[4.4.4][CDMA]Snake's Venom 4.4.4 Moto X Port Build #102 For XT1080/M/1030

Search This thread

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
NEITHER MYSELF NOR XDA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Updated:10/06/14

Welcome to Snake's Venom 4.4.4 Port Build #102

The purpose of this port is to pull the newest Moto X (1st Gen) CDMA Verizon firmware and port it to the Droid Maxx/Ultra/Mini.
The benefits over the Maxx 4.4.4 update are as follows:

1) Full Google Dialer
2) Updated Gmail style email Apps
3) Fixes LTE handoff bug for T-Mobile GSM users.
4) Anything else that Motorola Commonly leaves out from the Maxx Rom
5) Native Tether Enabled
6) Circle Widget ported
7) Some report battery life improvement

CHANGELOG:

Build 102
1) Updated Baseband to 23255.127.76.00R

Build 99
1) Updated base port to Build 99
2) Updated and cleaned up Patches
3) Added Tether fixes to XT1030
4) Removed unlocked warning message from logo.
5) Removed Verizon branding from boot animation
6) Addressed Recent Apps patch bug which would report incorrect build

7) Increased Display size to 5.9 inches per @Caseyk621 Kidding haha

Build 96
1) Patched an issue which caused connectivity issues when Wi-Fi tethering to PC's.

Build 83:
1) Introduced Patched Support for Droid Mini XT1030. Shout out to @Rottgrub for his support

Build 77:
1) Patched an issue which prevented MotoConnect from functioning correctly.

Build 64:

1) Updated baseband to 4.4.4 baseband
2) Ported Circle Widget

PREREQUISITES

Droid Maxx/Ultra/Mini with Unlocked Bootloader
TWRP Recovery
RSD Lite 6.15 or Newer

RSD LITE INSTALLATION

1) Download the newest build linked-Build 102

HERE

OR HERE

OR EVEN HERE

2) Extract the package to your PC

3) Copy and paste the zips found in the Patches Folder to the root of your SD card

4) Reboot Recovery- Back Up current ROM

5) Perform factory reset in TWRP ensuring to only wipe DATA and CACHE. DO NOT PERFORM A FULL RESET WIPING INTERNAL STORAGE.

6) Reboot to Bootloader

7) In RSD lite navigate to the "Snake's Venom" XML file found in the port package extracted earlier.

8) Start RSD lite

9) Once Rebooted into the Port, Reboot to Recovery

10) Flash the "Display fix" patch in TWRP recovery. XT1030 users need to flash the XT1030 patch.

11) Reboot. Verify Success. Profit!

If you like my work here, feel free to donate and buy me a beer! Haha

FASTBOOT INSTALLATION

1) Download the newest build linked below- Build #102

HERE

OR HERE

OR EVEN HERE

Along with mfastboot attached to this post

2) Extract the package to your PC and place the contents of the port folder along with mfastboot in the same folder which you have adb setup in.

3) Copy and paste the zips found in the Patches Folder to the root of your SD card

5) Perform factory reset in TWRP ensuring to only wipe DATA and CACHE. DO NOT PERFORM A FULL RESET WIPING INTERNAL STORAGE.

6) Reboot to Bootloader

7) Now we must run the following commands below in a command prompt pointed to the folder which you copied the port to earlier
Code:
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash system system.img
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot reboot

8) Once Rebooted into the Port, Reboot to Recovery

9) Flash the "Display fix" patch in TWRP recovery. XT1030 users need to flash the XT1030 patch

10) Reboot. Verify Success. Profit!

RECENT APPS:
Some of you may notice the recent apps button re-mapped as menu. This is due to a conflict between disabling the virtual keys and displaying the Menu. If you would like to revert this change, flash the "Recent Apps" patch in recovery. Be aware that if reverted, some apps might not display the menu button.

Circle Widget:
As you know, the Moto X does not have the Droid Circle Widgets from factory. If you would like to flash the widget, simply flash the Circle widget patch from the patches folder of the package. Credit to @CornholioGSM for the source from the Photon. Needed editing and updating to work with the Droid Maxx port.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-58-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-58-43.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,906
  • Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-58-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-58-51.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,848
  • Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-59-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-25-19-59-18.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,700
  • Screenshot_2014-07-27-22-37-11.JPG
    Screenshot_2014-07-27-22-37-11.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • Screenshot_2014-08-02-10-34-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-02-10-34-37.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 2,730
  • mfastboot.zip
    221.2 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks brother. This has got to be my most comprehensive yet. You flash it?

Not yet I'm working night's but I'm going to when I get home

sent from "my kungfu is stronger then yours" XT1080

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Does this erase my SD card or does your XML script have save data. If not let everyone know to backup pictures music etc. This is basically an fxz file right.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Not yet I'm working night's but I'm going to when I get home

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Does this erase my SD card or does your XML script have save data. If not let everyone know to backup pictures music etc. This is basically an fxz file right.

