[Q] Cyanogen MOD 7 downgrade to original

Search This thread

Altaria

Aug 14, 2013
Hello everyone,

sorry if I'm asking stupid question in wrong thread, but...

I've got Desire, a friend of mine installed CyanogenMod-7.2.0.1-bravo in it. Problem is, the OS crashes every time I try to install something or move an application to an SD card.

Since my friend can't be reached for a long time, could anyone please post a completely idiot-proof step-by-step manual to downgrade this Mod to original Android 2.1 or, if possible, 2.2?

I will be so grateful...

Thank you in advance.

In despair, Altaria

Last edited:

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
This is what i would recommend that you do. Dont downgrade to stock as it lacks features, its battery heavy, etc.
Partition you sd card and flash milwilds redux rom. This will allow you to fix the low space issue of the desire that stops you from installing many apps. It may sound difficult but trust me, it isnt. And its definately worth it. First i need some info before giving you instructions. Boot into the bootloader (turn the phone off, then turn it back on using volume down + power). It should look similar to this . Post what it says there here. Then from the bootloader use volume down to scroll to RECOVERY and then select it using power. You should have a custom recovery installed. Post whether it is clockwordmod recovery or 4ext recovery.

Reactions: Altaria

Altaria

Aug 14, 2013
This is what i would recommend that you do. Dont downgrade to stock as it lacks features, its battery heavy, etc.
Partition you sd card and flash milwilds redux rom. This will allow you to fix the low space issue of the desire that stops you from installing many apps. It may sound difficult but trust me, it isnt. And its definately worth it. First i need some info before giving you instructions. Boot into the bootloader (turn the phone off, then turn it back on using volume down + power). It should look similar to this. Post what it says there here. Then from the bootloader use volume down to scroll to RECOVERY and then select it using power. You should have a custom recovery installed. Post whether it is clockwordmod recovery or 4ext recovery.

Hello Chromium,

thank you for your reply. :) So, the whole OS crashes to restart because of a low space issue? :-O

-Revolutionary-
BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27
Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

Recovery seems like Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
Hello Chromium,

thank you for your reply. :) So, the whole OS crashes to restart because of a low space issue? :-O

-Revolutionary-
BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27

Im not really sure what the root cause of the crashing is but it can likely be fixed.

First install 4ext recovery. Its a much better recovery than cwm and it will allow you to create the partition very easily. After installing it create the partition by following this guide,

Next download this hboot , rename it to PB99IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sdcard (not inside any folders). Turn the phone off, then boot into the hboot (power + volume down). Wait a few seconds and it should start searching for the PB99IMG.zip and ask if you want to install it. Press volume up to install, and then choose reboot.

After that, download mildwilds redux rom (you could use others but i would highly recommend this one for now). Turn the phone off, then boot into the bootloader, and from there go into recovery. Once in recovery go to the Wipe menu, and choose "Format all partitions (except sd card)". Then go to the Install section and choose install zip from sdcard. Find the mildwild rom you previously downloaded and flash it. Reboot and you should be good to go. Apps that you install will automatically move to the partition and you should have plenty of room for data because of the hboot you flashed. You wont need to choose the "Move to sd card' option anymore. Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Could also just be a dodgy sdcard. Happened to me before, phone kept on freezing, then rebooting etc etc, baught new sdcard and all was fine again. Try a different one if u have one.

(but also still do what chromium says aswell, ul need that partition + hboot)

Last edited:

Altaria

Aug 14, 2013
Im not really sure what the root cause of the crashing is but it can likely be fixed.

First install 4ext recovery. Its a much better recovery than cwm and it will allow you to create the partition very easily. After installing it create the partition by following this guide,

Next download this hboot, rename it to PB99IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sdcard (not inside any folders). Turn the phone off, then boot into the hboot (power + volume down). Wait a few seconds and it should start searching for the PB99IMG.zip and ask if you want to install it. Press volume up to install, and then choose reboot.

After that, download mildwilds redux rom (you could use others but i would highly recommend this one for now). Turn the phone off, then boot into the bootloader, and from there go into recovery. Once in recovery go to the Wipe menu, and choose "Format all partitions (except sd card)". Then go to the Install section and choose install zip from sdcard. Find the mildwild rom you previously downloaded and flash it. Reboot and you should be good to go. Apps that you install will automatically move to the partition and you should have plenty of room for data because of the hboot you flashed. You wont need to choose the "Move to sd card' option anymore. Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

Hello again, Chromium,

thank you for this extensive manual, unfortunatelly, I've been killed as soon as in step 1. I can't install the 4EXT recovery, because when I try to install it, the phone crashes to restart and nothing is installed. :(

Should I perform at least the other steps?

Last edited:

Altaria

Aug 14, 2013
Could also just be a dodgy sdcard. Happened to me before, phone kept on freezing, then rebooting etc etc, baught new sdcard and all was fine again. Try a different one if u have one.

Hello jmcclue,

thank you for the advice, I've tried a different SD card, but to no avail. The phone crashes no matter which SD card I use. :crying:

Altaria

Aug 14, 2013
IT'S ALIVE!!! :D

I've done everything in the list and it's fantastic! :) I can finally install an application!

Thank you so much, Chromium and jmcclue, you saved me and my nerves. I wish you could see the broadness of my smile. You're great, I'm really grateful. Clicked Thank you everywhere I could. :)

Thank you once again, Altaria :)

Reactions: jmcclue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Partition you sd card and flash milwilds redux rom. This will allow you to fix the low space issue of the desire that stops you from installing many apps. It may sound difficult but trust me, it isnt. And its definately worth it. First i need some info before giving you instructions. Boot into the bootloader (turn the phone off, then turn it back on using volume down + power). It should look similar to this . Post what it says there here. Then from the bootloader use volume down to scroll to RECOVERY and then select it using power. You should have a custom recovery installed. Post whether it is clockwordmod recovery or 4ext recovery.
    Hello Chromium,

-Revolutionary-
    BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT-6.93.1002
    MICROP-051d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.11.05.27

Next download this hboot , rename it to PB99IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sdcard (not inside any folders). Turn the phone off, then boot into the hboot (power + volume down). Wait a few seconds and it should start searching for the PB99IMG.zip and ask if you want to install it. Press volume up to install, and then choose reboot.

Go here to flash 4ext recovery, follow the instructions

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sourc...zIDAAQ&usg=AFQjCNEUGZl30YGTkx5scB6jgMA9qi5a9g

Then use the guide that chromium posted to partition ur sdacard. Backup sdcard before u partition it coz it will wipe everything.
    IT'S ALIVE!!! :D

I've done everything in the list and it's fantastic! :) I can finally install an application!

Thank you so much, Chromium and jmcclue, you saved me and my nerves. I wish you could see the broadness of my smile. You're great, I'm really grateful. Clicked Thank you everywhere I could. :)

Thank you once again, Altaria :)