Search This thread

jbaggs

Apr 15, 2013
Hi guys

@thunderbolt128
@IAmTheDarkOne
@OrionBG
@amascelloni @hsarao

I noticed this is how people on the p30 pro forums having been getting out of the softbrick situation with the great help of @SilviuO.

I noticed the the dload files for EMUI 10 EVR-L29 (C636) have been released
https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=174717
@tboy2000 think you were after this https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=174716

If we can get someone to download it and link to it it might get the ball rolling on unbricking. Apologies if this isn't the software for you but if you can think of anyone else that you read softbricking tag them here.

Good luck

Last edited:

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Hi guys

@thunderbolt128
@IAmTheDarkOne
@OrionBG
@amascelloni @hsarao

I noticed this is how people on the p30 pro forums having been getting out of the softbrick situation with the great help of @SilviuO.

@tboy2000 think you were after this https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=174716

If we can get someone to download it and link to it it might get the ball rolling on unbricking. Apologies if this isn't the software for you but if you can think of anyone else that you read softbricking tag them here.

Good luck

Thanks for sharing this! Unfortunately I'm with an EVR-AL00C00 so I'll have to wait some more until somebody leaks the dload files for this model...

Jun 20, 2018
Hi guys

@thunderbolt128
@IAmTheDarkOne
@OrionBG
@amascelloni @hsarao

Good luck

Ok will update

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FRQlfroDTNq_Bby3mT-tUZ5SCaXmdxJQ

I successfully unbricked a C636 SPCSEAS with this file.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

As a general reminder, PLEASE COPY THIS TO YOUR OWN DRIVE so the bandwidth doesn't die. If someone could reupload to AndroidFileHost, please do because I don't have an account and can't make one for whatever reason.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dTeuQlt_NT-o5TyRjUsJ2fp3eL1q6nfO

C432 hw_eu unbrick, same, please copy to your own Google Drive

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I will delete the files as soon as someone manages to put them on another hosting site.

Reactions: jbmc83 and hsarao

Limeybastard

Ok will update

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FRQlfroDTNq_Bby3mT-tUZ5SCaXmdxJQ

I successfully unbricked a C636 SPCSEAS with this file.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

As a general reminder, PLEASE COPY THIS TO YOUR OWN DRIVE so the bandwidth doesn't die. If someone could reupload to AndroidFileHost, please do because I don't have an account and can't make one for whatever reason.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dTeuQlt_NT-o5TyRjUsJ2fp3eL1q6nfO

C432 hw_eu unbrick, same, please copy to your own Google Drive

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I will delete the files as soon as someone manages to put them on another hosting site.
Bet you're grinning like a Cheshire cat now.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

jbaggs

Apr 15, 2013

Had to change the cust and preload name for anything to happen. Flashes eventually but on restart still get different operating software error.

@SilviuO any suggestions?

Fastboot tells me I'm on 9.1.0.129 C636, however I have EMUI 10 recovery. Is there a way to find out what base, cust and preload you're on on a soft bricked device?

Last edited:

hsarao

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks guys for the download link. I checked my build number using fastboot and it says EVR-L29 9.1.0.347(C636E3R1P11). Does this mean my Phone has still got EMUI 9 in softbrick state? Or is this the build number for the erecovery?

PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :EVR-L29 9.1.0.347(C636E3R1P11)
OKAY [ 0.016s]
Finished. Total time: 0.033s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/spcseas
Finished. Total time: 0.020s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.004s]
Finished. Total time: 0.018s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe getvar rescue_enter_recovery
getvar:rescue_enter_recovery FAILED (remote: 'FAIL:need all image flashed!')
PS C:\platform-tools>
.\fastboot.exe oem get-product-model
(bootloader) EVR-L29
OKAY [ 0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.015s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe getvar rescue_phoneinfo
(bootloader) main version do not exist in oeminfo!
rescue_phoneinfo: NO MAIN VERSION
Finished. Total time: 0.035s

Limeybastard

Thanks for sharing this! Unfortunately I'm with an EVR-AL00C00 so I'll have to wait some more until somebody leaks the dload files for this model...
It's there dude. Screenshot_20191220_172543_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Reactions: jbmc83
Jun 20, 2018
It's there dude.View attachment 4906953

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bxi9YBksFxT2P-tFoAMXazAgFz731LqN

Here it is, dude :p

Still waiting on AFH to approve my "developer" account so if any of you have one, please upload it there!

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Thanks guys for the download link. I checked my build number using fastboot and it says EVR-L29 9.1.0.347(C636E3R1P11). Does this mean my Phone has still got EMUI 9 in softbrick state? Or is this the build number for the erecovery?

PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :EVR-L29 9.1.0.347(C636E3R1P11)
OKAY [ 0.016s]
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/spcseas
Finished. Total time: 0.020s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.004s]
Finished. Total time: 0.018s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe getvar rescue_enter_recovery
getvar:rescue_enter_recovery FAILED (remote: 'FAIL:need all image flashed!')
PS C:\platform-tools>
.\fastboot.exe oem get-product-model
(bootloader) EVR-L29
OKAY [ 0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.015s
PS C:\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe getvar rescue_phoneinfo
(bootloader) main version do not exist in oeminfo!
rescue_phoneinfo: NO MAIN VERSION
Finished. Total time: 0.035s

That means the CUST and vendor partitions are still 9.1. That's why it keeps acting like it has unofficial firmware.

And a hint about the DLOAD, if your phone does not show the drive/shows only eRecovery, you need to power it down and connect it to your PC while pressing/cramming the volume up button, then disconnect, followed by connecting your OTG drive to your phone.

I did it with exFAT and it worked perfectly. I could hardly believe it but I am so happy to have my phone back -- nothing against the Pixel 3a that I got on sale that I used in the interim (although it is slow as **** in comparison).

Reactions: oslo83 and jbmc83

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
this is very good news guys, im happy for y'all with bricked M20X devices :) also soothes the mind to know there is a solution IF smth like this happens to anyone else of us.

just please be sure to make the files permanently available on a file hoster!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 X EVR-AL00 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Limeybastard

jbaggs

Apr 15, 2013
I'm stuck in all kinds of hell, think im genuinely screwed.

Using DC Phoneix software as it helps to what flashes successfully compared with OTG mode.

My model is EVR AL00 and fastboot say 9.1.0.139 C636.

Base EVR AL00 flashes fine but cust fails. Tried AL00 base and L29 cust both flash successfully but error on reboot.

hsarao

Mar 4, 2008
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bxi9YBksFxT2P-tFoAMXazAgFz731LqN

Here it is, dude :p

Still waiting on AFH to approve my "developer" account so if any of you have one, please upload it there!

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

That means the CUST and vendor partitions are still 9.1. That's why it keeps acting like it has unofficial firmware.

And a hint about the DLOAD, if your phone does not show the drive/shows only eRecovery, you need to power it down and connect it to your PC while pressing/cramming the volume up button, then disconnect, followed by connecting your OTG drive to your phone.

I did it with exFAT and it worked perfectly. I could hardly believe it but I am so happy to have my phone back -- nothing against the Pixel 3a that I got on sale that I used in the interim (although it is slow as **** in comparison).

Thanks for the information @thunderbolt128 . I have a NM card in Mate 20 X. I was thinking of using it instead of OTG USB drive. Will that be OK as lot of people talk about using the OTG drives.

Also need a bit of advice regarding my personal dilemma. Due to my stupidity of not using cloud backup, I have my new born son's picture on this soft bricked phone. As you can imagine, these are really invaluable for me. Do you think that my phone can be un-bricked by erecovery EMUI 10, when its hopefully released for OTA erecovery? We have to take into account that my phone is in this weird state where CUST and vendor partitions are still EMUI 9.1 and may be the base got updated to EMUI 10. I do not know how to check the base partition version using fastboot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the information @thunderbolt128 . I have a NM card in Mate 20 X. I was thinking of using it instead of OTG USB drive. Will that be OK as lot of people talk about using the OTG drives.

Also need a bit of advice regarding my personal dilemma. Due to my stupidity of not using cloud backup, I have my new born son's picture on this soft bricked phone. As you can imagine, these are really invaluable for me. Do you think that my phone can be un-bricked by erecovery EMUI 10, when its hopefully released for OTA erecovery? We have to take into account that my phone is in this weird state where CUST and vendor partitions are still EMUI 9.1 and may be the base got updated to EMUI 10. I do not know how to check the base partition version using fastboot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No Google Photos? I wouldn't really know what to say in that case.

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
File you posted here? [emoji1787]

Post 5 in this thread!
I'm talking about AL00 C00
The post thunderbolt128 shared the file is post 12 :)
I purchased an account for EF so that I can get the AL00 C00 file to fix my phone and to share it with you guys.
If you or somebody else did the same in this thread (after me) or in another thread, good. More sources, more ways for people to get it.
Any way, my phone work properly now and I hope you can also fix yours guys.

Last edited:

Limeybastard

Post 5 in this thread!

I'm talking about AL00 C00

The post thunderbolt128 shared the file is post 12 :)

I purchased an account for EF so that I can get the AL00 C00 file to fix my phone and to share it with you guys.

If you or somebody else did the same in this thread (after me) or in another thread, good. More sources, more ways for people to get it.

Any way, my phone work properly now and I hope you can also fix yours guys.
Thanks, glad you fixed your phone .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts