium

12o0n3y

Mar 8, 2011
Messeage Problem

When I open Messaging app, it show messaging's UI and escape immediately. I can't read message from my friends. How to fix it?

Regaddi

Jan 27, 2012
Gießen
The arrow keys in QWERTZ hardware keyboard layout are wrong:

left results in down
up * left
right *up
down * right

So it's just ordered counterclockwise ^^

puiboy

Sep 17, 2011
Is CM9 ICS stable for daily uses?

Hi,
Pardon for my question.
Because currently, I'm using tezet's cm7. However sometime, the phone becomes very laggy (I have to wipe cache and delvik caches) and there is loss of reception once awhile. So I want to know if the CM9 is stable for daily use (eg make calls, recieved messages , wifi tethering and how's the signal strength)?

Thanks.

KinChungE

Jun 10, 2010
For me, this CM9 is equally the same (of even worst) while using 3G network
However, if I stick with 2G only, the problem is gone

KinChungE

Jun 10, 2010
Ohh , does this problem occurs because of the baseband ? Apply baseband switcher when there's no signal rite ?

I don't think baseband switcher would solve this
No matter which baseband that I use, it is still the same

Sometimes when it is being idled for a long time, the signal is lost and never re-connects (even cannot switch to airplane mode except rebooting the phone)

Also, during the time that signal is lost, the battery drains very quickly

This is not only an issue to MS2, but also for MS users (don't know whether MS3 would be the same)

chillje

May 7, 2011
i have problems with following

* qr code scanning (tested with 3 apps)

* google+ account connection
* google maps account connection

Any solves yet?

edit:
Sorry I have missed the account messages in the status bar for google services..

thx :)

Last edited:

wilriker

Feb 26, 2008
i have problems with following

* qr code scanning (tested with 3 apps)

I have the same problem and to describe it a bit more:
The image is stretched horizontally (holding the phone in landscape). Therefore the QR code is no longer quadratic and won't be recognized by scanning apps.

Additonally PaperCam does not work. Or better: it works but image colors are not the way they are supposed to be (and no it's not the filters themselves I am talking about :rolleyes: )

Regards

Manuel

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA

jsschmid

Sep 9, 2011
Again: QWERTZ keyboard layout

Hey folks !

I know there is a QWERTZ keybord set available ready to download BUT ...
I'd need the functionality (behavior) of te "old" keyboard from the stock ROM 2.2.2, which is the following:

-> press alt, shift and u you'd get those two little umlaut dot's above
-> subsequent pressed key is fitted with those little dot, e.g. subsequent key was an o, you'd get an ö

Thing is, that's as well possible with french, spanish and so on characters, e.g. î ô è à ... you get the point!

What I tried is to just copy over the kcm.bin and .kl from the stock ROM, but this didn't work.

Please help me here : How can I modify the kcm file or how can I make the one from the stock ROM work in this CM9 ROM?

Attached is a zip with the two files from the 2.2.2 stock ROM.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• keychars_keylayout.7z
    1.1 KB · Views: 5

skaburn

Jan 18, 2011
I don't think baseband switcher would solve this
No matter which baseband that I use, it is still the same

Sometimes when it is being idled for a long time, the signal is lost and never re-connects (even cannot switch to airplane mode except rebooting the phone)

Also, during the time that signal is lost, the battery drains very quickly

This is not only an issue to MS2, but also for MS users (don't know whether MS3 would be the same)

I have the same problem!

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
Try to wipe caches. If it doesn't work you probably need to wipe data as well. I don't know wheter you installed it as an upgrade to previous ICS or as an upgrade from CM7.

In the latter case you should execute a data wipe.

Top Liked Posts