[Q] Can't unlock the unlockscreen

Search This thread

darth45013

Feb 21, 2014
i tried to install swype custom keyboard and it was a fail and when i rebooted as required after install i can't type in my password to unlock the screen because it says swype has stopped and i could just remove the app but i can't unlock my screen because i can't type in my password i tried ADB to remove the the app but that didn't work because it is a system app and it keeps on saying i don't have permission when i try the remove command and i tried to run the root command and su command on adb so i could remove it but it didn't work even though my kindle is rooted so now what do i do that is a alternative to a factory reset ( last choice :( )

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You have to mount system as read-write before you rm anything on it. Run this first: /
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
rm oathandorfilenamegoeshere
that should do the trick

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: darth45013

darth45013

Feb 21, 2014
You have to mount system as read-write before you rm anything on it. Run this first: /
Code:
su
that should do the trick

it didn't work it said not permitted can you give me some ideas of what i might have done wrong

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
it didn't work it said not permitted can you give me some ideas of what i might have done wrong

if you mounted the system with read-write permissions i don't see any reason you wouldnt be able to do that short of not su-ing into root first.

Technically you can just restore the system partition without touching the userdata, i know srt wouldnt touch it but not sure about kffa, and you should be able to throw it into fastboot with
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"

Last edited:

darth45013

Feb 21, 2014
if you mounted the system with read-write permissions i don't see any reason you wouldnt be able to do that short of not su-ing into root first.

Technically you can just restore the system partition without touching the userdata, i know srt wouldnt touch it but not sure about kffa, and you should be able to throw it into fastboot with
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"

sends back error device not found

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Then don't run it that way, try it this way:
Code:
adb shell
su
reboot bootloader
I just combined them for convenience last time so try running it like that.

darth45013

Feb 21, 2014
h i will have to re try tomorrow also is their a way to open the default keyboard or set it to default via adb

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Might be a configuration file that could be pulled and edited on a PC, most android apps I see have a database of some sorts, I have had to analyze a few of them to figure out some things before for a friend.

darth45013

Feb 21, 2014
Might be a configuration file that could be pulled and edited on a PC, most android apps I see have a database of some sorts, I have had to analyze a few of them to figure out some things before for a friend.

Does anyone know the adb shell commands to change the default keyboard could really use them or I will have to do a factory reset

tattoowood

Jun 27, 2010
How do I do a factory reset on my kindle? I'm having the same issue with keyboard not comin up on lockscreen

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    su
    that should do the trick