[Q] Need help to put on GSM only mode

Search This thread

irbaaz

Aug 5, 2011
indore
HI,
I am using ls980 on android 4.4.2 unlocked

1. I want to put my phone on GSM only mode , i tried everything nothing seems working neither any app from play store is working , I am rooted.
2. Can I downgrade or upgrade my phone and still have phone unlocked ( i bought it unlocked and dont have code to unlock it again )

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
whats up man, try this out, go to settings
tethering & networks
Mobile Networks
Third one down should be, Network mode
open network mode, set GSM/UMTS

I wanted to note, I edited my build.prop, ro.telephony.default_network = 3,
I have advanced signal status installed from the playstore, set to GSM auto (PRL)
My Preferred network mode: GSM/WCDMA according to the phone. Best of luck!!

Last edited:

irbaaz

Aug 5, 2011
indore
your phone is not supported

tethering & networks
Mobile Networks

I have advanced signal status installed from the playstore, set to GSM auto (PRL)

I wanr gsm only no umts preferred
Advance signal syatus under phine information giving your phone is not supported

How to do gsm only?
Is editing build.prop will do the trick?

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
yes editing the build.prop, default_network will make the phone connect to GSM auto (PRL) upon boot up

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
tethering & networks
Mobile Networks

can you tell me if i want to change my network to GSM/WCDMA in my zvc update. what i have to do ? do i have to change ro.telephony.default_network = 3 or anything else ?

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
Yes, just set it in the build.prop, yes 3 will give you gsm/wcdma

i have done it and it's now showing WCDMA Preferred in the network menu. but what about sign it's only showing GSM on the notification panel not showing 3g or anything and also tell me how to know if my internet is on 3g or 2g ? and what is the number of WCDMA only not WCDMA/GSM ?

irbaaz

Aug 5, 2011
indore
i have done it and it's now showing WCDMA Preferred in the network menu. but what about sign it's only showing GSM on the notification panel not showing 3g or anything and also tell me how to know if my internet is on 3g or 2g ? and what is the number of WCDMA only not WCDMA/GSM ?

For gsm only number is 3 but in network it will show wcdma/gsm but you must be on gsm only , check network under about yo see which network you are getting

Tell me what steps you did if you got success without bricking your device

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
For gsm only number is 3 but in network it will show wcdma/gsm but you must be on gsm only , check network under about yo see which network you are getting

Tell me what steps you did if you got success without bricking your device

i have done it to number 3 it's showing WCDMA Preferred. but i dont want to use gsm i want to use WCDMA Only. don't know the number which i have to put there for WCDMA. and my mobile is working fine after restarting it and on this 3 number value

irbaaz

Aug 5, 2011
indore
i have done it to number 3 it's showing WCDMA Preferred. but i dont want to use gsm i want to use WCDMA Only. don't know the number which i have to put there for WCDMA. and my mobile is working fine after restarting it and on this 3 number value

ro.telephony.default_network
0 = WCDMA Perfered
1 = GSM Only
2 = WCDMA Only
3 = GSM/WCDMA (auto mode, according to PRL)
4 = CDMA / EVDO. Perfered