[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod TOUCH 5.5.0.4 v4.3 - (7/9/12)

Search This thread

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
This is gweedo767's touch recovery ported to the skyrocket/hercules. Because many people have been asking me what the difference between this one and the version that koush put out here is the difference:
  1. This one is open source.
  2. This one has swipe gestures (up,down,left,right)
  3. This one has different UI settings
  4. This one has soft keys on the bottom of the screen
  5. This one has 2 different options of font
Here is a youtube video I made of how it works: ------> VIDEO

4 ways to use recovery:
  1. volume rockers
  2. soft keys on bottom of screen
  3. capacitive buttons
  4. swipe gestures (up/down = scroll && left = back && right = select)

HOW TO INSTALL:
CWMR5504_INSTALL-4.3.zip (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> BLUE-FONT
CWMR5504_INSTALL-4.3.zip (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> ROBOTO-FONT
- Just flash in CWM

TERMINAL INSTALL:
recovery.img: (NEW ICS BACKGROUND) ----------------> BLUE-FONT
recovery.img: (NEW ICS BACKGROUND) ----------------> ROBOTO-FONT
- download to sdcard
- open terminal emulator (or adb) type:
Code:
$ su 
# dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 bs=4096

Odin Install
recovery.tar.md5 (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> BLUE-FONT
recovery.tar.md5 (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> ROBOTO-FONT

Test Drive:
CWMRT5504_TEST-4.3.zip(NEW ICS BACKGROUND): -------------------> BLUE-FONT
CWMRT5504_TEST-4.3.zip(NEW ICS BACKGROUND): -------------------> ROBOTO-FONT
(This will not alter ANY files on your phone. It is just a test drive basically. You flash it through ClockworkMod that you have already installed and it runs over it showing you how it would be if you did install it. Once you reboot you will still have the same recovery that you had.)

v1:
Code:
- Initial release

v2:
Code:
- fixed "back button disabled/enabled" when scrolling past top to bottom
- 2 different font versions (roboto and normal)
    -- roboto font is a little bigger
- complete fix of adb and usb mounting

v2.5:
Code:
- added a cool new ICS background! (thanks CyanmodICS for the idea)
- added green/red font versions
- cleaned up the code a bit

v3:
Code:
- in process of fixing hanging backup issue (need extensive list of apps people have installed when having issue)
- fixed ALOT of bugs
- added many more options for internal/external sdcard
- more....(i cant remember)
- i will add the other color options back in a few days

v3.5
Code:
- fixed recovery.fstab to mount internal sdcard as /sdcard to recognize .hidenandroidprogress file
- ascii art???

v4.0
Code:
- fixed the fix_permissions not working (thanks minotauri)
- fixed sd-ext and .android_secure errors in backup

v4.1
Code:
- re-arranged order of "install from internal/external sdcard" to put internal first
- added "Reboot Recovery" option to the bottom of the advanced menu
- a few code cleanups

v4.2
Code:
- fixed bug where background would reset to blank black after installing a zip/backing up/restoring
- added option to reboot into download mode in advanced>>reboot download mode

v4.3
Code:
- hopefully fixed the hanging backup bug once and for all
- merged all of CWM's latest code changes

Thanks to:
Code:
gweedo767
plastikman
utkanos
romracer

Last edited:

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
so i created a recovery.tar.md5 to flash through odin. I flashed it and it automatically booted back into android. Once i rebooted into recovery everything worked in there but when i tried to reboot it would only reboot back into recovery. i did a battery pull and waited a few minutes but it only booted into clockworkmod. I had to flash the original clockworkmod 5.5.0.2 i had before to be able to boot back into android. anyone have any ideas on why it gets stuck in a clockworkmod boot loop?

this is only for the recovery.tar.md5...not for the cwmrt5504.zip. just wanted to clarify that. the .zip file is completely safe and will not alter any files on your device when you flash it.

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
the zip file seems to work fine. restored a red sonja backup, then flashed another to try it out more. all went well.

