Touch Screen Unresponsive

Search This thread
Sep 15, 2017
Chicago
I don't expect there's much that can be done if the hardware is to blame. This reminds me of my Galaxy S3 -- so it's a problem that everyone else fixed ages ago. When I touch the touchscreen, very very often, it doesn't register that touch at all. Sometimes you get a delayed response. This leads to all kinds of fun where you tap the screen again at the same moment that PH-1 responds to your first touch, so it applies your second tap to whatever is going to come up on the screen a half second later.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed by firmware updates or is this a hardware issue?

hx3

Jun 29, 2010
OnePlus 12R
Touchscreen responsiveness, having to tap more than once for the screen to register a touch and awful light bleed caused me to send it back. But it was from the first batch that were manufactured. No issues on my U11, but I bought it in early August.

mastercut

Dec 5, 2006
touch unresposive is due too thermal trottling or like me the launcher stock.
Solved with Evie launcher

hx3

Jun 29, 2010
OnePlus 12R
Using a different launcher and such didn't help me out, unfortunately. Besides the tap issues, scrolling through a web page in any browser or with apps was extremely slow and laggy. My PH-1 was already being returned, so I couldn't test the latest software update they pushed out. But my device also had some horrible light bleed all along the left and right edges.

rajeshr

Dec 8, 2004
Vancouver, BC
No light bleed here. But d@mn, the responsiveness of this touch screen is worse than any other phone I've had. And the new software update hasn't helped at all!...

ampink7756

Nov 21, 2017
Westville
Same issue!

I too am having touch screen issues. Today, I was on the phone and went to go back to the screen and the screen stays black. I tried everything including pressing the power button and I got no response from the phone whatsoever. The only thing that finally worked was to press the power button and the volume down button and hold them at the same time to shut my phone off after the call already ended. In addition to that issue , I also use Swipe to type and when I do so it often skips over letters and types words that I am not even trying to type . It should be mentioned that I'm a very experienced swipe user and I have not had this problem with my S7 Edge or my Wellington . Also, I should mention that I have the most recent OTA. Also, has anyone else noticed that the camera shutter has a serious delay in it even with the Google camera mod?

Last edited:

Shadow Samurai

Nov 24, 2010
pensacola, FL
OnePlus 7T
iQOO 9
I've noticed my touch screen freaking out sometimes. It has more to do with the screen having too many prints on it. Guess it's a bit too sensitive. I wipe the phone screen off and it's fine. Doesn't happen very often. I have one of the latest batches, pure white.

D4rk_nVidia

Sep 16, 2011
Already looked into this?
Sensitivity:
1. Tap on the "Settings" icon on the home screen.
2. Tap "Language and Input".
3. Scroll to the very bottom of these settings and tap "Pointer Speed".
4. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tap. Decrease the slider to make your touch screen less sensitive and more difficult to tap.
5. Tap "OK" and then experiment with the results.

Essential Support still working on that and they send me this instructions for now.
I think it makes the user experience better.

Reactions: cptsashimi

dlenos

Nov 14, 2017
Early on I got the black screen that required a power hold reboot, since moving to Oreo I've not seen that

DaveHTC200

Oct 2, 2008
When I touch some letters on my keyboard, it's unresponsive. Same with some apps. I don't know why this phone is so frustrating to use even if it's a very good smartphone.

EDIT : I'm on Nougat's lastest version, not on Oreo beta.
Had it on both versions to be honest, but hoping it's getting resolved as time goes on!

ddish

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Just got mine..same thing but...

My screen was doing fine until i installed "All in one gestures". I was messing around with side gestures and this caused the screen to be non-responsive. I un-installed the app, reinstalled it and set it up differently and now it is fine.
I hope this helps.

cptsashimi

Jan 1, 2013
Sensitivity:
4. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tap. Decrease the slider to make your touch screen less sensitive and more difficult to tap.

Essential Support still working on that and they send me this instructions for now.

This helped me. I have mine set at approximately 3/4 and I'm happy one day in. Seems to work great now. I would still like smoother scrolling though. Thanks a million.

I was also having trouble with Android Pay and then found a post about the NFC being located near the bottom of the phone as opposed to the top as on my Nexus 6p.

With these problems fixed I'm completely pleased with this phone.

drumrjoe

Oct 26, 2009
ugh! Flashed back to stock on 7.1.1/NMJ32F/436 as that is how my phone came, and now I have no touchscreen after re-boot?!?!?! any advice? Please?

Thanks,

DJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirming u installed the most recent OTA (NMI64C)? Because that fixed my touch issues.
    Sensitivity: