[App] *TrackMe* GPS Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps. Now avail. for WP7!

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
[App] *TrackMe* GPS Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps. Now avail. for WP7!

screenshots4in1small.png

HISTORY

TrackMe is the conversion of the popular tool written originally for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. This version of Windows Phone 7 still doesn't have all the features than the original one, but if people keep interested I will continue adding them periodically. You can find the original thread for TrackMe here

WHAT IS TRACKME?

TrackMe is a GPS tracker. It uses the location services on your phone to retrieve your current position. That information is later used for displaying tracks (realtime or pre-recorded) with Google Earth, Google Maps or other tools.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

TrackMe uploads your data to a server. If you don't have an internet connection or you prefer not to use it while you are tracking, you can store your data locally on your phone and upload it later when an internet connection is available. You can use my server (free of charge) for uploading your data. TrackMe is already configured to use this server by default.

HOW CAN I VIEW MY DATA?

Once your data is uploaded you can view it by going to http://luisespinosa.com/trackme and using the web viewer for Google Maps developed by the community. You can also export your data to a KML or GPX file and use Google Earth or any other tool that accepts that format. Remember that you cannot view or export your data until is has been uploaded to the server.

WHAT'S NEXT?

As I mentioned there are still many features that are not available for WP7 yet. If there is enough demand I will keep working on this tool. Some of these features are the ability to upload pictures (extracting the GPS data and match them with your existing positions), force updates with your own custom icons and comments, extended trip summary information, send your location by email/sms, Geofence and many more.

I hope you enjoy this tool. If you have any comments or want to contribute please use one of the links located in the About screen.

DOWNLOAD
Click here to download

HOW TO USE YOUR OWN SERVER
Click here for instructions

CUSTOM WEB VIEWER DEVELOPMENT AND USER PLUGINS
Click here to visit the thread

Google Earth:

gecomb.jpg

Google Maps:

gm1.jpg

Web browser viewer
By pammetje, mcross and jcleek

jcleek1.jpg

Last edited:

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
Seems very cool, could perhaps use this as a way to find your phone if you lose it or it gets stolen

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: _LEM_

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
If you guys like TrackMe, do you think you can help me by promoting the app by writing some reviews in the WP7 marketplace? You don't have to give me 5 stars, just what you consider to be fair.

There is a guy who just uploaded an app called Track_Me that has nothing to do with me and he posted a negative comment for mine. It just says 'so bad'.
Very stupid doing that, because it's so easy to trace it and find out he is a developer.

Thanks

Pxoeb6mU

Sep 1, 2009
Brisbane
I've been using TrackMe on my HTC Touch Cruise for a long time and have been very happy with it.

But nowadays I'm using an Android phone and haven't found anything working quite as well as TrackMe did. I guess you haven't got any plans to also produce an Android version?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I've been using TrackMe on my HTC Touch Cruise for a long time and have been very happy with it.

But nowadays I'm using an Android phone and haven't found anything working quite as well as TrackMe did. I guess you haven't got any plans to also produce an Android version?

We are discussing that right now in the WM's TrackMe thread. You can take a look by going to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=340667

arvicor

Dec 16, 2007
Wonderful application!
Will get a WP7 device in November and was afraid to loose TrackMe - but I'm rescued! THanks a lot and keep on developing!

arvicor

Dec 16, 2007
Thanks! I hope you have fun with the program.

Actually, after installing and trying it, TrackMe fails to upload data.
<LOG>
[07:50:41] Uploading 48.xxx,11.xxx(~230m off)...
[07:50:42] Data truncated for column 'Latitude' at row 1
</LOG>

Is there a problem with my MySQL server? Have you changed the data structure?

Any help would be very appriciated!

Best regards! :confused:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Actually, after installing and trying it, TrackMe fails to upload data.
<LOG>
[07:50:41] Uploading 48.xxx,11.xxx(~230m off)...
[07:50:42] Data truncated for column 'Latitude' at row 1
</LOG>

Is there a problem with my MySQL server? Have you changed the data structure?

Any help would be very appriciated!

Best regards! :confused:

I think that problem is related to the regional settings on your phone. I will check it out. Thanks for letting me know.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
My phone is set to German/Germany.
Problem occurs on another device, too.

Thanks ahead :)

I have tried changing to those regional settings and I don't get the error.
I think the problem is with your MySQL database. I have the impression that the old TrackMe sends the lat/long like x.xxxxx
This new version may send more decimals. Maybe you can make some changes on your MySQL server to accept more. That should resolve the problem.

Please let me know if you try. Thanks

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
This error only seems to happen to people using their own servers. If the server is configured to use regional settings that uses a comma instead of a dot, it will cause this problem.
At this moment I don't know when I will fix that problem. I thought it was going to be a quick fix but after trying it seems to be something very delicate so I will have to spend more time on it.

So far I haven't seen too much interest on TrackMe for WP7, so I don't plan to fix this problem for now, specially because only happens to people using their own servers.
If people start showing more interest in the future for this app, this will be the first fix that I will include in the next version.
Sorry about that! :(

hometownnerd

May 29, 2007
Google Pixel 6
This is the reason I am considering VERY STRONGLY to go WP7

I have been waiting to make the move from WM6.5 to either Android or WP7 and now that I have seen this, I am very strongly leaning towards WP7 finally, I bike and this app makes it possible for my family to see where I am and see if something may have gone terribly wrong or even find my phone if it were to fall. I would love for this app to continue to be developed very much.

Just wanted to let you know there are a few of us WP7 users that are wanting this app and wanting to tell you THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!:D

Larry

Reactions: _LEM_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

screenshots4in1small.png

HISTORY

TrackMe is the conversion of the popular tool written originally for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. This version of Windows Phone 7 still doesn't have all the features than the original one, but if people keep interested I will continue adding them periodically. You can find the original thread for TrackMe here

WHAT IS TRACKME?

TrackMe is a GPS tracker. It uses the location services on your phone to retrieve your current position. That information is later used for displaying tracks (realtime or pre-recorded) with Google Earth, Google Maps or other tools.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

TrackMe uploads your data to a server. If you don't have an internet connection or you prefer not to use it while you are tracking, you can store your data locally on your phone and upload it later when an internet connection is available. You can use my server (free of charge) for uploading your data. TrackMe is already configured to use this server by default.

HOW CAN I VIEW MY DATA?

Once your data is uploaded you can view it by going to http://luisespinosa.com/trackme and using the web viewer for Google Maps developed by the community. You can also export your data to a KML or GPX file and use Google Earth or any other tool that accepts that format. Remember that you cannot view or export your data until is has been uploaded to the server.

WHAT'S NEXT?

As I mentioned there are still many features that are not available for WP7 yet. If there is enough demand I will keep working on this tool. Some of these features are the ability to upload pictures (extracting the GPS data and match them with your existing positions), force updates with your own custom icons and comments, extended trip summary information, send your location by email/sms, Geofence and many more.

I hope you enjoy this tool. If you have any comments or want to contribute please use one of the links located in the About screen.

DOWNLOAD
    Click here to download

HOW TO USE YOUR OWN SERVER
    Click here for instructions

CUSTOM WEB VIEWER DEVELOPMENT AND USER PLUGINS
    Click here to visit the thread

Google Earth:

gecomb.jpg

Google Maps:

gm1.jpg

Web browser viewer
    By pammetje, mcross and jcleek

jcleek1.jpg
    Seems very cool, could perhaps use this as a way to find your phone if you lose it or it gets stolen

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk
    Nice! Used this on my 6.5 device! ;)
    Thx!
    This is the reason I am considering VERY STRONGLY to go WP7

I have been waiting to make the move from WM6.5 to either Android or WP7 and now that I have seen this, I am very strongly leaning towards WP7 finally, I bike and this app makes it possible for my family to see where I am and see if something may have gone terribly wrong or even find my phone if it were to fall. I would love for this app to continue to be developed very much.

Just wanted to let you know there are a few of us WP7 users that are wanting this app and wanting to tell you THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!:D

Larry
    I have used it on my new HTC Trophy

Just wanted to let you know, I have used this on the HTC Trophy and it worked flawlessly, and this is with my own server, it had my track very accurately which is quite impressive. I will use it a bit more this weekend and give you some more feedback, I just wanted you to know I had in fact used it and loved it. One feature I would like to see, is the ability to only upload the data on a schedule to save battery life, so like only upload data every 2 minutes or so, so store the entries every so many feet and then when you have gone 2 minutes or whatever time frame is set it will upload all entries since last update. Is that a reason to not use this, HECK NO! The app is great, just throwing it out there.

Thanks _LEM_ and Luis for this great app!!!:D

Larry