N3 and v6

Search This thread

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
Tried researching and haven't found anything so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it but I'm wondering if v6 supercharger is really needed. I don't use my phone for gaming (love my 7.7) but with such a massive quad core processor and 3 gig of ram is it really needed?

Sent from my SCH-i815 using XDA Premium HD app

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Tried researching and haven't found anything so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it but I'm wondering if v6 supercharger is really needed. I don't use my phone for gaming (love my 7.7) but with such a massive quad core processor and 3 gig of ram is it really needed?

Where did you get the idea that V6 Supercharger is needed for the Note 3?

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
Like I said I with the great specs of the n3 I wasn't sure if it was even needed. I know it does a lot more than just memory tweaks just didn't know if anyone had any input

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

DrawnToLife

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto
I never said it was needed. I know it made my rezound much better. I know my rezound obviously had much lower specs and performance but still again that's why I was just wondering.

Regardless, no.

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
well incase anyone was still interested I tested stock and underclocked both before and after v6 and found my answer. The images are stock, 1036 MHz underclocked, v6 stock, and v6 1036 MHz underclocked. This was all using cfq I/o scheduler and interactive governor. the 1036 MHz underclocked ranked just below the stock n3 according to antutu and above my stock test. I know everyone has their own opinions with benchmarking and what app is used but atleast this gives me my answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: mademan420

DrawnToLife

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto
To be honest, I don't even know what v6 Supercharge is supposed to do, but this is what I get. My set up is in my sig :p

Edit: For clarification, I'm using cfq/interactive with stock kernel settings as well.

Reactions: nicholaschum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well incase anyone was still interested I tested stock and underclocked both before and after v6 and found my answer. The images are stock, 1036 MHz underclocked, v6 stock, and v6 1036 MHz underclocked. This was all using cfq I/o scheduler and interactive governor. the 1036 MHz underclocked ranked just below the stock n3 according to antutu and above my stock test. I know everyone has their own opinions with benchmarking and what app is used but atleast this gives me my answer.
    To be honest, I don't even know what v6 Supercharge is supposed to do, but this is what I get. My set up is in my sig :p

Edit: For clarification, I'm using cfq/interactive with stock kernel settings as well.