Cerberus + HTC One = Many Crashes

Search This thread

jasunto

Mar 24, 2007
Anyone else using Cerberus? When i change some settings the phone reboots. It also never takes a pic on incorrect password on lockscreen.

sa.guly10

Feb 8, 2013
I use cerebrus on my unlocked unrooted HTC One. Works perfectly, flawlessly,without any crashes

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
If you're using stock kernel then yes, it will reboot on settings save. This happens because Cerberus writes the settings to an xml file in /system/etc so that it can still function even after a factory reset (which wipes data but not system.)

Problem is the stock kernel blocks remount rw and writes to the system partition, thus the reboot.

You'll need to find a custom kernel with rw enabled.

sa.guly10

Feb 8, 2013
I am running complete stock. Cerebrus works perfectly without any reboots. It even sends me an email of the person as soon as someone enters a wrong unlock code

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

jasunto

Mar 24, 2007
Maybe I'll install the flash zip style one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
installed from the Play store and no crashes..I would like to install it was a system app but I will wait abit yet.. I just went to the pc site,,and sent the command to hide the app from the app drawer for now

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
installed from the Play store and no crashes..I would like to install it was a system app but I will wait abit yet.. I just went to the pc site,,and sent the command to hide the app from the app drawer for now

You can do that from within the app, but you want to make sure you reset the dial code to something you remember too.