[GT-P6210 WIFI][WIP] CyanogenMod 9 (developer preview 2)

Search This thread

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
SO HERE WE GO MY GT-6210 FRIENDS.

I sold my tab because I got an iPad 2 for work and used the money to get a Galaxy Nexus:D I will probably keep building this ROM once the kernel is worked out and everything is working. Most likely Build AOKP

Just like the GT-6200 Developer Release this is a very basic preview build of CM9. That being said, if you choose to flash this build, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I am not a Dev or claim to be one, I just spent a lot of time the last few monthes learning how to build from AOSP and CM9, and figured I'd share my success with the community. I am not resposible for any one bricking their devices by not reading all the information that is all hear on XDA.

Please atleast read through this if you are a n00b: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452716

And this if you are not Rooted yet: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379532

ONCE AGAIN
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

All credit and thanks goes out to:
-Google
-The whole Cyanogen team
-aorth (for getting this moving on out TABs)
-locerra (for his quick work on the p6210 device tree & framework tweaks)
-garyd9 (for all his work on the p6210 and this forum)
-Anyone else that made this possible THANK YOU

I will try to maintain this thread as much as I can, but I have a full time job, school, family and a life :D

I will at the least be folowing any changes in the source code or on github and post any builds I compile.

I WILL NOT BE:
-Responding to any questions that can be found by simply searching
-Spending a lot of time helping people to get this up and running

This is what I did to get it up and running:
-Put the ZIP file on the TABs internal sd partition (NOT THE SD CARD YOU PUT IN TO THE TAB)

-Reboot into Recovery

-Wipe data/factory reset

-Wipe cache partition

-wipe Dalvik Cache

-format /cache

-format /system

-format /data

-Install update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p6210-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

-Reboot and enjoy!!! Not much is working though.

What's working:
Accelerometer
Hardware-accelerated launcher
Touch input
Vibration
Physical buttons (volume + power)
Audio

What's not working:
Bluetooth
Wifi
Camera
GPS
Hardware-accelerated video
Ambient light sensor(working for the most part in new build 2)

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jrcehwgewyxi6kb

Any Mirrors for downloads are welcome, not sure how for the free mediafire account will go.

New Build with working Audio
Thanks to locerra!!!
DP2: http://goo.gl/6mXTQ
md5: 79bdbb1e44d8e4421221525c00947688

Last edited:

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Screenshot_2012-04-06-04-42-31.png
Screenshot_2012-04-06-04-38-42.png
Screenshot_2012-04-06-04-39-10.png

Last edited:

Zadeis

Dec 31, 2011
Woooo yes bring it on! Great to see people chipping in and getting this off the ground! Really looking forward to seeing this finished.

Would be abysmally funny if they finish before Samsung gets their ICS out even though that circumstance is not likely to happen. :eek:

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hey! This is awesome, i'm glad you were able to get this running. I was gonna try to get it running, but I ran outta space on my ubuntu partition :p lol.

I was wondering if we could get wifi working by porting this..

https://github.com/psyke83/AR6kSDK.3.1

Not sure if I could get this worked into a build. Do you have more info on what and where this code comes from?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

fm.matti

Mar 15, 2011
This is great and really inspiring. I really wish I knew where to begin to help out on moving this forward. Thanks for all the work guys

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Progress on wireless... sorta.

P6200/P6210 use an Atheros 6003 wireless chip (also for bluetooth?). The open-source atk6kl driver from compat-wireless supports this chip. I found some interesting information about building this module on the HP Touchpad forum over at RootzWiki. I can compile the module, but I just can't load it.

Here's how:

1. Compile kernel:
Code:
cd ~/src/git/kernel_samsung_c210
LOCALVERSION="" ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE="/home/aorth/src/android-ndk-r7b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-" make -j8 zImage

2. Compile compat-wireless
Code:
cd ~/src/compat-wireless-3.3-2-n
./scripts/driver-select ath6kl
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE="/home/aorth/src/android-ndk-r7b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-" KLIB=~/src/git/kernel_samsung_c210 KLIB_BUILD=~/src/git/kernel_samsung_c210 make -j4

But attempting to insert the resulting modules spits out errors like:
Code:
# insmod compat.ko                                           
insmod: can't insert 'compat.ko': invalid module format
# dmesg | tail -n3                                           
<4>[  365.244149] load_module: umod=4015c000, len=1311485, uargs=01a1f008
<3>[  365.266659] compat: unknown relocation: 96
<6>[  382.490328] BAT : soc(100), vcell(4152mV), curr(0mA), temp(26.7), chg(0), full(1), rechg(0), cable(1)

@ohanar... help!

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
P6200/P6210 use an Atheros 6003 wireless chip (also for bluetooth?). The open-source atk6kl driver from compat-wireless supports this chip. I found some interesting information about building this module on the HP Touchpad forum over at RootzWiki. I can compile the module, but I just can't load it.

Here's how:

1. Compile kernel:
Code:
cd ~/src/git/kernel_samsung_c210
LOCALVERSION="" ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE="/home/aorth/src/android-ndk-r7b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-" make -j8 zImage

2. Compile compat-wireless
Code:
cd ~/src/compat-wireless-3.3-2-n
./scripts/driver-select ath6kl
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE="/home/aorth/src/android-ndk-r7b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-" KLIB=~/src/git/kernel_samsung_c210 KLIB_BUILD=~/src/git/kernel_samsung_c210 make -j4

But attempting to insert the resulting modules spits out errors like:
Code:
# insmod compat.ko                                           
insmod: can't insert 'compat.ko': invalid module format
# dmesg | tail -n3                                           
<4>[  365.244149] load_module: umod=4015c000, len=1311485, uargs=01a1f008
<3>[  365.266659] compat: unknown relocation: 96
<6>[  382.490328] BAT : soc(100), vcell(4152mV), curr(0mA), temp(26.7), chg(0), full(1), rechg(0), cable(1)

@ohanar... help!

I need to learn to compile a kernel. Where did you get the kernel from and where did you get the toolchain/cross compiler from? Is it the one inside the cyanogen repo or codesourcery or what?

Sorry if the dumb questions, but I'm just getting started/interested in kernels :cool::cool:

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
I need to learn to compile a kernel. Where did you get the kernel from and where did you get the toolchain/cross compiler from? Is it the one inside the cyanogen repo or codesourcery or what?
The kernel we are currently using is the one at https://github.com/ohanar/kernel_samsung_c210, however, in the long run we should move over to https://github.com/teamhacksung/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210, although this is currently broken for our devices (so we need to fix it :)).
I am using the latest ndk toolchain that comes with in cm repo.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Haven't really looked into this too much. I'm more interested in getting the smdk4210 kernel working (and that already includes the atheros drivers).

kmmxracer

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks, I just found some good reading on compiling kernels. I allways find what I need right after asking in a thread :eek:

I'll start with the teamhacksung git. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Haven't really looked into this too much. I'm more interested in getting the smdk4210 kernel working (and that already includes the atheros drivers).

Yeah, you're right. It's likely the same ath6kl driver, though, as compat-wireless is where the mainline kernel gets linux-wireless-next (and smdk4210 kernel is based on mainline, or at least will be soon... it might be based on origen board kernel right now, see OpenGalaxy).

btw, this module loading issue isn't strictly a wireless issue. I can't load j4fs or scsi_wait_scan either. I swear I loaded these once before, recently...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SO HERE WE GO MY GT-6210 FRIENDS.

I sold my tab because I got an iPad 2 for work and used the money to get a Galaxy Nexus:D I will probably keep building this ROM once the kernel is worked out and everything is working. Most likely Build AOKP

Just like the GT-6200 Developer Release this is a very basic preview build of CM9. That being said, if you choose to flash this build, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I am not a Dev or claim to be one, I just spent a lot of time the last few monthes learning how to build from AOSP and CM9, and figured I'd share my success with the community. I am not resposible for any one bricking their devices by not reading all the information that is all hear on XDA.

Please atleast read through this if you are a n00b: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452716

And this if you are not Rooted yet: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379532

ONCE AGAIN
    FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

All credit and thanks goes out to:
    -Google
    -The whole Cyanogen team
    -aorth (for getting this moving on out TABs)
    -locerra (for his quick work on the p6210 device tree & framework tweaks)
    -garyd9 (for all his work on the p6210 and this forum)
    -Anyone else that made this possible THANK YOU

I will try to maintain this thread as much as I can, but I have a full time job, school, family and a life :D

I will at the least be folowing any changes in the source code or on github and post any builds I compile.

I WILL NOT BE:
    -Responding to any questions that can be found by simply searching
    -Spending a lot of time helping people to get this up and running

This is what I did to get it up and running:
    -Put the ZIP file on the TABs internal sd partition (NOT THE SD CARD YOU PUT IN TO THE TAB)

-Reboot into Recovery

-Wipe data/factory reset

-Wipe cache partition

-wipe Dalvik Cache

-format /cache

-format /system

-format /data

-Install update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p6210-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

-Reboot and enjoy!!! Not much is working though.

What's working:
    Accelerometer
    Hardware-accelerated launcher
    Touch input
    Vibration
    Physical buttons (volume + power)
    Audio

What's not working:
    Bluetooth
    Wifi
    Camera
    GPS
    Hardware-accelerated video
    Ambient light sensor(working for the most part in new build 2)

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jrcehwgewyxi6kb

Any Mirrors for downloads are welcome, not sure how for the free mediafire account will go.

New Build with working Audio
    Thanks to locerra!!!
    DP2: http://goo.gl/6mXTQ
    md5: 79bdbb1e44d8e4421221525c00947688
    Developer preview 3 for P6210

I've updated my P6200 thread to indicate that I'm maintaining the P6210 as well. I meant to post a note here, but forgot. Please see my thread for info, downloads, announcements about CM9 on the P6210!

[GT-P6200/6210][WIP] CyanogenMod 9 (developer preview 3)

Adios, muchachos!
    FYI, aorth and I are going to try to maintain this device. There are very few changes that need to be made in the configuration since we have a common directory that we use to make changes affecting all of the Tab 7+ and Tab 7.7 variants.
    I'm honestly surprised at how stable this rom is (1.1) considering all the missing drivers. its smooth and very well managed. Keep up the excellent work.

You're right. It runs very well. We're now using the Galaxy S2's audio libraries (from the official Samsung ICS release), as well as their hardware compositing libraries. The ROM works very well.

It helps that our device started on Honeycomb (more similar to ICS than Gingerbread), as well as our device's similarity to the Galaxy S2 (which has an official ICS release, as well as mainline Linux kernel support for its Exynos SoC).

Good things are coming!