[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donations :
You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi (2016), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-01
Last Updated 2018-07-10

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Obviously not a lot has been ported to Lineage so please don't report issues like: "broken buttons backlight". That will be ported over soon (TM).
Also you need custom TWRP build to install these packages, you can find link in the OP.

BTW: You might have to force reboot after the gapps installation is complete as the unofficial installer is bit buggy ( you can do that by holding power, vol down ). Also it doesn't support addon.d so it doesn't persist when updating to next builds.

Last edited:

kream21

May 22, 2013
Just got this up and running and it is smooth as silk. Great work and thank you very much¡

360Razir

Jan 6, 2011
Other than the issues you covered in posts 1 & 2, this thing is solid so far. Thanks and donation forthcoming....

EDIT: Just noticed that I'm not able to see the 5GHz portion of my router, only the 2.4GHz.

Last edited:

Luftwaffe

Oct 17, 2007
Houston
Can I use modified for Lineage 15 TWRP ( 3.1.1-0) with Lineage 14 I am using now, if I decide to go back from L15 to L14? Galaxy tab T713.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
i know this is talked about in other places..but i am getting system error 7 when trying to install this rom, i am using the custom recovery in the OP. can anyone help?

timestryder

Jul 6, 2017
i know this is talked about in other places..but i am getting system error 7 when trying to install this rom, i am using the custom recovery in the OP. can anyone help?

I had to FORMAT DATA, and it went through.

What was your error message above the error 7 line? Mine was something along the lines of "cannot write over a package that already exists" or something to that nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: tensux

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
I had to FORMAT DATA, and it went through.

What was your error message above the error 7 line? Mine was something along the lines of "cannot write over a package that already exists" or something to that nature.

thanks for the reply, i realized that it was also telling me that i didn't have the correct bootloaded installed, after fixing that i was able to install it

Reactions: timestryder

timestryder

Jul 6, 2017
thanks for the reply, i realized that it was also telling me that i didn't have the correct bootloaded installed, after fixing that i was able to install it

Oh yeah. I'm totally new to all this, and I had that same error message at one point as well. I missed the part where you need a nougat bootloader for lineage.

Lovelyven

Dec 28, 2014
I installed it when it boots it says kernel is not seanseoid enforcing. It gets to the setup screen then when I click setup as a new device or copy your data it keeps crashing saying set up wizard has stopped then it repeats the process

360Razir

Jan 6, 2011
Something that Lineage 15 has fixed is using Hangouts. This never worked for me on Lineage 14.1.

Last edited:
D

DGooseman

Amazing! Thanks alot! I'll wait installing until you have fixed SELinux and L15 is a bit more stable. I'm excited to try out Oreo on my tablet :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi (2016), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-01
    Last Updated 2018-07-10
    Obviously not a lot has been ported to Lineage so please don't report issues like: "broken buttons backlight". That will be ported over soon (TM).
    Also you need custom TWRP build to install these packages, you can find link in the OP.

BTW: You might have to force reboot after the gapps installation is complete as the unofficial installer is bit buggy ( you can do that by holding power, vol down ). Also it doesn't support addon.d so it doesn't persist when updating to next builds.
    [ cool stuff ]
    I just released 8.1 builds on my AFH.
    You can find them here ~ https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234644
    I seem to have solved my battery problem by automatically disabling WiFi when the screen turns off.
    Need to run more tests to make sure, but last night the tablet lost 1-2% of battery.

I automated the process by using "Automate". The free version is enough if you don't want to run anything else w/ it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate&hl=en_US

Create a flow that looks like this:
    WiFi_display_toggle.png

Make sure you give the app permissions by ticking the "access local network, internet and nearby devices" box, then installing the app it redirects you to.

Also, you probably want to enable "Run on system startup" in settings. Careful, this can cause havoc if you have other, malicious flows.

Run the flow and enjoy!

I'll report back in a few days with more info about this.
    Q2. Any chances of having L15 nightly for T713 anytime soon?

As soon as L15 source gets bit less ghetto and I finish up the SELinux.