[EOL][KERNEL][09 AUG][OP3/3T][OOS/H2OS/AOSP] HolyDragon [Oreo 8.x.x and Pie 9.0.0]

Search This thread

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
H2aEUgTv.png

Back again!

You may remember me from my SkyDragon kernels for N6/M8/M7/G3 among other devices, I've been off XDA for a year or so, quietly making kernels and roms for myself and personal friends. Decided to come back to show the OP3 some love under my own moniker while the team is on hiatus.

This is the kernel I use as my daily driver, I'm not really looking to add things so if you want more, please find someone/thing else. My goal here to get as much performance out of our device(s) as possible without sacrificing any battery life or stability whatsoever. No Ofast or ffast-math flags that break IEEE and math operations. No beta toolchains. I compile my own toolchains from recent stable release, build them optimizing and targeting a specific processor instead of the whole architecture, and then I use those to build my kernels that are optimized for that same processor. So this kernel is meant to be as stable stock, all the performance, and none of the loss in battery. Anyways, on with the show..

~*~*Information*~*~
Kernel supports all OP3/OP3T devices running OOS Stable 5.0.x or OpenBeta 32-3x(OP3) and 23-2x(OP3T):good:
Kernel source is based on official OnePlus 3/3T openbeta source code :good:
Kernel has been compiled targeting msm8996 specifically :good:
All but C++, AR, objdump compiled with my custom-built Linaro 6.4.1 toolchain with LTO targeting msm8996/SD820/SD821 :good:
C++, AR, objdump from Qualcomm SnapDragon LLVM v6.0.2 targeting kryo :good:
Using ld.lld from clang 7 for linker :good:
No user setup required - optimal settings already applied :good:

~*~*Features*~*~
No user clock-speed modifications
Flar2 sleep/wakegesture features (Disabled by default, no vibration, enable with EX App)
Stock wake gestures still have vibrate functionality
Swappiness set to zero by default (we have plenty of ram)
vfs_cache_pressure set to zero by default (we have plenty of ram)
ZRAM disabled (why write to slow storage when we have all the ram)
Maple IO Scheduler set to default (IMO best balance of performance/battery life)
Westwood TCP Congestion Profile set to default (Personal preference)
CRC Check Toggle-able (disabled by default)(~%30 performance boost when disabled)
FSYNC Toggle-able
Boeffla's LED Notification
Boeffla's Wakelock Blocker
Savoca's KCAL Control
Fast Charge support for PC charging (1amp instead of .5amp)
Tweaked Alucard Governor (not default, will need to set manually)
DTS Eagle+DTS Ultra
KLapse-Livedisplay Support

~*~*Credits and Thanks*~*~
Telegram Group <333
frap129
Flar2
SultanXDA
MyFluxi
TheCrazyLex
Andip71
savoca
engstk
FranciscoFranco
Dorimanx
maxwen
arter97
dianlujitao
LazerL0rd
Joshuous
Tanish2k09
rupansh

DOWNLOADS

TQvsRq3.png

OOS/H2OS OREO
HDK_OP3_AK2_V6.6 Oxygen/Hydrogen OREO LINK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOS/H2OS PIE
HDK_OP3_OOSP_V1.0 Oxygen/Hydrogen PIE LINK
NOTE:
Kernel zip tries to disable DM-Verity and forced encryption, you may need root however in order to boot.
Install if on something else: If in doubt, download this, flash latest openbeta zip from OnePlus, immediately reboot back into twrp, swipe to allow modifications, install this kernel, install magisk/supersu, profit.
If you're already on this: you can just flash my latest kernel zip and profit.

FHpZqJl.jpg

AOSP OREO/PIE
HDK_OP3_AK2_OMNI_V0.12 AOSP Oreo/Pie LINK
MD5: 736a8ee96e8462d21164eaf3f329e9d1
NOTE:
This kernel is built from Omnirom source), but should work fine on all AOSP based roms with Oreo blobs..
Has been tested and working with basically every aosp rom except DU and PixelExperience

Official Pie blobs - AOSP/LOS
HDK_OP3_AK3_AOSP_V1.0 LINK
MD5: 63a744f828631aba39fc8f452788665d

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kernel's have been thoroughly tested but if you somehow find an issue or just want to leave feedback, that's always appreciated ^^
You can find changes(changelog) by looking at my posted source. You can also find my custom toolchain's, crosstool-ng, and other sources listed there.

If you want to contribute to testing pre-release kernels, or need further assistance please join our:
Discord Server

https://discord.gg/4FafqSV

~*~*Donations*~*~
If you want to donate to my coffee fund, I prefer any cryptocurrency over paypal.
Donate with Coinpayments
or just use paypal, thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
[EOL][KERNEL][09 AUG][OP3/3T][OOS/H2OS/AOSP] HolyDragon [Oreo 8.x.x and Pie 9.0.0], Kernel for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
HolyAngel, Liam_Davenport, MarcAnt01
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/holyangel/OP3.git

Kernel Special Features: Maple IO, Flar Wake Gestures, KCAL, Notification LED customization, slow zram disabled, vfs/vmswap tweaked for performance, DTS Eagle for better audio experience, smoothest+best battery life.

