[Q] Replace the touchwiz settings app with standard?

Search This thread

cm0002

Aug 28, 2010
Hello all,
I was wondering if it was at all possible to replace the severely annoying touchwiz settings app with the standard settings app found on aosp roms and the like, this touchwiz version is one of my biggest irks with this phone and if I can replace it would mean a much easier time waiting for an aosp rom :)

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
No you can't,

You are gonna have to wait for one of the aosp ROMs to be completed, sorry.
Keep an eye on Galaxy S5 original android development.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
Once the Google edition drops then we'll get the chance to rid ourselves of touchwiz. I absolutely can't wait, coming from a Nexus4.

TA4S on my Galaxy S5

cm0002

Aug 28, 2010
No you can't,

You are gonna have to wait for one of the aosp ROMs to be completed, sorry.
Keep an eye on Galaxy S5 original android development.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Forgive my asking, but why is it such an impossible or difficult thing to do? I was under the impression that the settings app just linked various settings components together and that they were not all actually contained within.

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
Forgive my asking, but why is it such an impossible or difficult thing to do? I was under the impression that the settings app just linked various settings components together and that they were not all actually contained within.

The settings is built into the Framework.res/other integral system apps and cannot simply be swapped out.

TA4S on my Galaxy S5