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
so to everyone who has tried it out:

how do you feel about the sensitivity on the swipe gestures? up/down sensitivity? left/right sensitivity? does the sensitivity need to be lowered or raised or stay the same?

thanks

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
im going to create a recovery.tar.md5 that is flashable via Odin and will be a whole new recovery. but the one i have now gets stuck in a boot loop that only boots into recovery.

reubendevries

Jan 18, 2011
Langley
Problem with Scrolling...

For me obviously noticed the colours as well noticed that when I pushed Volume increase menu scrolled down and when I pushed Volume Decrease menu scrolled up. Anyone else get that issue... overall what is the difference between this and the other clockworkmod recovery... basically what is the benefit to flashing this over flashing the one that comes with ROM Manager....

Weird when I restarted my phone and went back into recovery it went back to CWM 5.0.2.7 is that what it's supposed to do?

Last edited:

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
i hadnt checked the volume rocker mappings yet. ill fix that. i just havent used anything but the swipe gestures.

the difference between this and the original one is that you do not need to touch any buttons. you swipe your finger up and down to scroll and swipe left to go back and swipe right to select. and there are the soft buttons on the bottom of the screen. basically there are 4 ways to move around and select and go back.

1.) volume rockers
2.) swipe gestures
3.) soft keys
4.) capacitive buttons

and i explained in the OP that it was a fakeflash. which means that it does not install it on your phone. thats the reason why you booted back into your original clockworkmod. i have an installable version but it is not ready yet. i do not want to release it yet because it could mess up your device.

Reactions: reubendevries

reubendevries

Jan 18, 2011
Langley
My Bad... I missed the fake flash... that's why you should read the entire comment I guess LOL... Anyways awesome thanks for the quick reply.

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
no problem. ive done that before. usually its when i get really excited about a new rom and i download it without reading the whole post and then something doesnt work with it and i get frustrated and realize they have a patch in the OP or something. haha

anyways, once i get the boot loop problem fixed i will make a recovery.tar.md5 that you can just flash in Odin and itll be an entirely new recovery installed

dabuttrumpet

Dec 20, 2011
So this is the same CWM just a touch screen version... aren't we using a version of CWM that is made for the regular galaxy s2? Isn't that why there are tons of problems with FC's because this CWM does not delete everything it is suppose to and we end up having to install the stock recovery to do a factory reset?

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
well this is the latest clockworkmod 5.5.0.4. the only other CWM i can find is 5.0.2.7. so its updated. not sure what the changelog is on that though. And this isnt a version that was made for the gs2. it was originally made for the galaxy nexus. Im pretty sure its the same source code as the code from the cm9 repo. Im not 100% sure on that though. ill have to ask gweedo.

Last edited:

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
and ive been using this recovery for about a week and have backed up/restored/flashed new roms/reset to factory/erase cache/dalvik all a few times and havent had any issues with it not deleting everything.

Fortune090

Jun 26, 2008
Also note, which is something that's also been an issue with the current CWM, Fix Permissions doesn't do a thing. Press it and it instantly tells you it's done. Should at least take a minute to get everything done. Just wanted to mention that this problem still exists. Definitely not at all any kind of dealbreakef, but I just don't get why any ports have worked for our devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is gweedo767's touch recovery ported to the skyrocket/hercules. Because many people have been asking me what the difference between this one and the version that koush put out here is the difference:
    1. This one is open source.
    2. This one has swipe gestures (up,down,left,right)
    3. This one has different UI settings
    4. This one has soft keys on the bottom of the screen
    5. This one has 2 different options of font
    Here is a youtube video I made of how it works: ------> VIDEO

4 ways to use recovery:
    1. volume rockers
    2. soft keys on bottom of screen
    3. capacitive buttons
    4. swipe gestures (up/down = scroll && left = back && right = select)

