[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

Search This thread

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Tiny size? Oh yeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :D
Could you explain the main differences between the free/pro versions?
Having more widgets and a control on their design would be appreciated.
After hitting the widget I didn't find a way to go back to the main screen. I only have access to the current song and my playlist. The arrow at the top left brings me back to my homescreen.

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Tiny size? Oh yeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :D
Could you explain the main differences between the free/pro versions?
Having more widgets and a control on their design would be appreciated.
After hitting the widget I didn't find a way to go back to the main screen. I only have access to the current song and my playlist. The arrow at the top left brings me back to my homescreen.

From almost every page of Pulsar Music Player, you can swipe from left edge to right, to open navigation drawer, you can go to any page you want from anywhere. Have a try.

De_Falt

Jan 16, 2015
CLASSIFIED
What is pitch/tempo? Could you show me an example to avoid misunderstanding? Thanks.

Here's what its suppose to look like with the attachment below.

Tempo Definition: The tempo of the track is the speed of the track. When you listen to music in different genres, you’ll notice that some are slow and some are fast. Tempo can change the sound/music to play at faster or slower speed than original, without affecting the sound pitch.

Pitch Definition: In music theory, pitch represents the perceived fundamental frequency of sound. In other words, pitch changes the sound pitch or key, without affecting the tempo or speed of the song.

The "Link" button is used to link the 2 together.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

bilibug

Feb 6, 2013
Somerset, NJ
Really nice player, but a couple of deal breakers are keeping me from purchasing/using it as my default music player.:

1)No Album Artist list, as previously mentioned. Breaks up soundtracks and compilations into multiple items in list.
2)Does not utilize track numbers for an album. Songs are in alphabetical order. Not everyone uses playlists to put songs in the order they want to hear them. Many people want to listen to an album as is.
3)Google Now does not recognize it as a music player for voice commands.

Reactions: GintoSama

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
From almost every page of Pulsar Music Player, you can swipe from left edge to right, to open navigation drawer, you can go to any page you want from anywhere. Have a try.
Did you at least try what I said before posting your answer? Swiping from left to right does nothing from the Play Queue screen or it switches to another track after hitting the widget. No drawer.

EDIT: there's a serious issue with wakelocks. I unfreezed your app this morning to add a widget but I didn't launch the music. Here is what I have now.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Did you at least try what I said before posting your answer? Swiping from left to right does nothing from the Play Queue screen or it switches to another track after hitting the widget. No drawer.

EDIT: there's a serious issue with wakelocks. I unfreezed your app this morning to add a widget but I didn't launch the music. Here is what I have now.

Please have a look at attachment images, please swipe from left edge to right in player screen to open the navigation drawer, follow the white arrow I marked in the screenshot.

For the wake lock issue, do you mean that even you did not play any music, Pulsar will still acquire the wake lock?
I saw from your screenshot that Pulsar player is running, please click the pulsar icon in status bar, from pulsar notification, press "x" to stop the playback and have a check again?
I have set the wake lock to media player and it should be able to control wake lock while playing by itself. There might be some bugs in my app. I will have a test.

BTW, what do you mean by "unfreezed my app"? Do you use any app to control something on your device? Do you mean unfreeze from "BetterBatteryStats"?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Please have a look at attachment images, please swipe from left edge to right in player screen to open the navigation drawer, follow the white arrow I marked in the screenshot.

For the wake lock issue, do you mean that even you did not play any music, Pulsar will still acquire the wake lock?
I saw from your screenshot that Pulsar player is running, please click the pulsar icon in status bar, from pulsar notification, press "x" to stop the playback and have a check again?
I have set the wake lock to media player and it should be able to control wake lock while playing by itself. There might be some bugs in my app. I will have a test.

BTW, what do you mean by "unfreezed my app"? Do you use any app to control something on your device? Do you mean unfreeze from "BetterBatteryStats"?

Thanks.
Actually the swipe gesture doesn't work well on my device because I use PIE controls at the left of the screen. I have to swipe from the bottom left corner to be able to reach the nav drawer.
I used Titanium Backup to freeze Pulsar due to the wakelock and I already use another music player so I didn't want to have conflicts during my tests. I'll check later for the wakelock and let you know if the problem persists.

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
Its an excellent Music Player - I've been using it for about a week now. Good job, rhmsoft! :)

I have a request. I think the (home screen) widget needs some improvements. For me, there is only one 4x1 widget available and I'm afraid it doesn't look quite good. So can you please work on it, a little? Perhaps introduce newer ones like 4x2 and 4x3?

Thank you. :eek:

Last edited:

DaveX2012

Jun 30, 2012
Possible to add edit for artists, Album etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I have developed a new music player on Android - Pulsar Music Player.
    Its user interface and animation are fully comply with Google material design, and it has a tiny size, only 2.5 MB. Please download and have a try!

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

Features

* Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
    * Manage and play music by album, artist, folder and genre.
    * Automatically download and display album cover and artist image.
    * Smart playlists with most played, recent played and newly added tracks.
    * Fast search across albums, artists and songs.
    * Gapless playback support.
    * Built-in tag editor.
    * Display embedded lyrics.
    * Chromecast support.
    * Last.fm scrobbling.
    * 5-band equalizer controller.
    * Bass booster and reverb settings.
    * Various colorful themes.
    * Sleep timer and more.

Home Page

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/

User Guide

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Supported Languages

English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Promo Video

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

S1.png
    S2.png
    S3.png

S4.png
    S5.png
    S6.png

S7.png
    S8.png
    S9.png

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: support@rhmsoft.com.
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pulsar Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-18

Created 2015-09-09
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    CHANGE LOG

Changelog has been moved to Pulsar Music Player Help Center.

Please visit following link instead:

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/changelog.html
    The new version of Pulsar 1.5.0 has been released with lots of enhancements:

✓ Added round icon for supported device such as Google Pixel.
    ✓ Supported new notification style on Android 7.0 and above.
    ✓ Action bar in main screen can now be hidden when scrolling.
    ✓ Added animation when changing between play and pause button.
    ✓ Swipe up gesture on playback bar can now lead to player page.
    ✓ Added a new icon for play queue to distinguish with playlist.
    ✓ Added Vietnamese translation.
    ✓ Minor bug fixes.

This version is targeting the latest Android SDK, and using the latest support library and new notification style. There might be new bugs in this release, please either leave your problem here or report to support@rhmsoft.com. Thanks!
    I know. I really like the player, even without the EQ the sound is nice but in the past I bought a music player for almost the same price and 8 month later the support and the development was dropped. Today this player is unusable.

I keep the player on my phone.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

I spent tons of time to develop this player. I think it should not be dropped.:fingers-crossed:
    Could you at least add an option in the settings where we can change it to our liking? (i.e. shuffle remains on regardless and won't turn off if we manually select a song) I thought this was common across all music players.

I play music through all of my songs and leave it on shuffle for all of them. The shuffle turns off even if i choose a song that is in the same queue. It would just be better if the shuffle button stays on regardless once it is turned on. Basically the same as the repeat button as that button doesnt turn off once it is pressed.

+1 with the shuffle button getting turned off. I launch the player, turn shuffle on, exit, launch it again and it's off. Not supposed to be that way.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

The new keep shuffle mode is enabled in latest version 1.4.0. Please upgrade and have a try. If there is any problem, please leave your comments here. Thanks.