KEXEC RELEASED!!!!! Kernels for one and for all incoming.

Search This thread

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
THE GSM RAZR'S BOOTLOADER HAS BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK!
He said over on DroidRZR that he was able to successfully run an unsigned kernel on a GSM device (with one core working, but he's working on ironing that out now)!

If you wanna show him some love, you should vote for him in the poll so he can port it to CDMA (Verizon) RAZR's. :)
i'm glad to not trade my razr for a nexus now hehe!

awesome work kholk you're the one

vzscrd

Jun 2, 2009
Roxas City
In my country, there are so many RAZR users who sold their units because of the locked bootloader and opted for NEXUS, but i persist because i have faith, if there is a will, there is a way.....

Go kholk.... If only i can donate, but i am just a student....

bahathir

Feb 14, 2010
My wishlist. FM radio

Sent from my XT910 using XDA App

Last edited:

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
holy sh#t on a stick! this is AWESOME news! I can't wait to get some MIUI action going on my RAZR with a custom kernel! Kholk you are an absolute legend in the Android dev scene. I thank you very much. I will never thank Motorola for keeping their bootloaders locked.

MattyOnXperiaX10

Oct 16, 2011
Ejaculation :). I'm Taking it to far but it'd make my day, really. Coming from an xperia x10 with unlocked BL

Xperia x10(Feralabs Rom) After trying all roms it was my Fav.
Now on the RAZR.
I see you Drinking that ¥Hateraid¥

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Epic news.

I hope he wins the contest and it gets unlocked for our CDMA phones.

bonzai80

Apr 6, 2009
Munich
thumbs up, Kholk!!! without you "Moto" would be only "rola"
Maybe now i will keep the phone, without further developement i would have changed to the HTC one X in the Future...

Reactions: MattyOnXperiaX10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE GSM AND CDMA RAZR'S BOOTLOADERS HAVE BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK & [mbm]!
    See here for proof: http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9231/imag0002b.jpg

Only one core is working, but it's still smooth as hell. Can't wait to see what devs do with it!
    Download, source, and screenshots are here!
    Guys I've read something on there...
    Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
    The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)
    Guys, not only by me.

I'm actually not working alone but with [mbm], and he's an awesome developer.

Thanks anyway ;)
    Guys, sorry for the delay!
    We've decided to make it to be perfectly working and tested on CDMA RAZR and release it for both the XT910 (GSM) and XT912 (CDMA).

However, about the second core we've got a damn bad problem: since the OMAP4 in our device is working in Secure mode, making it to work will require some time and we'll probably release kexec prior fixing that problem.

In this week we will receive the CDMA RAZR, so, most probably, some days after receiving it we will be able to also release kexec.

I don't wanna give any sure ETA, but it should be released by the end of the week.
    KHOLK AND MBM ARE DOING WORK THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO/CAN DO.

Asking if it's bull****, calling him a fake, etc. etc. every two posts is not exactly something you should be spouting every two posts when someone is doing something as a favor to you. If you're skeptical then be skeptical, don't be like romdroid and post about it two times on every page. You're just annoying and you're probably giving kholk a headache. It's his choice to fill you in or to not fill you in. Wait patiently like everyone else. Be grateful that someone's stepping up to the plate. This is why most devs don't post on XDA anymore.