HOW TO INSTALL:
    CWMR5504_INSTALL-4.3.zip (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> BLUE-FONT
    CWMR5504_INSTALL-4.3.zip (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> ROBOTO-FONT
    - Just flash in CWM

TERMINAL INSTALL:
    recovery.img: (NEW ICS BACKGROUND) ----------------> BLUE-FONT
    recovery.img: (NEW ICS BACKGROUND) ----------------> ROBOTO-FONT
    - download to sdcard
    - open terminal emulator (or adb) type:
    Code:
    $ su 
    # dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 bs=4096

Odin Install
    recovery.tar.md5 (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> BLUE-FONT
    recovery.tar.md5 (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> ROBOTO-FONT

Test Drive:
    CWMRT5504_TEST-4.3.zip(NEW ICS BACKGROUND): -------------------> BLUE-FONT
    CWMRT5504_TEST-4.3.zip(NEW ICS BACKGROUND): -------------------> ROBOTO-FONT
    (This will not alter ANY files on your phone. It is just a test drive basically. You flash it through ClockworkMod that you have already installed and it runs over it showing you how it would be if you did install it. Once you reboot you will still have the same recovery that you had.)

v1:
    Code:
    - Initial release

v2:
    Code:
    - fixed "back button disabled/enabled" when scrolling past top to bottom
    - 2 different font versions (roboto and normal)
        -- roboto font is a little bigger
    - complete fix of adb and usb mounting

v2.5:
    Code:
    - added a cool new ICS background! (thanks CyanmodICS for the idea)
    - added green/red font versions
    - cleaned up the code a bit

v3:
    Code:
    - in process of fixing hanging backup issue (need extensive list of apps people have installed when having issue)
    - fixed ALOT of bugs
    - added many more options for internal/external sdcard
    - more....(i cant remember)
    - i will add the other color options back in a few days

v3.5
    Code:
    - fixed recovery.fstab to mount internal sdcard as /sdcard to recognize .hidenandroidprogress file
    - ascii art???

v4.0
    Code:
    - fixed the fix_permissions not working (thanks minotauri)
    - fixed sd-ext and .android_secure errors in backup

v4.1
    Code:
    - re-arranged order of "install from internal/external sdcard" to put internal first
    - added "Reboot Recovery" option to the bottom of the advanced menu
    - a few code cleanups

v4.2
    Code:
    - fixed bug where background would reset to blank black after installing a zip/backing up/restoring
    - added option to reboot into download mode in advanced>>reboot download mode

v4.3
    Code:
    - hopefully fixed the hanging backup bug once and for all
    - merged all of CWM's latest code changes

Thanks to:
    Code:
    gweedo767
    plastikman
    utkanos
    romracer
    created a github repo with the device tree im using and the bootable_recovery files im using if anyone wants to take a look.

https://github.com/sk8erwitskil

Thanks for all the work you've put into this. I've had quite a bit of experience with CWM (check my Atrix/Photon recoveries), so I took a crack at this. I figured it was a good base to start a device tree as well (see my github for my sources) that I could use for CM7/9.

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to build your touch CWM yet because I wanted to make sure my build environment worked properly for the SGS2SR. But I did build the ICS recovery from CM (5.5.0.4 no touch) successfully.

It can be grabbed here and flashed with Odin.

Inexperienced users, please do not trust your life to this or complain to me if it kills your dog. This is intended as a proof of concept for building a bootable recovery image (instead of fakeflash) that can be used going forward.

My next trick will be to determine the changes in your code over the base CWM 5.5.0.4 and cherry-pick those into my recovery sources. If you have any of this already done, it'd save me that extra work :)

Edit: I do intend to provide instructions on how I did this, but I want to get back on track first (building a touch recovery which this thread is for).
    Just uploaded version 1.3.3 of the Installer to the Market. AT&T Skyrocket support is a go!
    updated links to new v4.0
    yah i know its such a freaking hassle to have to have files in certain places and mount things just to make a backup. hopefully koush will update his cwm source to 5.8.1.3 soon so i can use it to make a good touch version