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.0 / 9.1
Stable Release Date: 2018-06-10

Created 2018-01-09
Last Updated 2020-01-14

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyAngel

Reserved

HDK-Mod - v1.0.0

This is my own modified build of Grarak's Kernel Adiutor app. Now unified for all my kernels.
I have added a few extras that were missing for sound control, pdesire audio, DCI_P3 mode, tbalden's kcal modificaiton, sultan's battery cycle/charge commit for msm8996, and Tanish2k09's KLapse-Livedisplay.
You may need to disable Play Protect temporarily to install, working on adding to the play store to negate this issue.
Also changed the theme, and updated some stuff.
Work in progress but needed something to fully control my kernel.
Full credits and much love to Grarak for putting in all the hard work on KernelAdiutor, wouldn't be here without his work.
My source for it is here.

Last edited:

HolyAngel

Bryandu13

Mar 12, 2013
Just updated kernel download link, was wrong. Make sure you got kernel version 3.7 before you flash please :good:

Now I understand why my device was soft bricked ?
Fortunately a dirty flash of my firmware was enough, no data loss.

I'll try the new one !

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Okay so :
- I flashed the 3.7 version and got stuck to OnePlus logo with "Powered by Android"

- I dirty flashed my ROM (BETA 29) and flashed the Kernel immediately after without rebooting and next I flashed Magisk 15 --> It booted

I'll see how the kernel run now.

Reactions: HolyAngel

izukamikain

Jul 1, 2011
Hi, thank you for your effort for the kernel
Wanna ask, which apps I need to configure the kernel? Kernel Adiutor or EXKM?

monsterpenguin5

Jul 29, 2014
Great to see a new kernel! Didn't see any mention about encryption or dm-verity. Does it bypass encryption and dm-verity?

Thanks

ContinuUE

Dec 9, 2017
Excellent kernel it seems like solves the unbelievable, not compatible with Oreo's mobile phone game Caton problem.
By the way, what will happen if I use it on 7.1.1

AdroitAdorKhan

Nov 11, 2014
Madaripur
Thanks a lot for the new Kernel, dude! :D
But, I would request you to add flar2 gestures, because in SA Region, it's kinda uneasy to use fp in winter! :p

came from a custom kernel on an encrypted 3T with magisk 15.2. managed to install this by first restoring stock versions of my system (system.img as opposed to just system) & boot (flashing Xennet's boot images w/ disabled dm-verity also works) backups. booted once to check everything's fine then back to recovery to flash the kernel. didn't need to reflash magisk as the system i restored from was already rooted. HTH someone who wanna try this kernel

thanks for your work, OP. will test & revert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    H2aEUgTv.png

Back again!

You may remember me from my SkyDragon kernels for N6/M8/M7/G3 among other devices, I've been off XDA for a year or so, quietly making kernels and roms for myself and personal friends. Decided to come back to show the OP3 some love under my own moniker while the team is on hiatus.

This is the kernel I use as my daily driver, I'm not really looking to add things so if you want more, please find someone/thing else. My goal here to get as much performance out of our device(s) as possible without sacrificing any battery life or stability whatsoever. No Ofast or ffast-math flags that break IEEE and math operations. No beta toolchains. I compile my own toolchains from recent stable release, build them optimizing and targeting a specific processor instead of the whole architecture, and then I use those to build my kernels that are optimized for that same processor. So this kernel is meant to be as stable stock, all the performance, and none of the loss in battery. Anyways, on with the show..

~*~*Information*~*~
    Kernel supports all OP3/OP3T devices running OOS Stable 5.0.x or OpenBeta 32-3x(OP3) and 23-2x(OP3T):good:
    Kernel source is based on official OnePlus 3/3T openbeta source code :good:
    Kernel has been compiled targeting msm8996 specifically :good:
    All but C++, AR, objdump compiled with my custom-built Linaro 6.4.1 toolchain with LTO targeting msm8996/SD820/SD821 :good:
    C++, AR, objdump from Qualcomm SnapDragon LLVM v6.0.2 targeting kryo :good:
    Using ld.lld from clang 7 for linker :good:
    No user setup required - optimal settings already applied :good:

~*~*Features*~*~
    No user clock-speed modifications
    Flar2 sleep/wakegesture features (Disabled by default, no vibration, enable with EX App)
    Stock wake gestures still have vibrate functionality
    Swappiness set to zero by default (we have plenty of ram)
    vfs_cache_pressure set to zero by default (we have plenty of ram)
    ZRAM disabled (why write to slow storage when we have all the ram)
    Maple IO Scheduler set to default (IMO best balance of performance/battery life)
    Westwood TCP Congestion Profile set to default (Personal preference)
    CRC Check Toggle-able (disabled by default)(~%30 performance boost when disabled)
    FSYNC Toggle-able
    Boeffla's LED Notification
    Boeffla's Wakelock Blocker
    Savoca's KCAL Control
    Fast Charge support for PC charging (1amp instead of .5amp)
    Tweaked Alucard Governor (not default, will need to set manually)
    DTS Eagle+DTS Ultra
    KLapse-Livedisplay Support

~*~*Credits and Thanks*~*~
    Telegram Group <333
    frap129
    Flar2
    SultanXDA
    MyFluxi
    TheCrazyLex
    Andip71
    savoca
    engstk
    FranciscoFranco
    Dorimanx
    maxwen
    arter97
    dianlujitao
    LazerL0rd
    Joshuous
    Tanish2k09
    rupansh

DOWNLOADS

TQvsRq3.png

OOS/H2OS OREO
    HDK_OP3_AK2_V6.6 Oxygen/Hydrogen OREO LINK
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OOS/H2OS PIE
    HDK_OP3_OOSP_V1.0 Oxygen/Hydrogen PIE LINK
    NOTE:
    Kernel zip tries to disable DM-Verity and forced encryption, you may need root however in order to boot.
    Install if on something else: If in doubt, download this, flash latest openbeta zip from OnePlus, immediately reboot back into twrp, swipe to allow modifications, install this kernel, install magisk/supersu, profit.
    If you're already on this: you can just flash my latest kernel zip and profit.

FHpZqJl.jpg

AOSP OREO/PIE
    HDK_OP3_AK2_OMNI_V0.12 AOSP Oreo/Pie LINK
    MD5: 736a8ee96e8462d21164eaf3f329e9d1
    NOTE:
    This kernel is built from Omnirom source), but should work fine on all AOSP based roms with Oreo blobs..
    Has been tested and working with basically every aosp rom except DU and PixelExperience

Official Pie blobs - AOSP/LOS
    HDK_OP3_AK3_AOSP_V1.0 LINK
    MD5: 63a744f828631aba39fc8f452788665d

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kernel's have been thoroughly tested but if you somehow find an issue or just want to leave feedback, that's always appreciated ^^
    You can find changes(changelog) by looking at my posted source. You can also find my custom toolchain's, crosstool-ng, and other sources listed there.

If you want to contribute to testing pre-release kernels, or need further assistance please join our:
    Discord Server

https://discord.gg/4FafqSV

~*~*Donations*~*~
    If you want to donate to my coffee fund, I prefer any cryptocurrency over paypal.
    Donate with Coinpayments
    or just use paypal, thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [EOL][KERNEL][09 AUG][OP3/3T][OOS/H2OS/AOSP] HolyDragon [Oreo 8.x.x and Pie 9.0.0], Kernel for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    HolyAngel, Liam_Davenport, MarcAnt01
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/holyangel/OP3.git

Kernel Special Features: Maple IO, Flar Wake Gestures, KCAL, Notification LED customization, slow zram disabled, vfs/vmswap tweaked for performance, DTS Eagle for better audio experience, smoothest+best battery life.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0 / 9.1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-06-10

Created 2018-01-09
    Last Updated 2020-01-14
    AOSP Oreo/Pie kernel version 1.6 is posted. 122 Upstream, it is noticeably snappier/smoother :good:
    New omni/aosp kernel posted. Upstreamed to latest (.131).
    Version 4.0.0 released!

Main change is merged in latest commits from OnePlus for OpenBeta 31/22, looks like a spectre patch to me..

Other changes:
    ♦ Tweaked maple preset settings, should give us a bit more battery life.
    ♦ Disabled debug_fs and rerouted wakelocks to proc/ folder. Debug_fs is constantly writing when enabled so disabling it saves us some battery life and gives a little boost. This is stable branch and I'm not debugging it so yeah. Off.
    ♦ Lots of small background changes that should help with battery/security

Note:
    ♦ Fast charge support: This is only for charging from pc. Should be able to pull 1+amp from a computer usb port.

♦ Vibration with wake gestures:
    Stock gestures (settings->gestures) ALL vibrate, that is unchanged. Disable these if you don't want gestures or want to use flar's.
    Flar wake gestures (need a kernel app to enable) do not vibrate at all. You need to have stock gestures disabled.
    Sweep2sleep does not and cannot have vibration on my kernel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Think that's everything, let me know ^^
    Yay for 3 kernel updates in 24hrs :silly:

New builds are up (again), KLapse finally works fine now! No more WLED.
    Note: When enabling sometimes screen may go black for a sec but that's it.
    No issues here. Enjoy :good: