Continuum Lagfix

Search This thread

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
While poking and prodding around I found this one click ex2 lagfix for the I9000 and also the Fascinate.. I tried it and it works for our Continuum's also.

Before Lagfix

Quadrant - 1028

After Lagfix

Quadrant - 1770

Antutu Benchmark - 3140

I did not have a chance to test Antutu before I did the lagfix.

Either way here is the link to the file. Make sure you have root, Sammy USB Drivers, ADB, and the latest version of Busybox installed. Turn on USB Debugging and plug your phone into your computer. Unzip the file and double click on 'Lagfixme.bat'.

Follow the onscreen instructions.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM NOT LIABLE!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1yzvjqemmykt9sr

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bierce22

nodixe

May 12, 2011
Is this just the RyanZA's OCLF from market or is this something different? I liked RzaOclf but was really hopin for sum voodoo lagfix since it uses ext4.....and an oc kernal too...

sent from my XDA phone - its more than a continuum

XsceneXhippieX

Oct 17, 2010
Is this just the RyanZA's OCLF from market or is this something different? I liked RzaOclf but was really hopin for sum voodoo lagfix since it uses ext4.....and an oc kernal too...

i just want init.d support! lol and voodoo lagfix seems like a better idea as its ext4

Reborn627

Aug 11, 2011
Goffstown, NH
Glad it's almost 5:00pm. My phone is totally hosed after running this. Won't boot at all. Hangs for a long time at "Verizon Wireless" bootanimation then goes to black screen. Vibrating incessantly as if it's constantly fc'ing something. I figure I should be able to flash from Odin and start fresh.

Peace,
Ray

EDIT: Flashed pastor's DL17 and I still have nothing. I may have a brick on my hands...

Last edited:

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
lol, don't you know its almost impossible to brick this phone :p trust me, one way or another, you will be up and working again :p

also, copy and pasted from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=765822

Okay EXT2 is scary, how about EXT4?
You can't afford for your things to get corrupted? Weirdo. Real world performance between EXT4 and EXT2 is barely noticeable if at all, for the everyman this is probably your best bet.

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Mine installed just fine first time.. Everything works as it should. It just left me with only 200MB of internal memory.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
However I'm not seeing the 2200's that the Fascinate peeps are seeing. Also removing the lagfix got me stuck in a boot loop that I fixed with a nandroid backup. Just an FYI.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
the oclf lagfix is ancient history and is almost entirely placebo

the sgs world moved on from it by october of last year, fwiw

yes it will give you awesome benchmarks, but real world performance is extremely minimal at best (yes i say this from experience)

jaizero

Oct 14, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Considering development for this phone is nonexistant I'll take whatever excitement I can get... <3 the trolls..

nodixe

May 12, 2011
So is there a up to date real world lagfix? Back on dl17 I had great config but was using so many things (oclf,akmo,cachemate,v6supercharger) I cant remember what made the difference....

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
dont use the super charger scripts its garbage all that is, is a placebo affect the truth is every phone has different memory settings so u cant make a universal one ive seen that done over and over but none of them has ever worked.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Considering development for this phone is nonexistant I'll take whatever excitement I can get... <3 the trolls..

i wasnt trolling the thread, i was stating the obvious...oclf is not used on any sgs phone for the last 10 months (at least) and it was never much more than a quadrant epeen fix

ace5198

Jun 24, 2010
dennison,oh
i wasnt trolling the thread, i was stating the obvious...oclf is not used on any sgs phone for the last 10 months (at least) and it was never much more than a quadrant epeen fix

lmao nitsuji is very well know... i dont think theres a single troll in these forums with 1500 posts... but he speaks the truth.. quadrant is a horrible benchmark app.. and ROCLF just makes it skip multiple steps making your phone think its preforming better

EDIT: 3000 post 1500 thanks... you dirty troll

Last edited:
Reactions: nitsuj17

Moon Shadow - NM

Jul 14, 2011
Albuquerque
dont use the super charger scripts its garbage all that is, is a placebo affect the truth is every phone has different memory settings so u cant make a universal one ive seen that done over and over but none of them has ever worked.

As for the memory issues, the default for the Continuum is much higher than many of the other phones. I put together a little "How To" specifically for the Continuum. Just be careful, because I have seen issues with background apps, that I want to keep running, closed by Android. You really have to play with the numbers to see what works best for you. If anyone wants help with this, let me know.

Caio!

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
As for the memory issues, the default for the Continuum is much higher than many of the other phones. I put together a little "How To" specifically for the Continuum. Just be careful, because I have seen issues with background apps, that I want to keep running, closed by Android. You really have to play with the numbers to see what works best for you. If anyone wants help with this, let me know.

Caio!

Where is the how to? I'll give it a shot. BTW, did the zipalign help at all? I know it did me, but your issues seemed a little more severe.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Moon Shadow - NM

Jul 14, 2011
Albuquerque
Where is the how to? I'll give it a shot. BTW, did the zipalign help at all? I know it did me, but your issues seemed a little more severe.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

It's in my OP here: FIXED! - Froyo ROM "closing" the background apps.

Keep in mind YMMV, I would adjust the settings using AMM (Auto Memory Manager) from the market. Because of the aforementioned problems (yes zipalign helped a little bit), and all the friggin' apps I installed and use, I have actually gone back to the default memory settings. I'll start playing with them again starting this weekend. As a System Administrator, I just can't leave well enough alone... My wife doesn't like it when I mess with my phone because I grumble so much when the thing hoses up... It's my fault, I know... But... :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While poking and prodding around I found this one click ex2 lagfix for the I9000 and also the Fascinate.. I tried it and it works for our Continuum's also.

Before Lagfix

Quadrant - 1028

After Lagfix

Quadrant - 1770

Antutu Benchmark - 3140

I did not have a chance to test Antutu before I did the lagfix.

Either way here is the link to the file. Make sure you have root, Sammy USB Drivers, ADB, and the latest version of Busybox installed. Turn on USB Debugging and plug your phone into your computer. Unzip the file and double click on 'Lagfixme.bat'.

Follow the onscreen instructions.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM NOT LIABLE!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1yzvjqemmykt9sr

Enjoy!

lmao nitsuji is very well know... i dont think theres a single troll in these forums with 1500 posts... but he speaks the truth.. quadrant is a horrible benchmark app.. and ROCLF just makes it skip multiple steps making your phone think its preforming better

EDIT: 3000 post 1500 thanks... you dirty troll