[STABLE][2017.05.27] SuperSU v2.82

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
No, I have a custom port firmware from Note 7(Android 7.0.1). As always, after the firmware I make backup without root and when something is wrong with the firmware, I restore backup and install fresh Magisk from above.
Well, this time I decided to install SuperSu, but I just can't install SuperSu Systemmode (Systemmode).
Systemmode isn't well supported on nougat. Actually, SuperSU isn't supported, period. Better off using Magisk

MAOQ

May 6, 2015
Kharkiv
Systemmode isn't well supported on nougat. Actually, SuperSU isn't supported, period. Better off using Magisk

That is, it does not support Nougat at all?))) On our site, people are used and all the order. I have SuperSu on the Nemesis Refined Nougat v6 firmware (in Arome) and people do not complain.
They said before SuperSu Systemmode you need to install the usual SuperSu and then Systemmode and then it will start. Unfortunately I did not succeed.
Magisk also works well, but after a while the system starts to slow down and works hard. :(

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
That is, it does not support Nougat at all?))) On our site, people are used and all the order. I have SuperSu on the Nemesis Refined Nougat v6 firmware (in Arome) and people do not complain.
They said before SuperSu Systemmode you need to install the usual SuperSu and then Systemmode and then it will start. Unfortunately I did not succeed.
Magisk also works well, but after a while the system starts to slow down and works hard. :(
You are trying to treat symptoms vs identifying root cause. Magisk itself does not slow the system "after a while". You need to figure out what the real problem is and remediate.

Reactions: Wolfcity

MAOQ

May 6, 2015
Kharkiv
You are trying to treat symptoms vs identifying root cause. Magisk itself does not slow the system "after a while". You need to figure out what the real problem is and remediate.

So, I'm not the first time I use Magisk. :) Eg AdGuard, AFWall +, Total Commander (generally slow down, if SuperSu costs then the rules work), Adiutor Kernel, Titanium Backup, etc. running curve.
I wonder why support for SuperSu discontinued?

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
You wonder why it stopped? Have you been living under a rock for the past year or more. CCMT (China) bought it up, then subsequently abandoned it (even their own forums are filled with spam)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
So, I'm not the first time I use Magisk. :) Eg AdGuard, AFWall +, Total Commander (generally slow down, if SuperSu costs then the rules work), Adiutor Kernel, Titanium Backup, etc. running curve.
I wonder why support for SuperSu discontinued?
Simplify and retest adding back one thing at a time until the bad actor reveals itself. Complexity obscures reality.

As for SuperSU support, do your homework. Original developer stepped away long ago.

MAOQ

May 6, 2015
Kharkiv
Simplify and retest adding back one thing at a time until the bad actor reveals itself. Complexity obscures reality.

As for SuperSU support, do your homework. Original developer stepped away long ago.

In the sense of add? Disable access to each application access root and add one in Magisk?)))

As I know, there are 2 developers in the program(Chainfire и CCMT).
Interestingly, they are both not working on projects?
Sorry, not very good in English. :)

......... As I know, there are 2 developers in the program(Chainfire и CCMT). Interestingly, they are both not working on projects? Sorry, not very good in English. :)
CCMT owns SuperSU and Chainfire no longer is affiliated with SuperSU...

Please see the following post by @Chainfire.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=75024588

CCMT is who abandoned the development.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

freeqwerty

May 6, 2016
Sofia
Hello, tell me with which superSU to root my phone Moto Xstyle XT1572 with androit 7.0 nougat. Bootloader is unlocked. Than you all.

