Nougat is coming

Search This thread

sensi277

Jun 25, 2013
EDIT: The official announcement post has been taken down, I have contacted ASUS officially and am awaiting a response.

EDIT 2: I just got an email back from them, contents were as follows:
Dear [redacted],

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is [redacted] and I understand that you are having issue with the Android 7.0 Nougat update.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and I’ll be more than happy to help you in getting this resolved.

Unfortunately ASUS offices within the United States and Canada cannot comment on post from other regions, The ZE520KL and ZE552KL are not our NA region phones at the time.

I would pass the case to the Global Product team and would contact you once they provide me the related information.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again for assistance.

Best Regards,
[Redacted]

EDIT 3: ASUS on the Android Nougat update for the Zenfone 3: "The update is currently on hold".

EDIT 4: What ASUS knows, ASUS does not tell...
Hello [redacted]

After checking, we will release the Android N release schedule as soon as possible, please pay attention on our official news.

Please make note of your case number for future reference: [redacted]

Regards,
[redacted]

EDIT 5: IT'S HERE!!!

Original Post is as follows:

TL;DR

* Nougat already released in Philippines (official source, taken down - see above), worldwide release likely in the works.
* Update available for ZE550KL and ZE552KL (Zenfone 3 5.2" & 5.5")
* Notification panel, system UI and ZenUI Keyboard overhauled, more translucency and more stock-like UI in addition to standard Nougat additions

Screenshots:

android-nougat-zenfone-3.jpg

android-nougat-zenfone-3-3.jpg

android-nougat-zenfone-31.jpg

android-nougat-zenfone-32.jpg

android-nougat-zenfone-34.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: adhiduzz and nta139

motherninja

May 13, 2011
Paris Van Djava
If/when I get the update (I'm in Canada, so might take a while) I'll try to capture the URL for the OTA. No promises for the full ROM link.

Thank you! OTA would be enough as currently, I'm in the latest version FW (WW 152). BTW, can you share on how to capture the OTA link from System Update? Who knows I get it first (I'm in Indonesia), I will try to also share the link here.

sensi277

Jun 25, 2013
Thank you! OTA would be enough as currently, I'm in the latest version FW (WW 152). BTW, can you share on how to capture the OTA link from System Update? Who knows I get it first (I'm in Indonesia), I will try to also share the link here.

There are plenty of tutorials online, you can do it over ADB or (maybe?) a network packet sniffer.

marcosrm

Dec 27, 2016
Nougat is rolling out... for beta testers

in Zentalk's Forum, beta testers are reporting Nougat Rolling out

Blackrose110

Jul 19, 2014
Do you know if the smaller version of the Zenfone 3 (ZE520KL) is getting the update too? It's not included in the beta testing but the two devices always get the same updates on the same date.

motherninja

May 13, 2011
Paris Van Djava
I heard this update is only rolled out to registered beta testers for time being. So, regular users should wait a bit more until around early or mid Feb...

sensi277

Jun 25, 2013
Just added more info to my TLDR post. ASUS hasn't given me an answer yet, although they have promised to contact me again shortly with a real answer for me to share here with you guys.

Top Liked Posts