[APP]NavExplorer? Easy Android WiFi & Bluetooth File Transfer App (Auto Compression)

Search This thread

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Okay. Thank God. I believe I found a workaround for the permissions bug by asking for write permissions before read permissions. Not sure why this only matters on some devices, but It definitely fixed the bug on the Huawei Watch 2. :victory: If anyone is still having this issue try re-installing and let me know if you encounter it again.

Reactions: thereal_bigjake

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
So, what exactly is a "Sync Folder"?

A sync folder is supposed to automatically sync slowly to the paired Wear OS device slowly in the background. I just fixed a bug for phones running newer versions of android so you might try again now if it wasn't working before. Make sure you don't set a folder that has too much contents or else it might fill up your watches storage. I haven't been able to test this much so I would appreciate feedback from anyone to see how this works.
-Joel

thereal_bigjake

Sep 17, 2012
Centralia
It would be pretty cool if you could add more theming options like being able to choose custom hex colors for primary, accent and background colors. Also add a dark settings screen for the phone app ?

Love this app, it's a must have for Android Wear and I always turn my friends on to your apps ?

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
New Update:
The latest update allows for auto-compression of images and audio. This is under the stats fragment. For instance, if you have a lot of images on the watch or album art it will scale them to the size of your watch screen. This will help loading time and storage space. With the audio compression feature, you can select the bit rate you want your audio to be compressed to to save room.

I have tried 32 Kbps and it is pretty bad for music but might be useful if you have a very long audiobook or lots of podcasts. There is also a mono option which will reduce it to one track. So far the 64bps is what I can live with and saves a lot of space.

It will skip any files that are already at the correct level of compression.

Please try out this feature and let me know what you think.

DISCLAIMER: This feature will overwrite your previous files so make sure you have a backup or the ability to download these files again as the original high quality version will be gone after compression.

Mbt925

Nov 3, 2018
I am getting a white screen on android 8.1 for companion app. Also "App has stopped" for NavMusic.

Mr Bigglesworth

Jul 23, 2013
Hi, first off great app, thanks.

I've just started using this after needing to move some settings files around.

The question I have is that my watch seems to keep generating a notification to set up a file transfer link (even though the app is closed on my phone). I've also noticed increased battery drain on my watch (Fossil Sport). Basically, it keeps trying to open itself when I would like it to be called on only when needed and not use battery (i.e. I will manually open up the watch app and phone app): is this possible?

Thanks!

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Hi, first off great app, thanks.

I've just started using this after needing to move some settings files around.

The question I have is that my watch seems to keep generating a notification to set up a file transfer link (even though the app is closed on my phone). I've also noticed increased battery drain on my watch (Fossil Sport). Basically, it keeps trying to open itself when I would like it to be called on only when needed and not use battery (i.e. I will manually open up the watch app and phone app): is this possible?

Thanks!
How I have it set up is if you open the phone app, it will immediately request that the watch app start the server. I didn't have this initially, but many people didn't realize you would have to start the watch app. Is there ever a time when you want to open the phone app without starting the server on the watch? Pretty much it's only purpose is to transfer files. If you want to make sure the server doesn't start itself again by accident, you could close the app on your phone rather than clicking the home button so it won't be able to start the watch app. Once you close the phone app, you can close the watch server by clicking on the notification and clicking the stop button.

The phone app will start automatically if you start the server on the watch.

Reactions: Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth

Jul 23, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply. The way you have it makes sense. But I found the server opening on my watch even though the app is closed on my phone.

Maybe I'll reboot both and see if that stops it from happening.

Mr Bigglesworth

Jul 23, 2013
Further small update, after opening the application on the phone, transferring a file and closing it on my phone (and opening the app drawer to close it from there as well), the app still kept opening on my watch at random times... Had to reboot to stop it from opening.