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Hello, tell me with which superSU to root my phone Moto Xstyle XT1572 with androit 7.0 nougat. Bootloader is unlocked. Than you all.
If you're sure you want to use SuperSU (if you have read the last posts you know that it's abandoned since 2017 and not supported anymore) you should take SuperSU 2.82 SR5.
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/page1224
If it doesn't work for you take a look into the magisk thread. Magisk is the actual supported rooting solution:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/mod-magisk-v1-universal-systemless-t3432382

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
if i wanted to replace magisk with superSU , would it be uninstall magisk from magisk mngr. , reflash stock boot.img and then flash superSU?
this is on a stock oreo rom.
(Q : would i loose twrp after restoring stock boot.img? i ask as i have no access to a p.c. so cannot currently run adb/fastboot commands).
ty for any info or leads. [emoji106]

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using XDA-Developers Legacy app

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
if i wanted to replace magisk with superSU , would it be uninstall magisk from magisk mngr. , reflash stock boot.img and then flash superSU?
this is on a stock oreo rom.
(Q : would i loose twrp after restoring stock boot.img? i ask as i have no access to a p.c. so cannot currently run adb/fastboot commands).
ty for any info or leads. [emoji106]
Imo the safest way is by flashing its uninstaller, in this way twrp won't be gone. But If I'm not mistaken in magisk manager there is an option for it (I forgot which option). For uninstaller u can grab it on magisk github.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** Urgent Update Notice ***

We are deeply sorry about the installation errors and failures happened in v2.80.

The new update v2.81 has rolled out on XDA and Play Store to fix the problem occured in v2.80.

Chainfire has also released a quick fix on XDA, it's at #1445 post (we will post it here soon)

We have noticed the multiple reports from users on both XDA and Play Store regarding update failure and loss of root. As of now, we have rolled out 2.82 to resolve this issue. If it still persist, please reroot your phone with v2.79.

Again, we apologize for all the trouble and inconvenience caused regarding our 2.80 update. There is hardly any excuse on our side and we should have done a better job. In the coming days, Chainfire and us will review this issue again and provide a note on what went wrong and how we fixed it. In future, we will set up a mechanism to make sure cases like this won't happen again.

P.S. Upon reading ALL the comments posted on this thread, Play Store, Facebook and various sites, we understand the frustrations among users and we are swallowing the heated words. But even at moment like this, we are truly grateful for the community members who shared the details of the error (which speed up our detection process) and those who defended us.
    We owe you guys a big thank you.

Download:

SuperSU on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

SuperSU Pro on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro

TWRP / FlashFire installable ZIP :
    https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/supersu/download/zip/SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip

*** Xperia users, and others experiencing bootloops ***
    Please use this version instead: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4164510&d=1496008012

Contact us:
    SuperSU Official Website: www.supersu.com
    Forum: forum.supersu.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SuperSU-1024576694301637/?ref=br_rs

Our team's previous announcement (regarding who we are):

Hello everyone, the CCMT team announces the following statement. We hope this can help everyone have a better picture of who we are and what we will be working on:

1. Our team: Founded in U.S, the team currently operates in Beijing, as a subsidiary of JJ World. Our members consist of operations and engineers from top mobile companies in China, US and Spain. Our mission is to make a difference in Android mobile security, via providing clean, reliable apps.

Though CCMT was founded in the U.S. as a full subsidiary of JJ World, the team currently operates in Beijing. Our members consist of operators and engineers from top mobile companies in China, US and Spain. Our mission is to make a difference in Android mobile security, by providing clean and reliable apps.

2. SuperSU’s future: Our next step is to make SuperSU easier and friendlier to use for broader audience. Our primary effort and achievement since partnering with Chainfire is helping new users (who approached us with no knowledge of how to root) and international users who need special assistance crossing the language barrier.

3. Regarding User Improvement Program (with Google Analytics): In future versions, there will be an option to be included in our user improvement program. It’s essentially adding Google Analytics to understand how SuperSU is used. As stated before, we want SuperSU to be friendlier to rookie users, and we need data to help us achieving that goal. Not a fan? You can always go to settings and disable this feature. Note that the user improvement program does not collect nor store personal information.

4. For concerns regarding possible ads in SuperSU: Maintaining the purity and integrity of SuperSU does not conflict with our team’s business strategy. In other words, we will make sure SuperSU is clean and pure, as it should be.

To conclude, we hope this statement can provide a clearer picture of the CCMT team and we are grateful for those who stayed with us along our ups and downs. We thank you for your support, and stay tuned with CCMT!
    THREAD TEMPORARILY "PAUSED"

We're talking/reporting in circles without progress, and nobody is reading back more than a page, so it's hard to see where things stand - the thread just grows and grows with everybody saying the same thing.

If you came here to report v2.80 or v2.81 isn't working for you: thank you, we are aware of the issues, we are working on it.

v2.80 release had a few major issues, causing root loss on many older devices and bootloops on Xperias. These issues are under investigation. There was a staged roll-out, and at the first stage no issues were reported. Unfortunately now that there are issues, due to a recent change in the Developer Console for the Play store we can't just un-publish v2.80 and put v2.79 back.

v2.81 was released quickly in an attempt to reduce the number of users affected by these issues, but it doesn't improve the situation by that much. It is also a franken-merge between v2.79 and v2.80 so it's hard to use as a base. The effort to fix the issues will thus be based on v2.80 itself.

Those of you who had any issues with v2.80 and v2.81 and are willing to help find and fix them, please report to the SuperSU BETA thread. I am especially looking for Xperia users who had bootloop issues and are willing to assist finding the cause.

My personal advice would be to stick to SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip for the moment. In the mean time, we're hard at work getting to the bottom of the problems.

If you have lost root, quite probably you will need to fully re-root with an older SuperSU version (such as v2.79-SR3). Updating to a newer APK or downgrading to an older APK will not fix the issue. If you flash an older SuperSU version and the application itself becomes invisible, 'adb uninstall eu.chainfire.supersu' often fixes that specific problem.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, please have some patience while we try to work things out. SuperSU has dozens of millions of users across thousands of device/firmware combinations, there will always be some issue with an update, and sometimes (like today) they're worse than average. It happens.

NOTE: Some are complaining about the new permissions in v2.8x. These are used for the bug feedback screen. They do seem a bit excessive, I'm pretty sure we can drop some of them with the same functionality, but my current priority is to get the show-stoppers fixed. For more information about that and analytics (not currently used), please see my post here.

Specific issues seen with v2.80

Updating binaries fails and root is lost, on older Android versions such as 4.4
    This problem has been found and will be addressed. This should no longer happen with the test versions linked below, but you will still need to fully re-root if you lost it.

Updating binaries reports success, but devices loops on next reboot
    Seems to be limited to Sony Xperia so far. Cause unknown!

AdAway cannot update hosts file, and bind mounts do not work
    This problem has been found and will be addressed. You can temporarily bypass the problem by disabling 'mount namespace separation' in SuperSU's settings. For security reasons that's a setting that you would normally keep turned on. After next update, you should re-enable this option. The 'bindfix' test version linked below should fix this.

Application not responding error or crash of SuperSU on network state change
    We have a good idea where this issue comes from. You may be able to get rid of it by manually uninstalling SuperSU (the APK only, not full un-root), rebooting, then re-installing the APK.

Test versions

There are some test versions available at https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72429329&postcount=9810 for the adventurous.

UPDATE: v2.82

v2.82 has started staged roll-out on Google Play. You can download the ZIP and APK directly from the 'test versions' link above already.

This should solve the biggest root loss issues, but Xperia users should stay on v2.79 for the moment.

Further information will be available soon, this post will be updated, and the thread will be unlocked for further discussion.
    As requested, v2.79 STABLE ZIP compiled on my computer from my verified sources:

https://download.chainfire.eu/1016/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip
    Thread cleaned. Yes, this is a new thread for SuperSU as it has been taken over by Coding Code Mobile Technology, Inc (CCMT for short). No, you are not allowed to complain and be disrespectful towards these guys or Chainfire. This has been a long time in the making (some reading for you if you missed out) and if you are upset in the direction it is going, feel free not to use it and/or develop your own root solution (since, you know, we're on a developer's site). Nobody here owes you anything.

Nathan
    Forum Moderator
    Changelogs

SuperSU V2.80 is essentially the stable version of V2.79 SR series, now available on both XDA and Google Play Store. For the past few months, Chainfire and the team have decided to rename the beta versions as service release (SR). Thus the next beta version is expected to be named as v2.80 SR1. The reason for this change is partly due to a significant number of websites outside of XDA update their SuperSU when an elevation of version number takes place ( such as 2.76 to 2.77 beta), but they do not label out the beta. Thus the conventional beta release will be assumed as stable version release in many places other than of XDA. Users who only wish for stable versionsmay accidentally update their SuperSU to beta version.

