Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
Current BUGS?!

1.Phone staying 100% awake when bluetooth is activated (~100% msm_serial_hs_dma kernel wakelock)
2. Flickering icons in status bar due to percentage battery level setting
3. Notification lights on missed calls not working
4. Cycling through brightness status bar button levels not showing correctly
5. When using 'statusbar brightness control' while sliding your finger all the way to the left to deacrease brightness to a minimum level buttons light up and stay lit untill you lock the device

General request> Default exposure should be atleast +3... Or at least give us the option of saving user-defined exposure levels...

Last edited:

pradipsoman

Jun 20, 2011
Thrissur
Camera exposure problem can be temporarily solved just by replacing libcamera.so with proper permissions :) Here is the attached file. It's from working KANG version. It works superbly on the latest nightly :)

Please change the extension to .so from .zip

Attachments

• libcamera.zip
    75.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: werewolfo

bilbo75

Mar 14, 2011
Prato
1.Phone staying 100% awake when bluetooth is activated (~100% msm_serial_hs_dma kernel wakelock)
2. Flickering icons in status bar due to percentage battery level setting
3. Notification lights on missed calls not working
4. Cycling through brightness status bar button levels not showing correctly
5. When using 'statusbar brightness control' while sliding your finger all the way to the left to deacrease brightness to a minimum level buttons light up and stay lit untill you lock the device

General request> Default exposure should be atleast +3... Or at least give us the option of saving user-defined exposure levels...

1) Confirm.There are already new fixes about bluetooth in changelog.
2) Confirm.
3) I can't still confirm.
4) Didn't try.
5) It doesn't happen here.
6) Often, after closed GPS, I have a sensible drain from GPS_LOCATION_SERVICE.I need to reboot to fix it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Do anybody experiening problem with BACK button..

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Working fine here.
The first time I've flashed the rom ,GPS didn't work.I had to reflash rom again to solve.Maybe it's the same problem.

Last edited:

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
1) Confirm.There are already new fixes about bluetooth in changelog.
2) Confirm.
3) I can't still confirm.
4) Didn't try.
5) It doesn't happen here.
6) Often, after closed GPS, I have a sensible drain from GPS_LOCATION_SERVICE.I need to reboot to fix it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Working fine here.
The first time I've flashed the rom ,GPS didn't work.I had to reflash rom again to solve.Maybe it's the same problem.

For nr 6, try betterbatterystats and see if you get wakelocks after using GPS. I tested too, but it didn't occure to me. Could be random if the bug is still there. Other ppl reported that too. Ta kernel had that bug at some point.

mrplowdan

Dec 26, 2011
Google Pixel 6
...Here is the attached file. It's from working KANG version. It works superbly on the latest nightly :)

Please change the extension to .so from .zip
works great, thanks
I see this bug as well, but only sometimes and logcat doesn't seem to give any usefull information. I'm running the latest daily CM7 official build, nothing added other than the libcamera mentioned aboved.

Reactions: voyager20021

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Can anyone try this and tell me if they can reproduce this?

Here is my setup:
Ring lockscreen with custom app starter and pattern security
Hold back button to kill application checked

1. Start an app. What I did was start Titanium Backup and began backing up my apps.
2. Lock your phone (display off). Now wake it up, but before you unlock the phone, hold the back button as if you were going to kill the lockscreen.
3. Unlock your phone. The app that you had running before you locked your phone should have been killed. For me, Titanium Backup was killed (it was not backing up my apps anymore).

In my setup, I mentioned that I had the custom app starter. What I've noticed is that if you wake up your device and select a custom app, the app is started even before you unlock the phone. For example, if I choose to unlock into the camera, I would first drag the ring onto the camera bubble. Now the pattern lockscreen is shown, but the camera app has already opened before you unlock the phone. Not sure if this is a bug, but onto my point: if you hold the back button before you unlock the phone using the custom app starter, you will see that it will not unlock into the custom app because if I am correct, it has been killed.

bilbo75

Mar 14, 2011
Prato
For nr 6, try betterbatterystats and see if you get wakelocks after using GPS. I tested too, but it didn't occure to me. Could be random if the bug is still there. Other ppl reported that too. Ta kernel had that bug at some point.

It's exactly what I did.I've seen wakelocks from BetterBatteryStats.It doesn't happen everytime.But quite often.I had a similar problem on CM 7.1 6.5.8 Mik's.
After used GPS always a big drain and the same problem happen to a friend of mine with an Acer Liquid phone and always with CM7.1 rom based.
Anyway it's a good rom.In everyday usage(phone,sms and mails) has a better battery usage for me.And it's very stable too,no random reboots or FCs :)

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I have to confirm this too,but it's not a big problem :p

Reactions: voyager20021

nok2626

May 14, 2011
These are my observations on the latest nighty [update-cm-7-20120420-NIGHTLY-p500-signed] of CM7.
  • Alarm does not auto snooze after certain minutes [even after 15 mins].
  • Unwanted tabs at the top of Video player. [refer screenshot]
  • Missing feature - [Excuse message during incoming call]. This was present in the LG stock ROM.

The latest nighty is the most stable release of CM7. Great work xda.
Can anyone please share the link for latest gapps for CM7. The one given by Adam was way older [20110828]

Attachments

• screenshot-1334057058873.png
    screenshot-1334057058873.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

username1234321

Mar 7, 2012
i rebooted my phone and sd card is not ready to mount
i have partitioned my sd card and i am using link to sd
please help

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

username1234321

Mar 7, 2012
i rebooted my phone and sd card is not ready to mount
i have partitioned my sd card and i am using link to sd
please help

I think my card is gone
My comp is also not reading it:(

All the apps which were on my sd card have got uninstalled
But the internal memory has not decreased
What shoud i do?
(Refer my earlier post)
(edit)
problem solved

Last edited:

Kanad

Oct 26, 2011
Dear All,
My P500 is not showing correct baseband (rom: Latest CM nightly) where as my previous rom Adfad666 N2 was showing correct baseband,can anybody help me on this subject?I am on entirely stock settings not even flashed gapps.
Regards,
Kanad

baskos

Oct 18, 2011
Dear All,
My P500 is not showing correct baseband (rom: Latest CM nightly) where as my previous rom Adfad666 N2 was showing correct baseband,can anybody help me on this subject?I am on entirely stock settings not even flashed gapps.
Regards,
Kanad

confirmed bug, must be fixed in release

DavisNT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
I am using Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC1 for some days and I have noticed the following bugs:
1. Under heavy load (eg. when doenloading a torrent via tTorrent) time to time WiFi disconnects from AP; WiFi tethering doesn't work - computer connects to phone WiFi and disconnects in about second (before obtaining IP address)
2. Connection to PPTP VPN doesn't work (can't connect; server requires MPPE128 encryption)

azur3orion

May 3, 2011
Budapest
Question about audio codecs: aac, aac+, or any mpeg2-mpeg4 audio are not supported in CM for music playback? I've never tried it earlier, just got an album from my friend in aac format, and can't play it on my phone via stock player. It said: unrecognized format. Reverted back to v20g stock, and it plays.

Küldve az én LG-P500-emről Tapatalk használatával.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)