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
Reactions: ted presley

OlaGear

Feb 8, 2021
1) NavExplorer - No "bluetooth real Connect", but when bluetooth connection is initiated from NavExplorer on the phone - the watch app opens and says it will used bluetooth, but then nothing happens ?
I use watch (Gear 2) with Android Wear 1.5, (6.0.1 and API 23), no wifi just bluetooth.
Wear OS on phone (2.43 API19+, aslo tried 2.44 API23+)
NavExplorer 1.3.9 on phone and 1.3.1 on wear (also tried 2.7.1 on wear)

2) NavMusic (used separately) starts transfer, but then reports an error and communication hangs. However the file is actually transferred, but there is an annoying error message on the watch that is only removed by reboot.
NavMusic 2.9.3 on phone and 2.0.1 on wear (also tried newer on wear)

Does anyone have a fix for these bluetooth issues? I assume this is a small bug in the NavExplorer NavMusic bluetooth handshake (since the communication actually is there)

All help is much appreciated!

PS! I used the NavExplorer and NavMusic in earlier days - before the history line of APK's availabkle today. The real old once worked like a charm (same watch).
(All other apps are working fine - Fit, google Maps in new versions etc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP]NavExplorer? Easy Android WiFi & Bluetooth File Transfer App (Auto Compression)

I'm announcing an easy file transfer and manager app. The app communicated directly over you local network so no need to use the usual slow methods. The app automatically communicates with your connected wear device to get the information it needs to transfer files. It also now supports Bluetooth

3/27/18
    Just added root support for beta users. Give it a shot! You can not edit directly from the mobile app yet, but I am working on implementing that. Also I would appreciate any developers help. Many users are having problems using the app to transfer files like their watch doesn't have permissions. If you are running into this and think you can help or know why this might be happening, let me know. You can't open the app without granting permissions, so I don't think this is the issue.

11/15/18
    Added auto-compression feature. See post for this date for the details.

Here is a video demonstrating the app:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXXDW35hv0&feature=youtu.be

Download the app here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turndapage.navexplorer
    or the apks here
    http://turndapage.com/navexplorer-support/

And sign up for betas here:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101222586233608856695
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.turndapage.navexplorer

There are still a lot of features I would like to add but you should still be able to transfer files fine.
    You should be able to transfer files fine, but there are still a lot of features I would like to add so be sure to let me know if you have any suggestions.

kEqOxn6aySCGNGHukaOX7drI-cmbYkc8X4x2Bk0sQJvoqu0xaokb_tQihn02PG5vReJo=h900-rw
    DA0jj0xJKir2rIgwf_nyITW6p0CVBgP9aQ8rdnCBhwanYNG5baq6_qxa4OeJOohTqKzy=h900-rw
    The latest version supports Bluetooth though it may be pretty buggy right now.
    Screenshot_20180120-223224.png
    Neat, I'm gonna give it a try as well!

Sent from my Nexus 6P
    You definitely need the watch app for it to work. The play store shows the LG G Watch as unsupported probably because the app requires a direct WiFi connection to transfer files. I don't have an LG G Watch myself so I don't know if it has the hardware or not but from what I've found it doesn't. If you do, you could definitely try installing the APK yourself. sorry for the confusion.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_oKBnEoSsvh921JG1IqANnxxUIGIoQD/view?usp=sharing
    I can't get my Pixel running Android stock and my Fossil Q Explorist running Android Wear 2.7.0.178645119 to connect! I was hoping it could work!

Hi Stru,

Thanks for letting me know that you are having trouble using NavExplorer. Could you please try connecting and capturing a bug report after it fails connecting so I can better assist you with the issue?
    https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report.html

Here are some things to check:
    -Try a different WiFi network
    -Make sure the watch app is installed and is showing it's IP address
    -Try opening the wear app and selecting connect from the navigation drawer
    -Try rebooting the phone and the watch (this fixed connection issues for me once for some reason)
    -Check the IP Addresses of both devices to make sure they are on the same subnet
    -Try disabling bluetooth on both devices to make sure the watch doesn't auto-disconnect from wifi

That is about all I can think of trying at the moment :) Sorry for the inconvenience. I look forward to your response.