For the full changelogs including currently in development 'service release' / beta versions and older versions, see Chainfire's changelog post here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64916199&postcount=3

What has changed since the last stable release (v2.79):

26.05.2017 - v2.82
    - su: Fix su.d scripts running in the wrong mount context (introduced by ODP sdcardfs fix)
    - CCMT: Remove Feedback screen and associated permissions

(v2.81 == v2.79 SR3 with patched version code)

24.05.2017 - v2.80
    - CCMT: Update language files
    - CCMT: Update guide screen
    - CCMT: Update privacy policy screen
    - CCMT: Updater: remove 4.3 and 5.0 specific upgrade messages, replace with generic; and detect if root must be manually updated
    - CCMT: Add feedback screen
    - CCMT: Drop support for Android 2.1 and 2.2. Minimum is now 2.3 (SDK 9, up from 7)

11.04.2017 - v2.79 - SR5 - Not publicly released
    - su: Update mount namespace separation code to improve sdcardfs compatibility
    - su: Fix kernel panic on ODP1/2 on 5X/6P
    - su: Fix ODP1 compatibility on Pixel (XL)
    - launch_daemonsu: Revert previous ODP1 work-around
    - sukernel: Add option to patch out optional /data encryption (encryptable)
    - suinit: cleanup /boot
    - ZIP: Get boot image from fstab last-effort
    - ZIP: Add REMOVEENCRYPTABLE flag to force disable encryption on newer Samsung firmwares

23.03.2017 - v2.79 - SR4 (ODP1/6P/5X only)
    - ZIP: Fix slow /dev/random on some devices, apparently freezing install at "Creating image"
    - ZIP: Fix LD_LIBRARY_PATH for hex-patch execution
    - supolicy: Fix applying deferred allow rules
    - supolicy: Fix setting impossible XPERM causing policy corruption
    - supolicy: Add policies for ODP1
    - launch_daemonsu: Work-around kernel panic on ODP1 on 5X/6P. Forces service mode for ODP1 on all devices.

14.01.2017 - v2.79 - SR3
    - Fix erroneously deleting SuperSU's copy of app_process on 6.0 since 2.79-SR1
    - GUI: Fix app_process requirement detection when supersu context used
    - Fully eliminate sugote binary, no longer needed due to SELinux handling improvements in earlier versions
    - Support /system/xbin/sush as default shell
    - Adjust LD_PRELOAD filtering to exclude suhide's libraries
    - ZIP: Motorola: default to systemless mode

03.01.2017 - v2.79 - SR2
    - supolicy: fix some segfaults(NPEs) in pre-7.0 sepolicy handling
    - ZIP: write boot block device once instead of twice (@_alexndr)
    - (c) 2017 + CCMT

22.12.2016 - v2.79 - SR1
    - Expand Samsung detection
    - GUI: reworked portions to work with 'supersu' context on 7.0+
    - GUI: fix binary update notice when superuser disabled by user in some cases
    - su: reworked portions to work with 'supersu' context on 7.0+
    - su/GUI: improve responsiveness when device busy on 7.0+
    - sukernel: fix cpio restore failure with very short filenames
    - sukernel: no longer patches file_contexts(.bin)
    - sukernel: revert force seclabel (no longer needed with 'supersu' context)
    - supolicy: add "create", "auditallow", "auditdeny" policy commands
    - supolicy: support "*" for permission/range parameter of "allow", "deny", "auditallow", "auditdeny", "allowxperm" policy commands
    - supolicy: --live/--file no longer apply default patches if custom patches are supplied
    - supolicy: --sdk=X option added (required for 7.0+)
    - supolicy: reworked all SELinux rules for 7.0+, run as 'supersu' context
    - ZIP: Separate slotselect and system_root logic
    - ZIP: Adjust system/system_root device and mount-point detection
    - ZIP: Fix minor errors in documentation
    - ZIP/frp: Explicitly label /su

The old opening post can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

Older changelogs can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64916199&postcount=3