[CLOSED][APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Does anyone ever read this thread or do they just go right to the last page and post their problem????
theres a fix literally posted ONE page back!!!
No , no one ever reads any of the posts, this happens all over XDA threads, lots are very lazy to do a search, not trying to disrespect anyone but it's true.

Sent from my SM-N960U using XDA Labs

Thebear j koss

No , no one ever reads any of the posts, this happens all over XDA threads, lots are very lazy to do a search, not trying to disrespect anyone but it's true.
Can't even get people to read an OP, why would they read a few pages back?!!!? Lol

Sent from my Essential Phone using Thebear Blue XDA Labs

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Correct posting

Thread Cleanup!
I have been called to this thread 3 times this week.

DONT DEMAND FIXES OR ETAS!
KEEP ON TOPIC! ALL OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL RECEIVE A WARNING
post things that are useful to actually fixing a bug or problem STATING THERE IS A PROBLEM DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.
provide logcats, error files etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY USE THE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tomurbanowicz

Jan 14, 2009
Staszów
www.urbanowicz.net.pl
OK, but the latest app is not working - crash during start.
My phone S7 (magisk) - log in attachment.
The "fix" with fingerprint do not work for me.

Attachments

• 2018-09-04_18.28.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Razerman

Jun 30, 2012
OK, but the latest app is not working - crash during start.
My phone S7 (magisk) - log in attachment.
The "fix" with fingerprint do not work for me.

Those logs aren't showing anything related to this app. Please use adb.exe to take a logcat log of the crash. You can get the adb from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

And you can ask Google how to take the logcat with it, there are billions of tutorials out there.

Zordak7

Mar 23, 2014
El Quisco
So lately I found a root solution for detaching YouTube package entirely from PlayStore. Which is by hiding the YouTube app from market so it will never get scanned for updates. This will be accomplished by using a Xposed module called SudoHide that basically hides any specific app from any specific app on your device. This will require root, Xposed framework installed and finally the module itself which is found here. https://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/mod-sudohide-prevent-apps-detected-apps-t3384559

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs

Thanks! Really good idea indeed, I'd read about that module but never relate both things.
Saludos!

ahdeean

Jan 11, 2018
I've installed dark version of ytva, and yeah it is fc couple times when i set the theme to dark with dark watch on too. But when i set dark theme n leave that dark watch toggle off no fc issue appear..
I'm on aosip rom for mido and baracuda for custom kernel btw..

Jwien20264

Sep 4, 2018
Tried installing non root app and keep getting "Failed to parse the package" error message. Any thoughts? Have Moto g6 running Oreo. Thanks

Does anyone ever read this thread or do they just go right to the last page and post their problem????
theres a fix literally posted ONE page back!!!
Please explain to me how is there a fix in the page?

You mean this?

Exactly. It doesn't require any app to detach from play store. However step 1 is really important otherwise youtube will come back in your updates.
Btw, if you have any trouble, you can delete the enable_detach file and put disable_detach file instead !

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Indeed. When I remove my fingerprints, It works pretty well. But when I add even 1 fp, it crashes...

EDIT : I found a workaround to go in the settings with fp enabled.
1) Download AppOps (Requires Root)
2) Find youtube and deny the access to the fp !
3) It works !!!

However, the app still crash when I'm using PiP (it crashes when I come back to "normal" mode)
That's your fix? @mbc663? That's not a fix. It's a workaround and why would I have to download another app for the settings to work normally?

Your advice should be:" install the previous version until OP fixes such issue. "

Sorry being direct but what you said... It's not a proper fix for it.

Why doesn't it work in the first place? Did Google break it? Did the team behind Vanced break it? I think it's wiser to get to these answers :)

I'm not here to disrespect anyone. Just gets annoying to read answers like yours when no proper fix was given in the first place

ambareeshan.ps

Mar 20, 2018
Problem with the new mod:
The description of the video, the video name and the 'next video' remains the same for every video (even when the videos are different) after I open YouTube.

For instance,
Let the first video I watch be 'Eminem fall" and the second video i open be "royal Enfield". So when I'm watching the second video, the video name will still be shown as "Eminem fall" and the related videos will be the ones which were shown while eminem' s song were being played.
Nothing other than the video changes. The description, name and related videos remains the same for all videos.

Thank you.

Last edited:

ambareeshan.ps

Mar 20, 2018
Anything else, sir? A fan to cool you off, perhaps? A massage? Recognize this mod is provided for you FREE of charge by the kindness and skill of others. Logs and a polite attitude will do wonders for you!

I'm being polite itself. Please take it in the right way.
I was just being upto the point.
I respect the fact that the mod is free, but I'd love to be a reason for the betterment of the mod.
So please take it in the right way.
I hope I didn't offend you.
Sorry.

Reactions: allstar21369

PinkieWapo

Sep 4, 2018
Palamós
Youtube Vanced Login Error

Hello,
I've got some problems with the non-root version of Youtube Vanced and MicroG.
I am having problems logging in with my google account on Youtube Vanced. I get this error message telling me to check my network connection.

These are all the fixes that I've tried and none of them worked:

• Delete my account from the settings app and try to login again.
  • Clear my cache and data from Youtube Vanced and MicroG. (Using Settings app)
  • Clear the cache & dalvik cache partitions
  • Re-install the app
  • Used different versions of both Youtube Vanced and MicroG (Used YTVA 13.34.50 arm64-v8a, MicroG Vanced 0.2.4-105 and YTVA 13.32.52 arm64-v8a, MicroG Vanced 0.2.4-81)

I'm currently using a Huawei P9 Lite L-31 running Elite ROM 7.7 with EliteKernelReborn 7.3. As a recovery I am using Elite TWRP 3.1.1.

I made a logcat using the
Code:
adb logcat
command and uploaded it to Google Drive, here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19l6iFme4XNtg6N3OfME9Qgf-G03wylvi/view?usp=sharing

I've also recorded all my steps and uploaded them onto Youtube, here is the link: https://youtu.be/oQ_naOBetq8

Made video and logcat using YTVA 13.34.50 arm64-v8a and MicroG Vanced 0.2.4-105.

Thanks all of you for your time developing this wonderfoul app.

Reactions: Call Me Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)