ICStock theme for Venue

Search This thread

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Hey guys,

I've seen some people asking for numbered battery mods for stock or StreakDroid4 2.5.0 ROMs so I put together a simple theme (thanks to UOT Kitchen) and wanted to share it with anyone who is interested.

The theme simply changes the look of status bar and the icons, battery, system menus, adds new Roboto font ( from ICS), ICS window animations and Blue Android boot animation. Also, due to Raven 2 kindly allowing us use some files from his theme, you will now get ICS-like Phone, Contacts, Gallery and Calendar apk. I'm attaching some screenshots so you can get a visual idea.

I'm running on StreakDroid4 2.5.0 but it may also work on the deodexed or stock 408 ROM.

As usual, I do not take any responsibility for any issues that the process may cause - proceed with caution :)

To install:

1.Download the zip file below
2. Flash via CWM

Big thanks to TheManii for his ROM and Raven 2 for letting us use his files in this theme.

Just in case you were wondering, the screen lock on the first image is Widgetlocker which isn't free, but you can download MagicLocker or MiLocker that have similar look for free. The launchers I used in the shots (just to show different looks) are Go Launcher EX (with ICS theme) and Espier Launcher both are free too. Also shown and used is another free app - Widgetsoid.

(Updated) Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43165183/ICStockNew.zip

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20120209092350.jpg
    20120209092350.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 20120209090940.jpg
    20120209090940.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 20120209091007.jpg
    20120209091007.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 20120209195130.jpg
    20120209195130.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 20120209202715.jpg
    20120209202715.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 20120209194853.jpg
    20120209194853.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 20120209171204.jpg
    20120209171204.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 20120209171002.jpg
    20120209171002.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 20120209171540.jpg
    20120209171540.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 20120209171258.jpg
    20120209171258.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

RAVEN 2

Nov 21, 2011
Daejeon
Also, if Raven ever comes back to the site I would like to ask him if we can use his themed Phone and Contacts apks that have an ICS look and I will include it in this theme.

you can use my ICS LOOK Phone.apk and Contants.apk

ICS LOOK Phone.apk and Contants.apk files in SB Theme:)

I fix some apps icon looks like ICS

[Download]

this file has Calendar.apk Contacts.apk Gallery3D.apk Mms.apk Phone.apk Settings.apk

install way is same.

Sorry language, It is my limit.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: MJW

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010

[Download]

this file has Calendar.apk Contacts.apk Gallery3D.apk Mms.apk Phone.apk Settings.apk

install way is same.

Your language is fine, no worries. Thanks for letting us use your files. I'm going to update the OP and attach the new theme file.

Reactions: Dell Venue

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
I'll try it out on my deoxed 408 and see how it goes. I just put TeamDRH ICS on my Viewsonic GTab (no thanks to Viewsonic - you suck) and would like a consistent interface across devices :)

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
It works great! I flashed with CWM, cleared cache & delvik, and fixed permissions for good measure. I especially like the battery icon. Now to find a way to port ICS over to this and we will be set. Maybe our new Korean friends are working on that?

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
It works great! I flashed with CWM, cleared cache & delvik, and fixed permissions for good measure. I especially like the battery icon. Now to find a way to port ICS over to this and we will be set. Maybe our new Korean friends are working on that?

Nice, glad to hear that. Yes, I agree about ICS port or a new ROM from our Korean friends would be great. I think one of their main contributors Kukjin11 is going to upload his ROM in a couple of days, so we will see from there :)

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
hey guys iam having the 408 olleh gb running on my phone with ravens theam on top of it..

can i upgrade it to ics them here.. if yes do i have to rename the file that has been given here....

if possible can some one please write the steps since iam very new to this stuff...

thanks alot guys..

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
hey crainz,

Do you have CWM installed? Are you on deodexed stock 408 ROM created by TheManii? The theme was based on deodexed ROM files from StreakDroid4 2.5.0 (which I use) and I believe it works on the deodexed 408 stock - both of which put together by TheManii. I don't know for sure if it works with a normal odexed ROM - so let's hear from TheManii or anyone else who can verify.

If you have CWM installed, you can easily flash files, like the StreakDroid4 2.5.0 which is basically stock with tweaks and debranded (so no Olleh stuff:)) and then flash my theme. I recommend you install Titanium backup and back up your apps and data so when you install a new ROM you can restore (or import) you saved data like passwords, shortcuts, game levels, and so on.

