[Kernel] [Ray] DooMLoRD's Kernel for Ray [Stock] [Update: 28 Dec 2011]

Search This thread

hartej

Dec 10, 2004
This is a repackaging of DooMLoRD's kernel for the Ray - this is only for the stock Rom at this time, and will not work on MIUI or CM.

It's based on DooMLoRD's Github sources, original thread with more information about the Kernel is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172885 - all thanks should go to him, I've edited very little, simply changed some of the config to suit the Ray and tested it.

Brief summary:
* Overclockable to 2GHz (set at 1GHz to start - made sure of it this time!)
* Enabled most of the schedulers so you can choose your favourite (brazillianwax, smoothass, SavagedZen, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, smartassV2, performance).

[UPDATE]
Had a look at the issues with the 'Flash' on the camera not working - this is now fixed.

Also, after being requested by a couple of people I've recompiled it for MIUI - you'll have to flash the second version for it to boot. (Please choose the correct one, flashing the wrong one will let you access CWM-recovery, but the system won't boot.) MIUI isn't working at this time.

Updated Kernel can be found here for Stock Roms:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17615284/DoomKernel-2011-12-28-1201.img

[Edit] Kernel for MIUI booted, but became unresponsive after it's been on a while. Taken the link down until I can find a day or two where I'm not using my phone so I can flash MIUI myself and look into it.

Last edited:

aragog53

Apr 24, 2011
Thank you very much for this good present ! :p
I just would ask if it is compatible with bheremans' MIUI rom, and if it's not if someone can port it, or explain to me how it can be done.

Tistitus

Mar 28, 2009
Brief summary:
* Enabled most of the schedulers so you can choose your favourite (brazillianwax, smoothass, SavagedZen, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, smartassV2, performance). Think I may have missed a few - shall go back and check when I get a chance.
* Can't remember if I managed to get it working with the latest Ramdisk or not. At one point I was using it with a previous Ramdisk but not sure if I eventually got it working... (Currently the CMW Recovery is version 5.0.2.7?) I'll have to check on this, if it's using an old RamDisk then some of the features may not be available.

Initial release - I've been using it for a day now and it seems quite stable.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17615284/RayDoomKernel-2011-12-18.img

Can you integrate in the kernel the dual mode call recording ability, please?

hartej

Dec 10, 2004
aragog53 said:
Thank you very much for this good present ! :p
I just would ask if it is compatible with bheremans' MIUI rom, and if it's not if someone can port it, or explain to me how it can be done.

No idea, I think that MIUI, CM7 and Stock Roms require different Kernels (or some serious customisation) so i'd be guessing: No. But it's just a guess.

Can you integrate in the kernel the dual mode call recording ability, please?

DooMLoRD added this to his Kernel, but I don't have any requirement to record my calls so can't confirm if it's working or not. Feel free to test it out - you may find yourself in luck!

hartej

Dec 10, 2004
Bah! Uploading failed the first time, but it's fixed now.

If you downloaded the file before I posted this, and only have a 1.2MB file then please DONT FLASH IT. It shouldn't mess anything up permanantly but your device won't boot.

I've uploaded the file again (to the same location), please re-download and flash this one (it should be just over 6MB)

piflechien

Dec 18, 2008
Hi Hartej, sorry but even with your second upload. The kernel doesn't boot. It stays at black screen (not even the SE logo)

thehero21

Dec 6, 2009
@home
@hartej: some notes ...

thinking its a good choise using DooMLoRD's kernel as your base, congratulations for your wise decision :)

some minutes befor i fastboot'ed (temporarly) your image (i.e. fastboot boot <image>)

# kernel cpufreq defaults is ondemand 245760/1862400Hz - no max 1GHz as you'r thinking?

some LITTLE change-requests from me - please

# /proc/config.gz support - a great help for every self-builder

# init.d support - importent i'm thinking, i modifyed init.semc.rc in initrd.img in your boot image for myself (serves only as a example)

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
user root
oneshot

# a git respository of your kernel for self builder

ok, thats all for NOW, thank you for your good work.

greetings

SWDJPA

Nov 4, 2011
Seoul
Doesn't boot :)

I've downloaded your present(RayDoomKernel-2011-12-18.img / 6.23MB) and flash it on my Ray with fastboot tool. But it doesn't boot, just shows me black screen.(Not even show me SE logo :)) Anyway I appreciate your great effort.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
@hartej

glad to see u back on this ;)

some devices cant handle 1.6Ghz+

thats why i keep 2 kernels
2.0Ghz
and
1.6Ghz

for other things u can check my kernel-ramdisk

Reactions: lukewong01

hartej

Dec 10, 2004
I've downloaded your present(RayDoomKernel-2011-12-18.img / 6.23MB) and flash it on my Ray with fastboot tool. But it doesn't boot, just shows me black screen.(Not even show me SE logo :)) Anyway I appreciate your great effort.

