[ROM+KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL][Q][BETA][EAS/F2FS] A I C P 15.0 (NEW BUILD - 12/04/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
NEW!! - April build release post here - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82365485&postcount=132

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we are now based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the GZOSP team, if it concerns their code base. This ROM isn't GZOSP supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Android 10 is now Pure AOSP! For our pleasure. :victory:

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Beta Release: Version 15.0

Download link: HERE!!

Clicking Thanks button below this post will show appreciation for the upkeep of these files.

Google Apps:
ALREADY INCLUDED!

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
(Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

issues.png

CRT Animation causes soft-reboot (just don't use it)
In-call Volume stuck on high currently.
Bluetooth occasionally causes a forced reboot.
...You tell... :p

FAQ:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page. <<< This way is the easiest!

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android 10. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, flash it and go!

If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip. We recommend Magisk!

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing if you're coming from a different ROM and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. Once you're on AICP you can dirty flash new builds without wiping anything, unless stated otherwise!

-----

How to flash for the first time:
  • (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)
  • If you've got everything nice and backed up:
  • 1. Fastboot -w (not usually necessary, this will wipe data and internal as well as format to ext4 and remove any encryption).
  • 2. Fastboot flash boot "twrp boot.img". Use the F2FS TWRP image linked here - F2FS TWRP Boot). Reboot to recovery (on the phone).
  • 3. In TWRP - wipe System, Data, and Dalvik. OR do a full wipe including Internal Storage, if you want to switch to F2FS and go Decrypted which is Recommended!). You'll have less hassle with dirty flashes later, but your phone may be less secure. Whichever way you look at it, its your decision!

[*]NOTE - Its recommended to format to F2FS file system at this stage before flashing ROM. However, not essential!
    [*]Change filesystem: Go into Wipe > select Data > Change Filesystem > F2FS

(I believe encryption won't work if you switch to F2FS, so only do it if you're okay with that).

• 4. Transfer the ROM zip and the TWRP installer zip to your SDCARD.
  • 5. Flash the ROM zip and the TWRP zip (FYI, flashing a ROM by any method will install to the opposite slot, the TWRP zip patches both slots).
  • 6. Reboot to recovery (Reboot > Recovery), ignoring when it says "No OS Installed" (this will automatically switch slots for you).
  • 7. Back in TWRP - transfer the latest Magisk zip to your SDCARD and flash it. (Magisk always installs to the current slot).
  • 8. Reboot to system. It will fail to boot once because of Magisk, that's normal just let it do its thing.
  • 9. Go through setup.
  • 10. Enjoy the ROM!

NOTE: If coming from AICP Pie it's still recommended to make a FRESH START!

The ROM has GApps built in, so you don't need to flash them! There is no GAppless option.

-----

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
https://github.com/celtare21/kernel_essential_msm8998-1

ROM & Additional links:
AICP's Homepage
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP sources on Github
AICP Download page for official builds and media content
AICP Discord Community

Contributors:

CamoGeko (Me)
KuranKaname (DaBoss)
All you PH-1 guys! (for testing and using the fastest/smoothest ROM on Essential Phone) - Thank you!
This ROM is free to use as everything should be on XDA, just click Thanks if you appreciate the work.
Happy 2020!!
:p

Screenshots:

HERE!!

Theme - Valerie
Icons - Outline Icon Pack (find here on XDA!)
Launcher - Lawnchair Q pre-alpha + QuickSwitch 3.0.0

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial AICP 15 Q Beta, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
CamoGeko, KuranKaname
Source Code: https://github.com/celtare21/kernel_essential_msm8998-1

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: N/A
Based On: Pure AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 15.0
Beta Release Date: 2020-01-05

Created 2020-01-06
Last Updated 2020-04-23

Attachments

• lsQaszf.png
    lsQaszf.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 3,598
  • ghhe9YQ.png
    ghhe9YQ.png
    140 KB · Views: 3,569
Last edited:

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
YOUR MATA CUSTOMIZATION STATION!

-------

F2FS Boot (if you want to full wipe and convert to F2FS):

TWRP Installer zip (to be flashed after flashing the ROM):

Latest NOVENDOR images:

Gcam that I use:

Launcher:

Lawnfeed (needed for Google Now):

QuickSwitch (for Recents):

avFonts by @Lupin The Third (Magisk modules):

Migrate v2.1 (to move your apps):
ViperFX:

YouTube Vanced (Magisk module):

---

Will add more later... have fun!!

Camo.

Attachments

• photo5807778636374323997.jpg
    photo5807778636374323997.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,572
  • photo5807778636374323996.jpg
    photo5807778636374323996.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,565
Last edited:

jeddy877

Feb 3, 2016
This is the most put together ROM for the essential phone on Android 10 that I have found. Great job. I did see in the list of features that there is supposed to be a one-handed mode I can't seem to find that anywhere. Could someone point that out where to locate it? This ROM works seamlessly with Magisk 20.2 and Viper4Android intalls without having to do a weird workaround to get its drivers going. I do get a notication that my Bluetooth isn't functioning sometimes. I go into TWRP, clean the cache and reboot. The Bluetooth warning goes away and Bluetooth works fine.

Last edited:

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
NICE!
Is the Custom Volume Steps feature implemented yet? Saw it on the app, but am not seeing it in the settings

Last edited:

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
The Screen Off Animation "CRT" (AICPExtras-Animations-Screen off Animation) causes a UI restart. When CRT is selected, each time I push the Power button, I get the boot animation and the start up loading.

Also, here'e the Nav screen pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200109-075547_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20200109-075547_Aicp_Extras.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,295

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
The Screen Off Animation "CRT" (AICPExtras-Animations-Screen off Animation) causes a UI restart. When CRT is selected, each time I push the Power button, I get the boot animation and the start up loading.

Also, here'e the Nav screen pic

Known issue about CRT, look under "Known Issues" in the OP. Its right there.

Thanks for the Navigation screenshot I hadn't seen that, because I have no need to go there.

Currently there are no options for Navigation within AICP Q right now it seems, but you dont really need them. Just go to System - Gestures and everything you need is there, if you want more customization then use a custom Launcher like the one from Post 2. Problem solved. :good:

monstercamf

May 1, 2013
Thx for the wonderul ROM. One of the best I've ever tried.

I've found 2 issues only:
-Everything is very fluent until scrolling/swiping becomes very slow for moments (seconds). It just comes and goes. It can be noticed when you try to swipe/scroll on the launcher or the notifications panel.
-It happened to me today that after using the gcam you posted for a while (in night mode) at some point the phone started to reboot every time I tried to take a photo. This issue was persistent between reboots and regardless of the camera app being used. The funny thing is that the issue disappeared after a while and then it came back. So looks like the camera needs to "cool off" after taking several pictures in a row.. weird

Again, thanks for the great work ;)

feligoni

Jun 16, 2014
Buenos Aires
Thx for the wonderul ROM. One of the best I've ever tried.

I've found 2 issues only:
-Everything is very fluent until scrolling/swiping becomes very slow for moments (seconds). It just comes and goes. It can be noticed when you try to swipe/scroll on the launcher or the notifications panel.
-It happened to me today that after using the gcam you posted for a while (in night mode) at some point the phone started to reboot every time I tried to take a photo. This issue was persistent between reboots and regardless of the camera app being used. The funny thing is that the issue disappeared after a while and then it came back. So looks like the camera needs to "cool off" after taking several pictures in a row.. weird

Again, thanks for the great work ;)

It happens to me as well. Thing is GCam takes a lot of processing power, it also happens on stock if you start taking pictures on low battery. Phone will just die. Don't know if something that can be fixed, could be a problem with GCam itself, or something in the kernel that messes **** up and makes the phone think that it has no battery.

Only fix I could find is using nonHDR photos when phone has 30% or less battery. Non HDR photos look terrible though.

monstercamf

May 1, 2013
It happens to me as well. Thing is GCam takes a lot of processing power, it also happens on stock if you start taking pictures on low battery. Phone will just die. Don't know if something that can be fixed, could be a problem with GCam itself, or something in the kernel that messes **** up and makes the phone think that it has no battery.

Only fix I could find is using nonHDR photos when phone has 30% or less battery. Non HDR photos look terrible though.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip. However in my case I still had 70% of the battery left, but it could be that I was making a very intensive use of the phone because of the low light mode.. Very strange.

xeta8

Aug 19, 2018
So far I have been liking the ROM a lot except for one big issue: whenever I install magisk, Wifi and Bluetooth are completely disabled. Reinstalling the ROM without it fixes the issue, but now I dont have a rooted phone. Any idea what I'm missing?

feligoni

Jun 16, 2014
Buenos Aires
So far I have been liking the ROM a lot except for one big issue: whenever I install magisk, Wifi and Bluetooth are completely disabled. Reinstalling the ROM without it fixes the issue, but now I dont have a rooted phone. Any idea what I'm missing?

No problems here. What Magisk are you using? Stick to official releases.

xeta8

Aug 19, 2018
No problems here. What Magisk are you using? Stick to official releases.

I am trying to use the latest stable release which is v20.3

EDIT: I got it working. My mistake was assuming the twrp img I used when first installing the ROM was all I needed, and I did not use the TWRP installer zip from their website. Everything is working now after actually using the installer zip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW!! - April build release post here - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82365485&postcount=132

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we are now based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the GZOSP team, if it concerns their code base. This ROM isn't GZOSP supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Android 10 is now Pure AOSP! For our pleasure. :victory:

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Beta Release: Version 15.0

Download link: HERE!!

Clicking Thanks button below this post will show appreciation for the upkeep of these files.

Google Apps:
    ALREADY INCLUDED!

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

issues.png

CRT Animation causes soft-reboot (just don't use it)
    In-call Volume stuck on high currently.
    Bluetooth occasionally causes a forced reboot.
    ...You tell... :p

FAQ:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page. <<< This way is the easiest!

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android 10. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, flash it and go!

If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip. We recommend Magisk!

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing if you're coming from a different ROM and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. Once you're on AICP you can dirty flash new builds without wiping anything, unless stated otherwise!

-----

How to flash for the first time:
    • (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)
    • If you've got everything nice and backed up:
    • 1. Fastboot -w (not usually necessary, this will wipe data and internal as well as format to ext4 and remove any encryption).
    • 2. Fastboot flash boot "twrp boot.img". Use the F2FS TWRP image linked here - F2FS TWRP Boot). Reboot to recovery (on the phone).
    • 3. In TWRP - wipe System, Data, and Dalvik. OR do a full wipe including Internal Storage, if you want to switch to F2FS and go Decrypted which is Recommended!). You'll have less hassle with dirty flashes later, but your phone may be less secure. Whichever way you look at it, its your decision!

[*]NOTE - Its recommended to format to F2FS file system at this stage before flashing ROM. However, not essential!
      [*]Change filesystem: Go into Wipe > select Data > Change Filesystem > F2FS

(I believe encryption won't work if you switch to F2FS, so only do it if you're okay with that).

• 4. Transfer the ROM zip and the TWRP installer zip to your SDCARD.
    • 5. Flash the ROM zip and the TWRP zip (FYI, flashing a ROM by any method will install to the opposite slot, the TWRP zip patches both slots).
    • 6. Reboot to recovery (Reboot > Recovery), ignoring when it says "No OS Installed" (this will automatically switch slots for you).
    • 7. Back in TWRP - transfer the latest Magisk zip to your SDCARD and flash it. (Magisk always installs to the current slot).
    • 8. Reboot to system. It will fail to boot once because of Magisk, that's normal just let it do its thing.
    • 9. Go through setup.
    • 10. Enjoy the ROM!

NOTE: If coming from AICP Pie it's still recommended to make a FRESH START!

The ROM has GApps built in, so you don't need to flash them! There is no GAppless option.

-----

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/celtare21/kernel_essential_msm8998-1

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community

Contributors:

CamoGeko (Me)
    KuranKaname (DaBoss)
    All you PH-1 guys! (for testing and using the fastest/smoothest ROM on Essential Phone) - Thank you!
    This ROM is free to use as everything should be on XDA, just click Thanks if you appreciate the work.
    Happy 2020!!
    :p

Screenshots:

HERE!!

Theme - Valerie
    Icons - Outline Icon Pack (find here on XDA!)
    Launcher - Lawnchair Q pre-alpha + QuickSwitch 3.0.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial AICP 15 Q Beta, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    CamoGeko, KuranKaname
    Source Code: https://github.com/celtare21/kernel_essential_msm8998-1

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N/A
    Based On: Pure AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 15.0
    Beta Release Date: 2020-01-05

Created 2020-01-06
    Last Updated 2020-04-23
    YOUR MATA CUSTOMIZATION STATION!

-------

F2FS Boot (if you want to full wipe and convert to F2FS):

TWRP Installer zip (to be flashed after flashing the ROM):

Latest NOVENDOR images:

Gcam that I use:

Launcher:

Lawnfeed (needed for Google Now):

QuickSwitch (for Recents):

avFonts by @Lupin The Third (Magisk modules):

Migrate v2.1 (to move your apps):
    ViperFX:

YouTube Vanced (Magisk module):

---

Will add more later... have fun!!

Camo.
    APRIL BUILD RELEASED!

:victory: IT'S HERE!!! :good:

Instructions for dirty flashing the new April build if coming from previous AICP:

Make sure you disable/uninstall any Themes or Overlays!!
    Make sure you're running January firmware!

Reboot to recovery.
    Nandroid backup (Data, System, Cache etc...)

DOWNLOAD latest April Gappless build here - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=304027
    DOWNLOAD Micro Gapps here - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=309043

Flash ROM zip.
    Flash TWRP Installer.
    Recovery - Reboot recovery.
    Flash latest A10 OpenGapps! (yes you NEED Gapps!)
    Flash Magisk 20.4 (for root)
    Reboot system.

No need to wipe anything. I've done this myself, IT WORKS!

---

If coming from any other Custom ROM or even Stock - first refer to the instructions in the 1st post. Then come back to this post when you have TWRP working ready to flash files. Thank you!

This build is meant to run with the January firmware!

Click Thanks button below if you appreciate this thread and would like me to keep maintaining it. :)

And of course, enjoy the ROM!

Camo.
    New build incoming.

Oh the smoothness.

:cool:

EDIT: NEW BUILD UPLOADED - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=304027

Sent from my mata using Thebear Blue XDA Labs
    New build in testing!

Should improve performance/smoothness significantly.

Sent from my mata using Thebear Blue XDA Labs