It is a save data script.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Ok brother rebootinig now then just have to apply the zips hey does this have the power menu mod for reboot etc. and if not do you know how to make one for the life of me I can't get apktool to recompile the framework. Hey I thought this was from the xt1060 it says xt1053. Also I think you can change the device name in the build prop to see this as an xt1080 I change mine to samsung to use miilk music and the play store sees it as a samsung.

Last edited:

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Ok brother rebootinig now then just have to apply the zips hey does this have the power menu mod for reboot etc. and if not do you know how to make one for the life of me I can't get apktool to recompile the framework. Hey I thought this was from the xt1060 it says xt1053. Also I think you can change the device name in the build prop to see this as an xt1080 I change mine to samsung to use miilk music and the play store sees it as a samsung.
It is from the xt1060. My 4.4.3 port is the xt1053. You download the right one? Lol. It does not have the reboot mod. I can do some research and make a patch for it. Been running this port for over 24 hours now. Smoothhhhhhhh

I edited the build.prop to reflect 1080 but can't get it to report as 1080 when plugged into to the computer. Will research further.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Ok can check and see if you have an option for setting in google now. When I open the app the 3 dots to get into settings is not there also you cant launch google search just by saying "ok google" from the home screen you have to open the app. Yeah I downloaded the correct one but when I connected my maxx to the computer it showed xt1053 for the sdcard. Now it says droid maxx I don't care as long as everything works and is seems to be all good except the google now.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Ok can check and see if you have an option for setting in google now. When I open the app the 3 dots to get into settings is not there also you cant launch google search just by saying "ok google" from the home screen you have to open the app.
Yeah that's a compatibility issue. Working on a patch for that. For now just use the recent apps button as the menu button. Should be set like that after the display patch.

Didn't try the google now thing.

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
It is from the xt1060. My 4.4.3 port is the xt1053. You download the right one? Lol. It does not have the reboot mod. I can do some research and make a patch for it. Been running this port for over 24 hours now. Smoothhhhhhhh

I edited the build.prop to reflect 1080 but can't get it to report as 1080 when plugged into to the computer. Will research further.

To get the circles to work did you just transplant Motlauncher from the 1080? Or did you modify the app? I ask because I want to be able to use TiB to restore all my stuff. Home screens are really time consuming to set up his I like. And time setting everything back up is holding me back atm

Sent From My Droid Ultra

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
To get the circles to work did you just transplant Motlauncher from the 1080? Or did you modify the app? I ask because I want to be able to use TiB to restore all my stuff. Home screens are really time consuming to set up his I like. And time setting everything back up is holding me back atm

Sent From My Droid Ultra
I had to transfer permissions and lib files etc. Do this. Flash the port. Flash the display fix. Flash the circle widget. Then go to TiBu and restore data only to the launcher. That should yield the result you want. Again data only.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Ok can check and see if you have an option for setting in google now. When I open the app the 3 dots to get into settings is not there also you cant launch google search just by saying "ok google" from the home screen you have to open the app. Yeah I downloaded the correct one but when I connected my maxx to the computer it showed xt1053 for the sdcard. Now it says droid maxx I don't care as long as everything works and is seems to be all good except the google now.
Is the google thing present in the maxx firmware aswell?

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Is the google thing present in the maxx firmware aswell?

Well I found a work around I downloaded the google launcher it gave me the 3 dots to get into settings by sliding to the left screen that has google now on it. then search for google everywhere from that screen (you need to do this to get the option) and then open the settings. Click on voice and select ok google detection from there choose any screen. you will be able to now launch google even when using mot launcher. However there is still no menu in the google now app. And to answer your question yes this worked on the maxx 4.4.4. This is not a big issue I never change anything in google now and if I need to I just will change to the google launcher if I need to make any changes then switch back to the motlauncher so dont' kill yourself finding a fix it is not necessary.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Well I found a work around I downloaded the google launcher it gave me the 3 dots to get into settings by sliding to the left screen that has google now on it. then search for google everywhere from that screen (you need to do this to get the option) and then open the settings. Click on voice and select ok google detection from there choose any screen. you will be able to now launch google even when using mot launcher. However there is still no menu in the google now app. And to answer your question yes this worked on the maxx 4.4.4. This is not a big issue I never change anything in google now and if I need to I just will change to the google launcher if I need to make any changes then switch back to the motlauncher so dont' kill yourself finding a fix it is not necessary.
Big, the recent apps button is the menu button. If you hit it, the menu pops up. That is unless you flashed the recent apps patch.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Big, the recent apps button is the menu button. If you hit it, the menu pops up. That is unless you flashed the recent apps patch.