Edit: Here's the XDA Wiki page that TheManii created which has the links to SD4 2.5.0 and CWM Recovery downloads:

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Venue/ROMs

Last edited:

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
hi crainz

Thanks a lot for the information...
Rightn now i have the Olleh rom which was given to me by raven

originally i had the stock rom

Android 2.2
Baseband Version GTOUB1A130400-AWS
kernal version : 2.6.32.9-perf
Build number : 13040

Now it shows

Android 2.3.3
Baseband Version GTOUB1A140814-AWS
kernal version 2.3.35.7-perf
build number 20707

i have installed the rom from this link that was given to me by RAVEN
http://205.196.123.33/kobdqv9ci72g/fcubk6gamvc3s65/Thunder_408_20707_14.pkg

I took all the instructions from RAVEN and did the upgrade
the details of which are listed in this post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1441614&page=5

Can u please check and help me to install StreakDroid4 2.5.0 so that i can install the ICS after that.. if possible....

I have CWM 5.5.0.4 installed on my phone...

just want to check if i install the StreakDroid4 2.5.0 on top of the image that i have will it cause any issues....

Last edited:

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
hi crainz

Thanks a lot for the information...
Rightn now i have the Olleh rom which was given to me by raven

originally i had the stock rom

Android 2.2
Baseband Version GTOUB1A130400-AWS
kernal version : 2.6.32.9-perf
Build number : 13040

Now it shows

Android 2.3.3
Baseband Version GTOUB1A140814-AWS
kernal version 2.3.35.7-perf
build number 20707

i have installed the rom from this link that was given to me by RAVEN
http://205.196.123.33/kobdqv9ci72g/fcubk6gamvc3s65/Thunder_408_20707_14.pkg

I took all the instructions from RAVEN and did the upgrade
the details of which are listed in this post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1441614&page=5

Can u please check and help me to install StreakDroid4 2.5.0 so that i can install the ICS after that.. if possible....

I have CWM 5.5.0.4 installed on my phone...

just want to check if i install the StreakDroid4 2.5.0 on top of the image that i have will it cause any issues....

If you have CWM installed then you can go ahead and install StreakDroid4 2.5.0. However, you would need to do a factory reset first so back your data up using Titanium Backup (this is a free version) and then you can restore all your apps and data once you flashed SD4. After that just flash ICStock theme and you're good to go.;)

Last edited:

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
Thank a lot for the information streak4m3

Just 2 more question before i start the process of upgrade.

1. when i installed the CWM using this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423002
Ans started the phone i was able to get the CWM to work. But once i shut down the phone again and try
You switch mute to OFF hold both volume buttons down and power on. You will see a menu with 3 options, choose the one to upgrage SW package and choose with the camera button.
iam getting the Blue colour screen. iam not getting the CWM options.
Is this how it is suppose to work or am i doing something wrong.

2.Once i have flashed StreakDroid4 2.5.0 after renaming the file to upgrade.pkg.how do i flash the ICS theam?? IF you could kindly give me the steps that would be great..

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Thank a lot for the information streak4m3

Just 2 more question before i start the process of upgrade.

1. when i installed the CWM using this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423002
Ans started the phone i was able to get the CWM to work. But once i shut down the phone again and try
You switch mute to OFF hold both volume buttons down and power on. You will see a menu with 3 options, choose the one to upgrage SW package and choose with the camera button.
iam getting the Blue colour screen. iam not getting the CWM options.
Is this how it is suppose to work or am i doing something wrong.

2.Once i have flashed StreakDroid4 2.5.0 after renaming the file to upgrade.pkg.how do i flash the ICS theam?? IF you could kindly give me the steps that would be great..

OK, first of all you're not supposed to rename SD4 2.5.0 to update.pkg :)

Let's make sure I understand you correctly. You're saying that you have (or had) CWM installed and you verified that it works (worked), right? That means that you can (could) get to CWM recovery and see all the options, like: reboot system, install zip, wipe cache partition, advanced and so on, correct?

Are you now saying you can't get to CWM recovery? That it somehow goes to Dell stock recovery option which is blue (I think)? CWM mode has blue color text too so that's why it is a little bit confusing.

If you somehow lost CWM recovery just install it again and then simply flash SD4 2.5.0

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
i have seen the option that come with CWM reboot system, install zip, wipe cache partition, advanced and so on...

This comes once i have installed it using the instruction listed in the post...
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1423002

i even was able to create a back up the rom on my system using CWM.. which got listed in the sdcard as well.

but once i shutdown the phone and start it again i dont get that CWM again it comes up with the blue dell flash tool.(which is in blue colour again) just like CWM

Just wanted to know if this is the same that happens in you case as well or are you able to get CWM evertime.
(if i install it again Iam able to get it to work once and them again back to the dell flash screen)

Just wanted to know if there is a way by which we can get it permenantly to work without having to flast it again and again..

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
i have seen the option that come with CWM reboot system, install zip, wipe cache partition, advanced and so on...

This comes once i have installed it using the instruction listed in the post...
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1423002

i even was able to create a back up the rom on my system using CWM.. which got listed in the sdcard as well.

but once i shutdown the phone and start it again i dont get that CWM again it comes up with the blue dell flash tool.(which is in blue colour again) just like CWM

Just wanted to know if this is the same that happens in you case as well or are you able to get CWM evertime.
(if i install it again Iam able to get it to work once and them again back to the dell flash screen)

Just wanted to know if there is a way by which we can get it permenantly to work without having to flast it again and again..

CWM should be there every time - it's a permanent thing. You can install it again and flash SD4 2.5.0 during that one time that you can get into CWM recovery.

Last edited:

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
hey

Here is what i did. I flashed SD4 2.5.0 on my phone using CWM.. all went well

Then i flashed your ICS theme.. and restarted the phone.. that went well as well.

But what i did after that was i reset the phone to default using the option in settings.

The phone just stoped working completly.

It got stuck at the Blue Andriod startup... I tryed to do the process all over again...

No luck.... I think i have messed up my phone completly.

But before i started doing all this what i did was i took a back up of my phone using CMW..

So when restored the system back all came back using CWM the phone was back and working again...

What did i do wrong..... and is there any better way of doing this???

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
hey

Here is what i did. I flashed SD4 2.5.0 on my phone using CWM.. all went well

Then i flashed your ICS theme.. and restarted the phone.. that went well as well.

But what i did after that was i reset the phone to default using the option in settings.

The phone just stoped working completly.

It got stuck at the Blue Andriod startup... I tryed to do the process all over again...

No luck.... I think i have messed up my phone completly.

But before i started doing all this what i did was i took a back up of my phone using CMW..

So when restored the system back all came back using CWM the phone was back and working again...

What did i do wrong..... and is there any better way of doing this???

Not really sure what exactly may have happened in your situation. So are you up and running again? And why did you want to do a factory reset after flashing SD4 2.5.0?;)

If you're phone is not up and runing right now then you need to get to CWM if you can and just reflash SD4 and the theme. If you can't get to CWM, then you need to restore your phone using TheManii's steps in his thread for unbricking your phone (basically you would need to flash via fastboot options).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I've seen some people asking for numbered battery mods for stock or StreakDroid4 2.5.0 ROMs so I put together a simple theme (thanks to UOT Kitchen) and wanted to share it with anyone who is interested.

The theme simply changes the look of status bar and the icons, battery, system menus, adds new Roboto font ( from ICS), ICS window animations and Blue Android boot animation. Also, due to Raven 2 kindly allowing us use some files from his theme, you will now get ICS-like Phone, Contacts, Gallery and Calendar apk. I'm attaching some screenshots so you can get a visual idea.

I'm running on StreakDroid4 2.5.0 but it may also work on the deodexed or stock 408 ROM.

As usual, I do not take any responsibility for any issues that the process may cause - proceed with caution :)

To install:

1.Download the zip file below
    2. Flash via CWM

Big thanks to TheManii for his ROM and Raven 2 for letting us use his files in this theme.

Just in case you were wondering, the screen lock on the first image is Widgetlocker which isn't free, but you can download MagicLocker or MiLocker that have similar look for free. The launchers I used in the shots (just to show different looks) are Go Launcher EX (with ICS theme) and Espier Launcher both are free too. Also shown and used is another free app - Widgetsoid.

(Updated) Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43165183/ICStockNew.zip

Thanks!
    Cool, let me know how it works/looks. It isn't the actual ICS UI but the color scheme and other mods at least remind you of one :)
    Also, if Raven ever comes back to the site I would like to ask him if we can use his themed Phone and Contacts apks that have an ICS look and I will include it in this theme.

[Download]

install way is same.

[Download]

install way is same.

Your language is fine, no worries. Thanks for letting us use your files. I'm going to update the OP and attach the new theme file.