[Q] HELP to REVERT Stock firmware (Recovery)

Search This thread

marekaq

Nov 24, 2007
l'Aquila (bella mé)
Hello, actually on my P6 I have Omni Rom 4.4.2 (this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673839 )

I have some hardware problems with my device so I want to send it in WARRANTY, so now I need to return on stock firmware and revert to a stock boot+recovery+rom

Is this the right way to REVERT all to stock? :

1. I need a boot.img (a stock one, I think B118, it is a good rom for warranty?) <---- where to find it
2. I need a recovery.img (a stock one, B118? ) <---- found this (http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973625 )
3. I downloaded a stock rom B118 on my SD (dload/update.app)
4. Have I to UNROOT my device?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Reactions: mhyr

marekaq

Nov 24, 2007
l'Aquila (bella mé)
FAIL to revert

Very fast & usefull installer, but I can't to revert to a stock firmware.

Now I've installed a Custom CyanogenMod unofficial on TWRP, no problems with zip firmware update or downgrade, but actually impossibile to install an official update/downgrade (update.app)

Dowloaded a stock B118
inserted it on SD in dload folder
rebooting (vol+)+(vol-)+power
initially has started the flashing process, but after a second appair FAIL...
fail.jpg

any suggestion?

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 591
M

Mr.DonDroid

Now I've installed a Custom CyanogenMod unofficial on TWRP, no problems with zip firmware update or downgrade, but actually impossibile to install an official update/downgrade (update.app)

Dowloaded a stock B118
fail.jpg

any suggestion?

You need to flash stock recovery image to be able to install stock ROM by dload method.

alex.79

Jul 8, 2013
Plovdiv

Dowloaded a stock B118
fail.jpg

any suggestion?

To reverd from KitKat to Jelly Bean first install that: https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6PYefO-p4_kJcJpHw2luWZT8QZ5yrnedx4rug4 via dload folder, after that install 4.2.2 stock firmware again via dload folder. That is a middle step, without it you can't downgrade from KitKat to Jelly Bean.

Reactions: marekaq

marekaq

Nov 24, 2007
l'Aquila (bella mé)

isidoreB

Nov 7, 2014
Johannesburg
Can alex.79 please post the last link again, the file doesnt exist on that cloud server anymore or if you arent able to please let me know what file it is that you suggested to marekaq, this will be highly appreciated.

anxiro

Jun 4, 2010
Updated mega.co.nz link

Hi,

To all who tries to download the unavailable mega.co.nz-download, please try this link:

h**p://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y (please replace the ** with tt ... due low posts I cannot post outside links)

It's a very slow server. The file (117MB) took about 10-15 minutes to download, but it's the same file as the mega.co.nz-link.

Last edited:
Reactions: emanweee

polykoma

Nov 4, 2013
Berlin
i offer 5 euro via paypal for clear instructions how to revert recovery and go back to stock B135 (with links to recovery - b135 i got myself)

please ! :)

polykoma

Nov 4, 2013
Berlin
[/COLOR]
What is the current situation on the phone? Stock or custom, jellybean or kitkat?

Sent from my SM-G850F

Hi

P6-U06
Current state:
Cyanogenmod 10.1 unofficial
Andro 4.2.2
Kernel 3.0.8

I'm not like a super noob, I just dont have the time to investigate and try&error due high workload in my real life :(

Thank you so much

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
Since its not upgraded to kitkat it wont be too hard to revert back. You need stock recovery flashed and one of the last jellybean stock roms (my suggestion is B132). If you dont have a link to download stock rom just search the web for huawei p6 B132 or whatever you would like to revert to. As for the recovery you can extract it from the stock rom file with this tool
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454
Read the instructions and extract the recovery only nothing else is needed.
Connect the phone in fastboot mode with pc and flash the recovery with cmd. Tutorials on using adb&fastboot are easily found on internet. Before flashing it make sure you have a sdcard with dload folder on it containing update.app file from the stock rom. After flashing enter recovery and wait for it to finish. That would be about it. Ask anything that you dont find easy or understandable to do.

Sent from my SM-G850F

Reactions: polykoma

polykoma

Nov 4, 2013
Berlin
Since its not upgraded to kitkat it wont be too hard to revert back. You need stock recovery flashed and one of the last jellybean stock roms (my suggestion is B132). If you dont have a link to download stock rom just search the web for huawei p6 B132 or whatever you would like to revert to. As for the recovery you can extract it from the stock rom file with this tool
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454
Read the instructions and extract the recovery only nothing else is needed.
Connect the phone in fastboot mode with pc and flash the recovery with cmd. Tutorials on using adb&fastboot are easily found on internet. Before flashing it make sure you have a sdcard with dload folder on it containing update.app file from the stock rom. After flashing enter recovery and wait for it to finish. That would be about it. Ask anything that you dont find easy or understandable to do.

Sent from my SM-G850F

10000x Thank man.

Worked perfectly on first try. Now Im back to B119!
<3 <3 <3 2 u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, actually on my P6 I have Omni Rom 4.4.2 (this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2673839 )

I have some hardware problems with my device so I want to send it in WARRANTY, so now I need to return on stock firmware and revert to a stock boot+recovery+rom

Is this the right way to REVERT all to stock? :

1. I need a boot.img (a stock one, I think B118, it is a good rom for warranty?) <---- where to find it
    2. I need a recovery.img (a stock one, B118? ) <---- found this (http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973625 )
    3. I downloaded a stock rom B118 on my SD (dload/update.app)
    4. Have I to UNROOT my device?

Thank you very much

Dowloaded a stock B118
    fail.jpg

any suggestion?

To reverd from KitKat to Jelly Bean first install that: https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6PYefO-p4_kJcJpHw2luWZT8QZ5yrnedx4rug4 via dload folder, after that install 4.2.2 stock firmware again via dload folder. That is a middle step, without it you can't downgrade from KitKat to Jelly Bean.
    Try downgrading to B132 instead of B118

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
    Updated mega.co.nz link

Hi,

To all who tries to download the unavailable mega.co.nz-download, please try this link:

h**p://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y (please replace the ** with tt ... due low posts I cannot post outside links)

It's a very slow server. The file (117MB) took about 10-15 minutes to download, but it's the same file as the mega.co.nz-link.