I think you misunderstood me not the recent apps button that works fine I flashed the zip. If you open the google now app there is option for settings at the bottom of the page. There should be 3 dots so you can add or delete cards that you wish to pop up in google now. The only way to access that is through the google launcher now. Why I have no idea.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
I think you misunderstood me not the recent apps button that works fine I flashed the zip. If you open the google now app there is option for settings at the bottom of the page. There should be 3 dots so you can add or delete cards that you wish to pop up in google now. The only way to access that is through the google launcher now. Why I have no idea.
Its a compatibility issue. If you revert the recent apps button back to menu, you'll be able to access the menu anytime you tap that button. That's how I have mine set up.

Thats the way it was back in the droid RAZR/bionic days when we actually had menu buttons.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
Its a compatibility issue. If you revert the recent apps button back to menu, you'll be able to access the menu anytime you tap that button. That's how I have mine set up.

Thats the way it was back in the droid RAZR/bionic days when we actually had menu buttons.

Yeah figured it was something like that it's no big deal like I posted there is a work around to get it to work and still keep the recent apps button. I would rather have that then the menu button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEITHER MYSELF NOR XDA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Updated:10/06/14

Welcome to Snake's Venom 4.4.4 Port Build #102

The purpose of this port is to pull the newest Moto X (1st Gen) CDMA Verizon firmware and port it to the Droid Maxx/Ultra/Mini.
    The benefits over the Maxx 4.4.4 update are as follows:

1) Full Google Dialer
    2) Updated Gmail style email Apps
    3) Fixes LTE handoff bug for T-Mobile GSM users.
    4) Anything else that Motorola Commonly leaves out from the Maxx Rom
    5) Native Tether Enabled
    6) Circle Widget ported
    7) Some report battery life improvement

CHANGELOG:

Build 102
    1) Updated Baseband to 23255.127.76.00R

Build 99
    1) Updated base port to Build 99
    2) Updated and cleaned up Patches
    3) Added Tether fixes to XT1030
    4) Removed unlocked warning message from logo.
    5) Removed Verizon branding from boot animation
    6) Addressed Recent Apps patch bug which would report incorrect build

7) Increased Display size to 5.9 inches per @Caseyk621 Kidding haha

Build 96
    1) Patched an issue which caused connectivity issues when Wi-Fi tethering to PC's.

Build 83:
    1) Introduced Patched Support for Droid Mini XT1030. Shout out to @Rottgrub for his support

Build 77:
    1) Patched an issue which prevented MotoConnect from functioning correctly.

Build 64:

1) Updated baseband to 4.4.4 baseband
    2) Ported Circle Widget

PREREQUISITES

Droid Maxx/Ultra/Mini with Unlocked Bootloader
    TWRP Recovery
    RSD Lite 6.15 or Newer

RSD LITE INSTALLATION

1) Download the newest build linked-Build 102

HERE

OR HERE

OR EVEN HERE

2) Extract the package to your PC

6) Reboot to Bootloader

7) In RSD lite navigate to the "Snake's Venom" XML file found in the port package extracted earlier.

8) Start RSD lite

9) Once Rebooted into the Port, Reboot to Recovery

10) Flash the "Display fix" patch in TWRP recovery. XT1030 users need to flash the XT1030 patch.

11) Reboot. Verify Success. Profit!

FASTBOOT INSTALLATION

1) Download the newest build linked below- Build #102

HERE

OR HERE

OR EVEN HERE

Along with mfastboot attached to this post

2) Extract the package to your PC and place the contents of the port folder along with mfastboot in the same folder which you have adb setup in.

6) Reboot to Bootloader

7) Now we must run the following commands below in a command prompt pointed to the folder which you copied the port to earlier
    Code:
    mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot flash system system.img
    mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot reboot

8) Once Rebooted into the Port, Reboot to Recovery

9) Flash the "Display fix" patch in TWRP recovery. XT1030 users need to flash the XT1030 patch

10) Reboot. Verify Success. Profit!

RECENT APPS:
    Some of you may notice the recent apps button re-mapped as menu. This is due to a conflict between disabling the virtual keys and displaying the Menu. If you would like to revert this change, flash the "Recent Apps" patch in recovery. Be aware that if reverted, some apps might not display the menu button.

Circle Widget:
    As you know, the Moto X does not have the Droid Circle Widgets from factory. If you would like to flash the widget, simply flash the Circle widget patch from the patches folder of the package. Credit to @CornholioGSM for the source from the Photon. Needed editing and updating to work with the Droid Maxx port.
    New build Incoming. Update baseband to new 23.3.23 baseband
    2 questions. Does this build still employ the screen size tweak? And any progress on the multi-colored LED?

Fyi I didn't bother looking for a change log as its likely ALL the way at the beginning...

Sent from My Droid Ultra
    Well, this is obviously the greatest post of the year. Lol
    I lol'd at the increased screen size.

New build released.
    I've been running this for at least a month. It's been great! I've tried flashing other roms but always restore this backup.
    That's awesome. Glad to hear my continued support of this port is not in vain. Thanks!