Oh I tried.Doesn't boot with the 4.0.2.A.042 FW.

Lol, I'll upload the right one eventually! Just tried downloading and flashing this myself, only to discover that I'd mistakenly uploaded the latest version instead of the working one. Still playing with getting the ARC ramdisk working with the Ray, possibly because of the speed issue DooMLoRD quotes above which is the reason for the black screen - the Kernel itself is identical, it's just a difference in the RamDisks.

I've uploaded the working one now - sorry for any confusion!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17615284/DoomKernel-2011-12-18-1547.img

thehero21

Dec 6, 2009
@home

lukewong01

May 17, 2011
Lol, I'll upload the right one eventually! Just tried downloading and flashing this myself, only to discover that I'd mistakenly uploaded the latest version instead of the working one. Still playing with getting the ARC ramdisk working with the Ray, possibly because of the speed issue DooMLoRD quotes above which is the reason for the black screen - the Kernel itself is identical, it's just a difference in the RamDisks.

Please for MIUI ?? :(

SWDJPA

Nov 4, 2011
Seoul
Works Great:)

Two thumbs up!

It is quite stable even at 2ghz.

But I would stay at 1.5 with smartass v2 considering battery life.

Thank you :)

-Ray User from Korea.

Last edited:

Kyrius

Jun 11, 2010
Graz
doesn't work with FXP050 on my Ray ... It does boot into the system but it doesn't show any submenus or option menus ... they are there, i can select by where i remember them to be but it is not graphicly shown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a repackaging of DooMLoRD's kernel for the Ray - this is only for the stock Rom at this time, and will not work on MIUI or CM.

It's based on DooMLoRD's Github sources, original thread with more information about the Kernel is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172885 - all thanks should go to him, I've edited very little, simply changed some of the config to suit the Ray and tested it.

Brief summary:
    * Enabled most of the schedulers so you can choose your favourite (brazillianwax, smoothass, SavagedZen, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, smartassV2, performance).

[UPDATE]
    Had a look at the issues with the 'Flash' on the camera not working - this is now fixed.

Also, after being requested by a couple of people I've recompiled it for MIUI - you'll have to flash the second version for it to boot. (Please choose the correct one, flashing the wrong one will let you access CWM-recovery, but the system won't boot.) MIUI isn't working at this time.

Updated Kernel can be found here for Stock Roms:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17615284/DoomKernel-2011-12-28-1201.img

[Edit] Kernel for MIUI booted, but became unresponsive after it's been on a while. Taken the link down until I can find a day or two where I'm not using my phone so I can flash MIUI myself and look into it.

Oh I tried.Doesn't boot with the 4.0.2.A.042 FW.

I cahnged the defconfig in two places - meant it booted but nothing more.

I might just have to take the CM kernel and use that instead.

Thanks again for the pointers - much appreciated.

FOR MIUI, Don't use stock kernel sources... They will give u trouble...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App
    Hmmmm.... seems that the Kernel doesn't work with MIUI yet then. I'll have to find a day when I'm not using my phone and look into it more but doubt it'll be soon around this time of year.

I'll take it down from the first post.

for the MIUI kernel i use our FXP CM kernel as base:
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/semc-kernel-msm7x30

and a slightly different defconfig:
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/semc-ke...ter/arch/arm/configs/doom_anzu_miui_defconfig
    I need help guys. i have been pulling my hair out on this one. i have got Jinx13 to unlock my bootloader and enable fastboot and now i want to flash this kernel. The thing is i have no clue how to do it. i have tried looking to see how to flash this boot.img but i dont know where to stick it and what not.

is there anyone that can point me in the right direction please???

Thanks

Download flashtool
    Download boot.IMG
    Open flash tool connect phone while holding volume up , light should to blue
    Choose flash kernel select boot.IMG
    Wait for it to flash
    Viola
    sent from my gorgeus Xperia Ray